Pokemon of the Week

MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Maybe I'll just do another one in the meantime. also the picture for the stunfisk potw no longer works, fix it

Pokemon of the Week #31 (6/7/2014)

Klinklang

250px-601Klinklang.png

Klinklang, the Gear Pokemon. Its red core functions as an energy tank. Said core is rotated at high speed for a rapid energy charge. It fires the charged energy through its spikes into an area.

I intentionally picked a Pokemon I didn't like because I felt like trashing somefin. Holy **** Klinklang is stupid. I mean, in my opinion, it has one of the absolute worst designs in all of Pokemon. I have no problem with a gear Pokemon, no problem at all. Actually, the energy core gear concept mentioned in its Pokedex entries is fairly cool. However, Klinklang fails to be anyfin close to a good design. It's a few gears with stupid faces, a red gear that functions as an energy core, and a rim of spikes surrounding it. The energy core and spikes are somewhat cool, I guess, but the rest of the design isn't appealing whatsoever and is ridiculously uncreative. When I first saw Klink, I was like "well, that's stupid, but maybe it will have cool looking gear-themed evolutions". Nope. Just more damned Klink. And this isn't a butterfly scenario where there's a chance of getting a cool gear-themed Pokemon in the future, like how there's a fuckbillion butterfly and moth Pokemon, nope, this was the one chance and they ruined it.

At least Electrode has amusing facial expressions.

Competitively, Klinklang is nothing too hot, but it's alright. It has good attack, high defense, and surprisingly, above average speed. Its only decent ability, Clear Body, at least has a few uses, like ignoring Indimid8 and Sticky Web, it could be worse. It also has good defensive typing. Its biggest problem is that, a la pre generation VI Flareon, it has "no moves". It literally has five viable moves. Five. Namely, Shift Gear, Gear Grind, Wild Charge, Return, and Substitute. There are other moves that it can possibly make some use of, I guess, like Magic Coat and Thunder Wave, but they aren't desirable for a sweeper set, aka Klinklang's best chance at being successful. Anyways, Shift Gear is actually really good, hands down one of the best boosting moves in the game. It doubles speed and raises attack one stage, so it's like Dragon Dance, only Klinklang doesn't need to invest anything/much in speed since it outruns almost everyfin at +2. Gear Grind is also a great move, aside from its lacking accuracy. For all intents and purposes, it's a more powerful but less accurate version of Iron Head (which Klinklang lacks for some reason) that hits twice. The fact that it hits twice can be beneficial or detrimental. On the plus side, it can break through Focus Sashes and Substitutes. On the minus side, it has twice the chance of activating the negative effects of abilities like Static and Flame Body. Wild Charge and Return hit Pokemon pure steel coverage misses out on, which is a lot. With Wild Charge, it can hit water-types a lot harder, but is stuck with hitting fire and steel types with a base 90 power move, while still failing to solve the electric-type issue. With Return, neutral hits are a bit more effective, but water and steel types are more problematic. Sadly, running both moves isn't really a good idea, as Substitute is arguably the best choice for the fourth slot, for its ability to block status, among other things. This **** coverage is Klinklang's main issue.

I'm not writing one for Klink and Klang since they're the same thing as Klinklang only in fewer number. By the way, regarding onomatology, I don't have any issue with the family's names. While obviously uncreative, they have some cute and simplistic onomatopoeic appeal, and I've always enjoyed families with a name theme, like Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam. They're are definitely not the worst names out there.

Edit: I forgot the fanart, I shall find some and edit it in.

Edit 2: da fanartz

ギギギアル | シカジマ [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=39715583
Chart | SIN [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=29063195
ギギギさん | たくらいだー [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=30376897
ギギギアルちゃん | ボロクロ [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=26674519
ポケモン擬人化 ギギギアル | 倖臥@小十佐熱で死にそう [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=16948632
ぎぎぎゴーランド | か ぜしお [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=14483005

Last edited:
Write one for Vanilluxe. I'm genuinely interested to hear a more detailed rant about why you hate it so much.

if you don't, I'll abandon my stunfisk fanboyism and become a vanilluxe fanboy instead

lol like that would happen

Snorlax this time, because I already wrote out the competitive stuff for a Pokemon of the Week in BMGf's battle section.

Pokemon of the Week #32 (6/24/2014)

Snorlax

250px-143Snorlax.png

Snorlax, the Sleeping Pokemon. It is very lazy. It is not satisfied unless it eats over 880 pounds of food every day. When it is done eating, it goes promptly to sleep. Its stomach can digest any kind of food, even if it happens to be moldy or rotten. It is such a docile Pokémon that there are children who use its big belly as a place to play.

