What Is The PS3 Really Worth?

yes.the thing is with ports (for the most part) arent always good they are usually slapped together and put out there because the dev's r cheap.there are some good ports out there like zelda which integrated the wiimote wonderfully but usually there crap.thats why alot of people complain about the ps3 right now is because most of the games they have are ported from 360.you want a game that was MADE for your system so that it takes advantage of what the console can do.i.e. wiimote for wii....physics for ps3....and graphics for 360...that is a very simple example and not all true in most cases but you get the idea

I agree that ports are hurting both the PS3 and Wii right now but hopefully that will change once the consoles are more established and get more exclusive titles.

I think that the PS3 is worth its $600 price tag if you want a blueray player. To the average gamer who isnt really interested in blueray or multimedia though i think it'd be worth about $400.

i dont own a ps3 but i understand the blue ray is reveloutionary but its still only worth about $350

Benboi said:
i dont own a ps3 but i understand the blue ray is reveloutionary but its still only worth about $350

so you think sony should take a loss of 500$ per console sold instead of the current 240$?

Shiftfallout said:
yes it was a joke, was the sarcasm that hard to see or were you blind?

Is there something wrong or offensive with bahama joe? Joe is often used over here to refer to the common joe, or the common man so to speak.

Finally, i get it that you dont like me. You have two options, go away or bite me. Your choice.

dude why everytime i say something, you start saying stuff like i'm gettin offensive or defensive..... all i'm saying is don't call me that... And i ain't a common man so the term don't refer to me just to let you know........ But not everytime i say something that doesn't mean i'm getting heated. But i'm cool, i ain't tripping i'm just saying call me hotpotato or whatever but bahama joe isn't cutting the deal..

Shift honestly i don't like alot of things you do it's not that i don't like you, i may not like some of the things you do. You share your views or whatever and i respect some of them to a point... But that go away or bite me line was gay. don't ever use that again towards any male. lol... You may feel like i like messing with you or whatever but it's not like that. I'm just here to discuss things and have fun debates or whatever... and i'm definitely not going to bite you. THE HELL WITH THAT....

hotpotato78 said:
dude why everytime i say something, you start saying stuff like i'm gettin offensive or defensive..... all i'm saying is don't call me that... And i ain't a common man so the term don't refer to me just to let you know........ But not everytime i say something that doesn't mean i'm getting heated. But i'm cool, i ain't tripping i'm just saying call me hotpotato or whatever but bahama joe isn't cutting the deal..

Why do you misread and misquote? I asked you a simple question: do you find it offensive? Thats all. Im not making a statement as you are proclaiming, just merely asking a question. Please do not put intent where none existed. You do this.. A LOT. You must realise this, that you read into things that are not there. But i digress, we have already had this conversation like 100 times. Im not going to waste my time debating with you because clearly you do not want a fair debate, you want an argument and in order to do so, you put spin on a lot of things I say. Spin bad. Truth good.

Shift honestly i don't like alot of things you do it's not that i don't like you, i may not like some of the things you do. You share your views or whatever and i respect some of them to a point... But that go away or bite me line was gay. don't ever use that again towards any male. lol... You may feel like i like messing with you or whatever but it's not like that. I'm just here to discuss things and have fun debates or whatever... and i'm definitely not going to bite you. THE HELL WITH THAT....

Let me just quote you on how you have been responding to me so far.
yeah nice to see you leave your house for once lol..... we already had a debate on the average gamer unless your memory is short........... But anyway too means very if you didn't know. so i am saying it is not very expensive but it is expensive. you need to go back to english class because you ducked to much.......
shift speaking of third grade lmao obviously you are slow. he spell console as counsel. Shift that is why you use conte
xt clues. I really hope you was joking because you would really look dumb at this point. but shift it shows me how mature you are to call me bahamas joe or whatever you said.Lmao you make me laugh mann. yeah people are saying that nintendo is kiddie. But often times games and toys are together. So then that would make the ps3 kiddie huh? I feel like a game should be to everyones grasps not the people who are working and can afford to spend $600

Ok, looking at a few of your repsonses, one finds little jabs and bits of nonexistant intent that you created and thrust upon me. You bring up the wii being kiddy, and push it upon me, when that topic did not even exist to begin with. There was no reason to bring it up, yet you made it part of this debate. Why? because you like to paint people as being bad, demonizing them by baiting them with things you know will get a reaction from others. Dont push that stuff on me kid. You are completely illogical, biased beyond compare, and you dont even want to admit facts when facts are given but rather say they arnt proven by you so they must not exist.

