What Is The PS3 Really Worth?

spicka

Beastin By Nature!
Dec 28, 2006
Wilmington, NC
I was wondering what everyone thinks the PlayStation 3 is really worth. What would be a reasonable price you would buy it at? Im just curious. Oh and dont say nothing, $1, $2...etc. I want an honest awnser. :D Thanks

Personally i think it would be better about $100 bucks less.

BTW: I do have one

The 20G was discontinued since no one wanted it and probably because it was losing more money that the 60G. In terms of gaming the system is probably worth $400.00. In terms of all the **** it has its over $1,000. Thank God Microsoft doesn't force people to get DVD players in the 360. I just need a decent hard drive, good internet service, and stellar graphics (by each systems standards and expectations that is).

Take the Blue Ray away its worth 300 to me until they get more games

It's worth what they're charging: $600. Blu-Ray makes sure of that. Of course, most consumers aren't ready for Blu-Ray and aren't willing to shell out that much cash.

Without Blu-Ray? $300, perhaps $400.

What it's worth means nothing to me, I would rather say what I would pay for it, however not to say that I want a bargain but I would pay no more then £300 for a console no matter how good it is. I don’t really want to spend more then that on something that plays games. This seems to be the opinion of the nation.

considering the graphics card alone is worth around 300-400 dollars alone, something i would buy for my pc, i think the price of 599 is reasonable. Considering they lose money on each console sold. I also look at cell processing and the OS plus free internet stuff and firm ware upgrades. Im not that poor that i cant afford such things. Its well worth the price, if not now, then in a year or two for sure. Of course, right now the games out for it do not make it worth the cost, I believe that once the games do start to appear past the launch game phase, that things will change and drastically. As time goes on, the PS3 will become more desired at its current reasonable price.

Of course, in the end, something is worth whatever people will pay for it. At the moment, most people don't seem to think it's worth the price.

On a side note, I would love for some high end PC graphics card manufacturers to sell their products at a loss.

Yes, but the Wii is an affordable price for many people, hence the sales figures.

Back