Snorlax is one of my personal favorite Generation I Pokemon, not totally sure why. It has a good, simplistic design, but I wouldn't call it anyfin more than that. It always appears to be sleeping, but don't be deceived, as it keeps its eyes shut even when awake. It opens its eyes once in a while, which is always rather humorous. But more notable than its usually closed eyes is its immensely obese appearance. Indeed, Snorlax is very heavy. Despite this, it has impressive physical strength, which is common among other fat characters in video games. One thing I like about Snorlax is that it's not directly copy/pasted from something that already exists. It is very bear-like, but it isn't as obvious as Ursaring, Beartic, or Pangoro. It's also sort of cute in both behavior and appearance, especially how it lets kids play on its belly. I don't like how it stands up in XY, I preferred when it layed on the ground while fighting.

Here's a big competitive rant I posted for the BMGf Pokemon of the Week,

Pokemon of the Week: Snorlax

snorlax5564_zps7fb24450.jpg~original

[source]

This time the Pokemon of the Week is one of my personal favorite Generation I Pokemon, Snorlax. I'm not totally sure why, but I've always liked Snorlax a lot. The fatass bear-thing was very good in competitive Pokemon for a long time. It was great in competitive RBY, but it was in GSC where it really shined. I've never played real pre-BW competitive, but from what I know Snorlax basically owned the GSC metagame, its Curselax set being the most prevalent. Snorlax was also pretty great in RSE. DPP is where Snorlax really started declining in viability, and completely dropped out of OU in BW. The power creep and a larger amount of fighting-types were both contributors to this downfall. Snorlax was at least a dominating force in BW UU, and continues to be a great Pokemon in the XY version of the metagame.

I'm going to focus on Snorlax's usage in the UU metagame, since that is where Snorlax plays best by a very significant margin.

Sets:

Assault Vest:
Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Defense / 200 Special Defense / 4 Speed
Body Slam/Return
Pursuit
Earthquake
Selfdestruct/Crunch/Fire Punch/Counter

As all competitive players know, Snorlax is most known for its insane special bulk. Assault Vest takes this to the extreme and makes the vast majority of special attacks just bounce off Snorlax. This is especially true with fire-type and ice-type attacks, which Snorlax has pseudo-resistances to, courtesy of Thick Fat. Sadly, although Assault Vest makes Snorlax harder to break through quickly, it ruins its long term game, as Snorlax has absolutely no means of recovering health while wearing the item.

Body Slam is generally the superior STAB move here, as while Return is more powerful, Body Slam's very nice paralysis rate more than makes up for the lower power. However, if other team members are particularly reliant on abusing status moves -- such as Sableye with its Will-o-wisp -- Return can be used instead to avoid potential status confliction. Both moves are moderately powerful attacks that can leave big dents in frailer offensive Pokemon, just don't expect either one to break through walls. Pursuit is non negotiable, as while it is pathetically weak on targets that stay in, it guarantees damage on anything that can't kill Snorlax, which is especially important on frail Pokemon and weakened Pokemon. Earthquake is also a must have move, as it hits Pokemon that resist Snorlax's normal-type attacks, such as Jirachi and Doublade. EQ also scores super effective damage on quite a few things, such as Victini and Nidoqueen. The last slot isn't quite as important as the first three. Selfdestruct allows Snorlax to go out with a bang, doing major damage. Crunch hits things like Bronzong, Gourgeist, and Mismagius, although it should be noted that ghost-types like the latter two often run Will-o-wisp to cripple Snorlax. Fire Punch hits Escavalier, Forretress, Abomasnow, and others harder, while maintaining coverage against Bronzong. Counter is actually classified as a physical move, meaning that it can be used with an Assault Vest, surprisingly enough. This can be useful against bulky physical attackers that Snorlax has trouble damaging, such as Mega Aggron (Earthquake only does around 25% to offensive variants). The thing is, most of the attackers Snorlax could use it on, like Darmanitan and Toxicroak, could be dealt with just as easily with its attacking moves. Additionally, Close Combat and Superpower -- the two most common fighting-type attacks -- lower the user's defense, meaning that Snorlax can do quite a bit of damage directly if it manages to survive the blow. For example, Snorlax is capable of living a Mega Absol's Superpower and OHKOing it with Return or Body Slam, thanks to this defense lowering side affect.

