Pokemon X/Y

About that...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-viability-ranking-thread.3495992/

Note that it clarifies when mega forms are included. For Pokemon that are viable even without their mega forms, it's listed like this: "Gyarados / Gyarados (Mega)", complete with sprites for each. For Pokemon that depend on their mega to be viable, it's "Pinsir (Mega)", with a lone sprite. As you can see, the formatting used implies that many people consider regular Gardevoir absolutely viable. Don't mean to make it sound like what Smogon says is necessarily the word of god, but they usually know what they're talking about.

It's still in the works, but it's more complete than the last time I mentioned it.
Mega Lucario's S-Rank? I must be using him wrong.

Reading some guy trying to argue in favor of Hyper Beam Greninja on Smogon.

._.;

people, this has been common knowledge since generation two. HYPER BEAM AND VARIANTS OF IT SUCK. Except maaaaybe on certain Porygon-Z sets, that's about all I can think of.

._.;

people, this has been common knowledge since generation two. HYPER BEAM AND VARIANTS OF IT SUCK. Except maaaaybe on certain Porygon-Z sets, that's about all I can think of.

Greninja is quick to die. A suicidal Hyper Beam could actually be worth it in certain circumstances, though I'm not sure if there's anythin' you'd actually want to hit with said attack. Even then I doubt it's ever worth a moveslot anyways.

Hyper Beam on a Pixilate Sylveon was able to one-shot my Uber Yveltal.

But yeah it sucks horribly on Greninja.
252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 380-450 (96.6 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Greninja is quick to die. A suicidal Hyper Beam could actually be worth it in certain circumstances, though I'm not sure if there's anythin' you'd actually want to hit with said attack. Even then I doubt it's ever worth a moveslot anyways.
It's not. Eh, maybe in 3 vs 3 with a Focus Sash, as it would partially remove the threat of being set up on...then again, a bunch of other things in 3 vs 3 hold sash's as well.

._.;

Not a master on Greninja but I do use one. Hyper Beam will get him killed 90% of the time. His lack of bulk makes him a glass cannon plus if you are already running Ice Beam and Dark Pulse, Hyper Beam would give him another weakness to fighting. There are going to be throwing a lot of Fighting moves your way and it only takes one to put Greninja down. Plus the immunities of the Normal Type are worthless against a Ghost (Although I am still not sure if he changes type from an immune attack). Also the coverage granted by another move in the place of Hyper Beam would more than make up for Hyper Beam's damage used in the right circumstance.

Back