Pokemon Black&White Discussion

I think, and just off speculation without getting into finer details, my ideal team would be

Jaroda
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow

Gigaiasu (lovin the monster attack and only rock typing; to hell with that 4x weakness junk)
Type: Rock
Ability: Sturdy

Warubiaru (simply bc I love crocs.... And because its actually quite fast for a ground type)
Type: Ground/Dark
Ability: Overconfident

Shibirudon
Type: Electric
Ability: Levitate

Hihidaruma
Type: Fire
Ability: Brute Force
(Question.... Will this Brute Force thing it says it powers up attacks but replaces secondary effects... does that mean no downside to superpower???)

Sazando
Type: Dragon/Dark

Why would Charmander need a 4th evo?
I think, and just off speculation without getting into finer details, my ideal team would be

Jaroda
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow

Gigaiasu (lovin the monster attack and only rock typing; to hell with that 4x weakness junk)
Type: Rock
Ability: Sturdy

Warubiaru (simply bc I love crocs.... And because its actually quite fast for a ground type)
Type: Ground/Dark
Ability: Overconfident

Shibirudon
Type: Electric

Hihidaruma
Type: Fire
Ability: Brute Force
(Question.... Will this Brute Force thing it says it powers up attacks but replaces secondary effects... does that mean no downside to superpower???)

Sazando
Type: Dragon/Dark

I dont think so.

I... Want.... A fourth evolution for charmander.... -.-

No.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Brute_Force_(ability)

=D

Good luck raising a Sazando before the E4 is dealt with if that's your goal, lol.

I honestly don't have any favorites in mind right now, simply because I'm not spoiling every single poke intentionally; I plan on playing blind for the most part, aside from my intended team.

My response to CK claiming that Doryuzu is a rip-off of Sandslash. We brought it here because it was off-topic in the other thread.
A moles not a rodent? I wasnt really sure that a shrew was, but a mole?

-Both rodent-like mammals
-Big ass claws

Let me guess, theyre not mammals, but fish?

Edit: Better argument.

OK CK, you said that theyre both mole-like? So? Azumarill and Lopunny are both rabbit-like, but you dont see anyone calling them a rip-off of Wigglytuff.

Both are Ground-types?....yeah, your right. Hippodon is totally a rip-off of Marowak.

Bipedal? Like half the entire Pokedex?

Both moles with claws and spines? I dont see many spines on our fat-ass friend.

Sandslash rolls into a ball, and Doryuzu into a drill? This really dosnt even matter that much.

I... Want.... A fourth evolution for charmander.... -.-

No.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Brute_Force_(ability)

=D

Good luck raising a Sazando before the E4 is dealt with if that's your goal, lol.

I honestly don't have any favorites in mind right now, simply because I'm not spoiling every single poke intentionally; I plan on playing blind for the most part, aside from my intended team.

@ My Charmander statement: Yes. lol. Theyl;l start doing 4th evolutions for pokes sometime, im sure... They are running out of other ideas.

I wasnt saying this as an in game team, im looking past that some at a competetive aspect already. I will play blind in-game as well. Should be interesting with a whole new crew of pokes, jsut like platinum was.

That team could certainly use improvements typing wise then, Storm. 3x Ice weakness is something I spotted without even thinking, and Jaroda isn't even that impressive of a poke. If it breaks into OU once the UU and OU metagames settle down, I'd be amazed. There has to be a better grass type in Isshu, yeah? Having two Dark types is a bad idea too, IMO.

I'm not even touching on B/W's competitive aspect until I get my full share of in-game fun, since I don't want to spoil pokes as is, and get myself into a competitive mindset months before the game is even released. :lol:

Now, as for the Doryuzuu/Sandslash arguement...

The concept Nick, the concept, not the looks! Sandslash might be listed as a mouse, but it's more of a monstrous mole with the claws and spines, just as Dozuryuu. Both are ground types. Both are Bipedal. Both of them roll their body in for a fitting purpose; a spikey ball for defense, and a drill. They've more similarities in design than what I've listed I'm sure. But you get the point, yeah? Doryuzuu is just a visual rehash of Sandslash with a few more perks.

You didn't pay attention to the most important point, Nick; no pokemon is original. Many pokemon are based off the same animal or organism, as you illustrated with the rabbit pokes. But atleast they all have very unique abilities as opposed to their fellow rabbits; Azumarill is a water type, and Loppuny and Wigglytuff have much varying stats, aesthetics, movepool, and abilities as a pokemon (not in-game abilities :p). In other words, Azumarill is a water type, 'nuff said. Wigglytuff is known for it's singing and being a balloon pokemon. Lopunny uses it's ears for battle and bounces around, as deemed appropriate for a rabbit pokemon.