Resttalk
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful/Impish
EVs: 144 HP / 184 Defense / 176 Special Defense / 4 Speed
Rest
Sleep Talk
Body Slam/Return
Whirlwind/Earthquake/Crunch

Snorlax lacks a reliable recovery move, so it is forced to resort to the well known Resttalk strategy, befitting of its sleeping motif. Thankfully, Snorlax has some of the best overall bulk in the entire game alongside only one weakness, so it preforms the strategy better than most.

The set is simple. Spam Body Slam to spread damage and paralysis, and use Rest when it needs to recover health. Of course, like in the previous set, if potential status confliction is a problem, Return is a completely viable alternative. When asleep, Sleep Talk has a 1/3 chance to select each move (besides itself, obviously). This prevents Snorlax from being setup bait while waiting to wake up. There are multiple options for the last move. Whirlwind makes Snorlax even harder to set up on, blowing away the opponent and any boosts they may have acquired, even Substitute. It is recommended to use this alongside entry hazards for obvious reasons, so Spikes setters like Forretress, Roserade, and Cacturne are great teammates when using Whirlwind. Earthquake has nice super effective coverage and hits Pokemon resistant/immune to normal-attacks, apart from levitating ghosts like Mismagius. If such ghosts are an issue, Crunch can be used to hit them, though its super effective coverage is inferior to Earthquake's. Both attacking moves are generally more situational than Whirlwind.

All out attacking
Snorlax @ Choice Band/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack / 52 Defese / 200 Sp. Defense / 4 Speed
Body Slam/Return
Pursuit
Earthquake
Crunch/Selfdestruct/Fire Punch

An all out attacking set, with either Leftovers for automatic healing or Choice Band for sheer power. With Choice Band, OHKO's are going to be a lot more common, so Return's higher base power makes more of a difference than on the other sets. Body Slam is especially viable with Leftovers, but also works with Choice Band. The status confliction issue mentioned previously should be kept in mind. The other moves work the same as in the previous sets, but with a Choice Band, extra care must be taken not to mispredict. If the opponent has a healthy setup sweeper waiting in the wings, such as Porygon-Z, locking it into Pursuit will give them a free turn, which can spell your doom. If they predict an Earthquake and switch to a flier, they are, once again, given a free turn. Crunch is slightly more notable on this set for being Snorlax's only viable move that nothing is immune to, not counting the weak Pursuit. Thus, it can help with easing prediction.

Curselax
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Defense / 176 Special Defense
Body Slam/Return
Curse
Crunch/Earthquake
Rest

This well known set aims to set up attack and defense boosts. The attack boosts make Snorlax a formidable offensive threat after a few boosts, while the defense boosts makes Snorlax nearly impenetrable from both sides. The speed loss is almost entirely insignificant, though after a few Snorlax will be unable to outrun even paralyzed foes. Speaking of paralysis, Body Slam is more recommended than ever here, as hitting harder right off the bat is not as important with this set. The paralysis Body Slam grants is arguably more important, even if Snorlax itself is incapable of outrunning paralyzed foes after a few Curses. Status confliction is also less of an issue since this Snorlax won't be switching around as much as the other sets, since it aims to sweep. However, Return is still viable if its benefits are important enough for you. Curse is obvious, being the namesake of the set. Crunch attains nearly perfect neutral coverage with Body Slam/Return, only failing to hit things like Cobalion. Earthquake is also an option to hit normal resists such as steel and rock types harder, but note that this combination does not hit as many Pokemon for even neutral damage, failing to touch Bronzong, Mismagius, Trevenant, Gourgeist and others for much damage at all (or in Mismagius' case, any). Rest is to regain health, and Cursing up, Snorlax will hopefully be able to survive any assaults it faces in its sleep. Just be sure that you have its threats out of the way.

Threats to Snorlax: Fighting types such as Toxicroak, Mienshao, and Heracross can easily plow through Snorlax's weaker defensive stat with super effective hits. Even Curselax will have issues handling them -- Life Orb Mienshao does 60% minimum to a Snorlax at +2, and that's not even with Reckless. However, all of them have issues switching in on offensive sets, and they're also afraid of potential paralysis from Body Slam. Chesnaught has an easier time due to its high physical defense and lack of reliance on speed. Defensive ghost types also fare well, this includes Pokemon like Gourgeist, Doublade, and Trevenant. Gourgeist super and Doublade can't even be 2HKO'd by the Choice Band Set. While Sableye can be, it can easily just Will-o-wisp Snorlax, destroying its offensive potential. Sableye can even prevent it from healing or using Curse with Taunt, making it arguably one of the very best Snorlax counters available. Mega Aggron also takes little from even Earthquake and can either attack Snorlax or force it out with Roar.