I am done wasting my time on you, you clearly have no intention of being a logical reasonable person who is free of malicious intent. Keep making stuff up, and twisting words around. Play your little game, but i wont be a part of it anymore.

Shiftfallout said:
Why do you misread and misquote? I asked you a simple question: do you find it offensive? Thats all. Im not making a statement as you are proclaiming, just merely asking a question. Please do not put intent where none existed. You do this.. A LOT. You must realise this, that you read into things that are not there. But i digress, we have already had this conversation like 100 times. Im not going to waste my time debating with you because clearly you do not want a fair debate, you want an argument and in order to do so, you put spin on a lot of things I say. Spin bad. Truth good.

Shift i wasn't misreading into nothing. That was not the first time you said it to me. So i was addressing it for past times and future times. I didn't come here for no agrument, that's what you are reading into.

Ok, looking at a few of your repsonses, one finds little jabs and bits of nonexistant intent that you created and thrust upon me. You bring up the wii being kiddy, and push it upon me, when that topic did not even exist to begin with. There was no reason to bring it up, yet you made it part of this debate. Why? because you like to paint people as being bad, demonizing them by baiting them with things you know will get a reaction from others. Dont push that stuff on me kid. You are completely illogical, biased beyond compare, and you dont even want to admit facts when facts are given but rather say they arnt proven by you so they must not exist.

Shift it's whatever mannn. Because there was a aprt in that quote that said, if you didn't know that, you would really look dumb. But no you wouldn't notice someting like that hey... shift you know whats so wrong about your statements? none of them are true. If your statement is true, i want you to find some one else, who you say i try to make look bad. I wish you luck on that because your wrong it's simply as that lol.....Shift get off the facts weed for once. I don't have a problem with facts. But your little stats thing doesn't prove anything because i don't know what they did to get those results. Unless i know then i would agree or disagree with you. I like solid facts, meaning that it is concrete. So unless i know that is concrete, it doesn't mean much. Know one on this site has problems with me and you happen to be the one finding problems with me and others. that's sad lmao.
If someone shows me facts or whatever i don't run away from it. but regardless of that facts thing, i told you what i meant by average gamer and you kept running on with the 30 year old stats.

I am done wasting my time on you, you clearly have no intention of being a logical reasonable person who is free of malicious intent. Keep making stuff up, and twisting words around. Play your little game, but i wont be a part of it anymore.

Lol that's one of my favorite parts. dude i make up stuff? sure buddy! lol who words that i twist young man. You are so sad. certain things people say you can figure out what they truly mean without them saying. But you said something about not leaning towards fanboy. shift you may not be a fanboy but boyyyyyyy do you lean heavily on sony side. for someone who is UNBIAS.

Oh yeah and you was the one who brought up the kiddie topic from when we was in another thread because you misunderstood what i said in this one. After you start saying something about " and you complaining that the wii is kidde" or whatever it was. That's when i decided to let you know that my analogy was not refering to nintendo being kiddie. But dude you don't agree with hardly anybody on this site. everytime someone says something, you try looking hard to find something wrong with what they say sad.

i'm wiolling to pay nothing more than $400 for the 60GB version....if the 20GB is $250, I'm not so sure I will get it( well if i do I will probabbly be reselling it).

markmanuel18 said:
i'm wiolling to pay nothing more than $400 for the 60GB version....if the 20GB is $250, I'm not so sure I will get it( well if i do I will probabbly be reselling it).

Thank you for getting back on topic, Hotpotato and shift are just arguing like crazy, them 2 could make their own thread lol. I would pay £300...No more.

If you go to the AVS forum, PS3 is absolutely the best Blu-Ray player in term of PQ and price. It all depends on what your expectations are.

I am going to get one when there are more BD movies available.

Last edited:
Back