So, I'm not comparing the qualities a pokemon has from the animal it's based off of, no; Sandslash and Doryuuzu aren't based off the same creature (although they easily could be if gamefreak decided...). Rather, it's their talents that relate so closely.

Their movepools are almost entirely identical. Doryuuzu's movepool is much better (and is superior to Sandslash in next-to all areas, so this matters little) since it learns more moves period, and only lacks 4 of Sandslash's moves, all of which are replaced by one or more USEFULL moves. Their TM movepool is sickeningly identical as well. They even learn a bunch of the same Egg moves, ugh...

Along with more in-game stat similarities, they both have the ground type, and both evolve only once. Same concept of a pokemon as per battling.

Now, onto out of game similarities, I listed quite a few in the quote above, which you somehow missed. >_> Yes, plenty of pokemon are bipedal, have claws, etc.; but I'm not pointing out the fact that they have those qualities like many others. I'm narrowing it down to the fact they have yet another similarity. They have so many that it just turns suspicious. What other ground types have claws to dig with, can change their body form into a niche to better handle their environment, are bipedal, and have similar movesets to these pokes, all while being primarily underground living pokemon? Aside from their pre-evolve forms, none. They're just too-damn similar. Doryuuzu is the new clone of Sandslash in terms of poke-idealology. It's sort of like how people call Roy and Marth in Melee clones; they have incredible similarities that make them identical, but their stats are the only thing that makes them perform differently.

I feel horribly nerdy discussing this, but... eh. I know nothing of shame. :lol:

@ CK: Yea, I feel ya on that. This is more kinda just my favorites, at least from a visual standpoint, at the moment. Not much else. And I'll have to agree that Doryuuzu is a clone of Sandslash

True, they share many traits. But calling them "identical" is a gigantic stretch. When I look at Doryuzu, I dont think "What? It looks exactly like Sandslash." What I think is "Oh look, its a cooler looking Dugtrio."

Even if youre right about Doruzu being a rip-off, there really nothing wrong with that. GameFreak said that they wanted to make counterparts to a lot of the old Pokes. Doryuzu could be a counterpart to Dugtrio and Sandslash.

Movepool-wise, yeah, they are similar.

I'm gonna side with CK on this argument. :p

True, they share many traits. But calling them "identical" is a gigantic stretch. When I look at Doryuzu, I dont think "What? It looks exactly like Sandslash." What I think is "Oh look, its a cooler looking Dugtrio."

Even if youre right about Doruzu being a rip-off, there really nothing wrong with that. GameFreak said that they wanted to make counterparts to a lot of the old Pokes. Doryuzu could be a counterpart to Dugtrio and Sandslash.

Movepool-wise, yeah, they are similar.

Ummm... First off.... How does it look ANYTHING like Dugtrio?? Sorry Nick, twas a bad comparison.

Secondly... It seems to me that Doryuuzu is a genuine rip off of Sandslash. I mean... well yea, correct me if im wrong, but arent these two pokes "scientifically" in the same genus/family? Not only that, but the move pools are extremely similiar, as CK pointed out. Dory just seems to be an amped up version of Sandslash.

Um...theyre both obviously based off moles? If I see a new mole Pokemon, of course Im going to compare it to an old one.

Im sorry, I just dont see how Doryuzu is a rip-off of Sandslash. If you told me that Tabunne was a rip-off of Wigglytuff and Chansey, or that Afrobull is a (cooler) Tauros rip-off, then yeah, I would agree with you.

Last edited:
The majority (everyone but you >_>) has spoken, Nick. Doryuuzu is now an official Sandslash clone, not that that's a good thing. .-.

But hey, opinions are opinions, if you still don't think Dory is a clone of Sandslash, ah well. We tried. :lol:

If you told me that Tabunne was a rip-off of Wigglytuff and Chansey, or that Afrobull is a (cooler) Tauros rip-off, then yeah, I would agree with you.

Those two clone examples are also sadly true by aesthetics at the least, although Tabunne isn't that bad. It's just not exactly original (until I look at it's stats in-game, I'm sure :lol: ). Generic normal types are generic.

@ CK: Yea, I feel ya on that. This is more kinda just my favorites, at least from a visual standpoint, at the moment. Not much else.

... If I was a 5th gen poke I'd have competitive (battling) spirit as my ability. .-.; God, I'm pathetic. :lol:

Lamest 5th Gen Pokes?

Mine would be...the fully evolved monkeys, the Fighting ledgendary trio, that fatass dog, [STRIKE]Maggyo[/STRIKE], and maybe those two rocky Fighting-types.

Maggyo/Derpfish FTW!

Edit: Added sprites to my team review!

Last edited:
Back