Things Snorlax threatens: Snorlax is a superb special wall, making it a good counter or check to almost every special attacker in the game. In particular, it is one of the best counters to Chandelure (though it needs to watch out for Trick) and Mega Houndoom. Its physical bulk, while not amazing like its special bulk, does allow it to check quite a few physical attackers. For example, healthy ones can check Darmanitan (even Life Orb Superpower fails to OHKO defensive sets), Arcanine (same as Darmanitan, only with Close Combat), and more.

Teammates: Snorlax needs things that can deal with the fighting and ghost types that plague it. You can use ghosts of your own for the former, as most of them are quite good at handling fighting types. To beat ghosts, fire types like Arcanine and Rotom-H can be of great use, being immune to Will-o-wisp and plowing through most of the ghost-types. These are, of course, just examples of things to handle Snorlax's threats. Due to Thick Fat, Snorlax resists fire and ice attacks, making it a good teammate to Pokemon weak to said types, like Yanmega and Avalugg. The sets lacking Rest appreciate Wish and Heal Bell users, such as Florges and Alomomola. Lastly, entry hazards are useful, especially to sets utilizing Whirlwind. Cacturne, Forretress, and Omastar are all Pokemon that can stack hazards, with many others being able to learn at least Stealth Rock.

If you don't want to read all of that, Snorlax, in short, plays well as a bulky Pokemon. Its very high HP grants it above average physical bulk and amazing special bulk, allowing it to take hits like a boss. It also hits hard off of its high attack stat, and can spread paralysis with Body Slam if it wants to. Its ability, Thick Fat, allows it to take on fire-types and ice-types particularly well. Snorlax does lack a recovery move, even Slack Off, but it is one of the best Resttalk users in the game, which is fitting, considering its motif. Body Slam, Return, Earthquake, Curse, Crunch, Pursuit, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Whirlwind are the moves it uses best, although it has other options.

Munchlax, the Big Eater Pokemon. It wolfs down its weight in food once a day, swallowing food whole with almost no chewing. In its desperation to gulp down food, it forgets about the food it has hidden under its fur.

I like Munchlax quite a bit too. It's cuter than Snorlax, though I don't like how its eyes are usually open...they were closed in its DP sprite, like Snorlax's, and I kind of miss that. It's a somewhat amusing and silly Pokemon, forgetting about food it's sloppily stashed in its fur, and moving much quicker when it sees food.

Compared to most baby Pokemon, Munchlax is very good. It was actually in RU for a while in BW, because of its massive special bulk and high physical bulk when holding Eviolite. Even higher than its evolution's, I believe, although it has less attack power and cannot hold another item. It's also very crippled if it ever ends losing its Eviolite, whereas Snorlax can at least still function without an item.

Some fanart of both of them:

グッズ登場記念 | スマゴン [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42945694
ゴンベときのみ | すいみん [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37232606
描き納めだゴン | スマゴン [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=40644040
✿私のご主人様✿ | 6 [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=38746973
カビゴン | YuMet [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=26733353
次の場所を夢見て | ハリネズミ!☆ [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=31104272
クリスマスカビゴン | とまと [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=32077637
食寝兼備 | に/き [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=25973192
Route 12 | sweet [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=25608621
【リク絵】カビごん | 舵丸 [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=15792513
ごはんですよ | 明元 [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=8612416

Last edited:
Pokemon of the Week #33 (8/29/2014)

Shulk
main.png

Shulk, the Foresight Pokemon. This male-only Pokemon species is particularly nerdy and antisocial, and enjoys tinkering with equipment in his lab. His guardian, Dickson, is a giant help in getting him to actually go outside. He is friends with Reyn, Fiora, and Fiora's brother Dunban, who supports Shulk's obvious infatuation with his sister. After certain events get set in motion, he develops an extreme hatred of the mechanical inhabitants of Mechonis -- the Mechon. Said events result in him discovering his ability to wield the legendary Monado sword, granting him the power of foresight.

I'm quite a fan of Shulk. While I prefer other similar Pokemon, such as Riki and Alvis, he's still pretty cool. He's one of the Pokemon lucky enough to be playable in Smash Bros, and that earns him a load of bonus points. His design is also quite good, I particularly like the metal circles his jacket has. His shorts also look rather neat, the design as a whole is rather mechanical looking and I appreciate that. I'm not entirely sure what's up with those things on his legs, though. Is it some sort of brace?

In competitive, Shulk is pretty good. He has high speed and attack, making him a good sweeper. His offensive movepool includes strong attacks like Monado Buster, Cyclone, and Back Slash. He also has some neat support moves, such as Enchant and Light Heal, but one may find these difficult to actually use due to his low bulk.

Some fanart of Shulk:
ゼノブレイド らくがき | 岩本ゼロゴ(05) [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=31267879
ゼノブレイド | rapuka [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35815340
祝4周年! | さば [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=44052931
無題 | 36 [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=24871647
それっ! | beco [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=21212171
一周年おめでとうゼノブレイド! | serico [pixiv] http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19517867

tumblr_mv3znqWJVi1ql5m19o4_r1_500.gif

Pokemon of the Week (The Real) #33 (2/28/2015)
Tyranitar

375px-248Tyranitar.png
248Tyranitar-Mega.png

The moment you all have been waiting for...
The Armor Pokémon
Japanese name: バンギラス(Bangiras)
Type: Rock/Dark
Ability: Sand Stream
Hidden Ability: Unnerve (Which no one would use)
Height: 6'07" (2.0 m)
Mega Height: 8'02" (2.5 m)
Weight: 445.3 lbs. (202.0 kg)
Mega Weight: 562.2 lbs. (255.0 kg)
Evolves from Pupitar at level 55 which evolves from Larvitar at level 30
Base Stats: 100/134/110/95/100/61 (600)
Mega Base Stats: 100/164/150/95/120/71 (700)
Resistances: Normal/Flying/Poison/Ghost/Fire
Immunities: Psychic
Weaknesses: None (Fighting 4x, Ground, Bug, Steel, Water, Grass, Fairy)

Affectionately called TTar, this Generation 2 pseudo-legendary Pokémon is known for both its extremely tough armor and its extreme power. With just one hand it can crumble mountains. As it walks it buries rivers and changes landscapes. Its body cannot be harmed by any sort of attack. If you think your safe against this monster your not. Even its very presence bring a sandstorm (which probably comes from the same mountains he destroys). Tyranitar will erode you down before it even reaches you and when it does reach you, there is nothing you can do. Tyranitar has been around for five generations and has been in the top tier of Pokémon for all of the five. In Generation 6, Tyranitar was one of the few Pokémon to receive a Mega Evolution. Mega TTar gains extra bulk and power in both design and in usage.

Competitively, Tyranitar is very versatile, being capable of many team roles. In OU Singles, it can hold the role of Physical, Special, and Mixed Tank, Physical Mega and non-Mega Sweeper, Physical, Special, and Mixed Wall, Revenge Killer, Pursuit Trapper, Stealth Rock Setter, Sandstorm Setter, and Support. Tyranitar also has use in Doubles with Rockslide. Being a Rock Type Pokémon, Tyranitar is also the only Pokémon with Sand Stream who can utilize Sandstorms Special Defensive bonuses.

Here are some of the good competitive sets:

Singles OU - Choice Scarf Pursuit Trapper & Revenge Killer Set
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Singles OU - Mega Dragon Dance Pysical Sweeper
Item: Tyranitarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Singles OU - Sandstorm and Stealth Rock Setter & Support
Item: Leftovers / Smooth Stone
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Nature: Impish / Relaxed
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Beam / Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Fire Blast

Doubles VGC - Choice Scarf Mixed Set
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Doubles VGC - Dragon Dance Pysical Attacker Set
Item: Lum Berry / Tyranitarite / Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly / Adamant
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Doubles VGC - Special Attacker Set
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse / Ice Beam
- Protect

Doubles - Pysical Tank
Item: Chople Berry / Passho Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant / Brave
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Protect

My personal favorite set and the one I use:

Armored Assault TTar-248
Item: Assault Vest
Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Nautre: Adamant / Impish
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Artwork:
Shiny Tyranitar:
Shiny_Tyranitar.png
It also comes in black:
Black_Tyranitar_Golden_Boys.png
Cool Backgrounds:
mega_tyranitar___stone_edge_by_ishmam-d7o4mse.png

Tyranitar_Wallpaper_1280x960_by_MattRiddle.jpg

The one I personally use:
tyranitar___stone_edge_by_ishmam-d6c63b8.png
Tribal Tyranitar:
tribal_tyranitar_by_esmeekramer-d6rnoso.jpg
Tyranitar Card:
180px-ShiningTyranitarNeoDestiny113.jpg

Last edited:
WHA-

well that was unexpected
the bias was not
Loves me some TTar. Grand design, grand competitive potential. Back in ye olde Gen 4, I tended t' lean towards bulky CB and hyper offense Derp Dance sets. I often built Sandstorm teams 'round it as well. Though I also used a vanilla TTar with some worthless item in Gen 3's battle frontier... even had one in Gen 2. Sad story regardin' it. I lost it (and plenty'a other Pokemon) from a data transfer error while playin' Pokemon Stadium 2. Upset me somethin' good, let me tell ya.

Throughout the Generations it's certainly been a favorite'a mine. If I was still actively battlin', I'd have a Mega TTar 'n Assault vest TTar for sure.

oh hey thats from a card i have

WHA-

well that was unexpected
the bias was not
Hah it must be 20XX

but yeah
I am saddened a little that TTar gained another weakness in Gen 6 but he seems to be doing fine still and will probably always be in OU because he has a Mega now. And even if he isn't I will still use him.

Loves me some TTar. Grand design, grand competitive potential. Back in ye olde Gen 4, I tended t' lean towards bulky CB and hyper offense Derp Dance sets. I often built Sandstorm teams 'round it as well. Though I also used a vanilla TTar with some worthless item in Gen 3's battle frontier... even had one in Gen 2. Sad story regardin' it. I lost it (and plenty'a other Pokemon) from a data transfer error while playin' Pokemon Stadium 2. Upset me somethin' good, let me tell ya.

Throughout the Generations it's certainly been a favorite'a mine. If I was still actively battlin', I'd have a Mega TTar 'n Assault vest TTar for sure.
This basically reflects exactly my journey with TTar (except for the Pokémon Stadium loss).
I remember finding and training a Larvitar in Silver and it turning into a monster. I was so surprised by how awesome and cool it was it became my favorite Pokémon instantly. In FRLG my friend told me he got a Larvitar and I basically forced him to tell me where he got it. I caught one, and trained it in a day. When it evolved into Tyranitar, I saw Sand Stream and instantly equated it with Drought and Drizzle cementing the fact that this thing was on par with Legendaries. And from then on I always had a TTar in all my games. Tried to build a Sand Team multiple times and so on and so forth.

I still need to balance my Armored Assault TTar though. It seems to work fine right now but I am thinking about switching some of the coverage moves around. If you have any opinions I would like to hear them.

oh hey thats from a card i have
What card?

This basically reflects exactly my journey with TTar (except for the Pokémon Stadium loss).
I remember finding and training a Larvitar in Silver and it turning into a monster. I was so surprised by how awesome and cool it was it became my favorite Pokémon instantly. In FRLG my friend told me he got a Larvitar and I basically forced him to tell me where he got it. I caught one, and trained it in a day. When it evolved into Tyranitar, I saw Sand Stream and instantly equated it with Drought and Drizzle cementing the fact that this thing was on par with Legendaries. And from then on I always had a TTar in all my games. Tried to build a Sand Team multiple times and so on and so forth.

My memory of a decade ago can't be trusted, but I recall raisin' a Larvitar simply to complete my Pokedex... and its final evolution I found t' be very favorable. Strong as it was cool. So I raised it for battle. Certainly didn't disappoint. It returned t' my teams repeatedly for the same reasons: it was one'a the few extremely viable Pokemon I loved.

I still need to balance my Armored Assault TTar though. It seems to work fine right now but I am thinking about switching some of the coverage moves around. If you have any opinions I would like to hear them.

Iron Tail to slap Fairies on the switch. literally the worst recommendation ive ever given

Aqua Tail was once used as good neutral coverage and a way t' hit Hippowdon 'n Gliscor in ye olde 4th Gen, a la Platinum. Dunno if it has any value in t'day's metagame.

What card?

Oh, that was just my insomnia bein' a derp. Nevermind. Somehow I was thinkin'a this.

Iron Tail to slap Fairies on the switch. literally the worst recommendation ive ever given

Aqua Tail was once used as good neutral coverage and a way t' hit Hippowdon 'n Gliscor in ye olde 4th Gen, a la Platinum. Dunno if it has any value in t'day's metagame.
Some of the recently used coverage moves are Ice Punch, Fire Punch, and Earthquake
Low Kick might be too old now

Back