Pokemon X/Y

Timid LO Hydro Pump isn't even a guaranteed OHKO after Rocks on a 0/0 Scizor. Greninja, I am disappoint.

[strike]252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Feebas: 234-277 (95.9 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO[/strike]

Edit: Cheek Pouch seems to heal around 30% of max HP. Nothing special, especially on something as frail as Dedenne.

Last edited:
Cheek Pouch is a garbage ability anyways, regardless of bulk. If used with a resist berry, you'll probably still die next turn anyways if the threat wasn't KO'd. If used with a pinch berry, the only thing 30%~ of your HP would help a sweeper with is avoiding bein' KO'd by passive damage/resisted or neutral priority. If used with a Sitrus berry and Recycle, you're still less efficient than recovery move + Lefties.

Now that you mention it, something like Yache Berry Garchomp would probably appreciate it. Not that type resist berries are commonly used in singles, but in doubles and such it seems decent.

... What would that 30% HP do for Garchomp? Let it feel more pain from the next Ice-type attack? >_>;

Resist berries aren't common in Doubles either. Even less so than Singles, I believe.

... What would that 30% HP do for Garchomp? Let it feel more pain from the next Ice-type attack? >_>;

Resist berries aren't common in Doubles either. Even less so than Singles, I believe.
I'm not much of a doubles guy. Probably VGC I'm thinking of. The item clause and 4 vs 4 style probably makes type resist berries all the more viable.

Better than Rough Skin in a lot of situations, assuming it's using a berry. Which it sometimes likes using.

To my knowledge, resist berries aren't very common in VGC either. You're thinkin' of gems. But ya are right in sayin' item clause makes them moar useful. Not everyone weak to EQ can carry an Air Balloon, etc. Not that your average VGC team would have two Pokes weak to EQ.

obvsly lul rough skin sux. Ain't that right, J?

I'm just looking at Smogon's VGC 2012 articles...for Heatran it suggests either a Shuca Berry or a Chople Berry. For Kangaskhan it suggests a Chople Berry or a Normal Gem. For Swampert it suggests Rindo or Sitrus Berry. For Vaporeon it suggests either a Water Gem, Wacan Berry, or Sitrus Berry. For Druddigon it suggests a Haban Berry, Yache Berry, or Life Orb. etc. Going by that, they seem to be fairly common.

rough skin op ban the sharks and druddigon

All'a those Pokes have only a few weaknesses, 'Khan havin' only one and Heatran 'n Swampert havin' a 4x weakness. Also, you surely recall how dominate Fighting-types are in Gen 5. Resist berries are common options many bulky Pokes can utilize, but aren't the most optimal choice too often. 'Less you've built your Vaporeon to not get 2HKO'd by Thundurus' Discharge via Wacan or somethin', they aren't the sort of item you just splash onto a Poke randomly. Hence why I don't think they're common, they're essentially anti-meta tools. With item clause outta the way in regular Doubles, they're even less common there.

Also, just for the sake of mentionin', VGC has very heavy Fake Out/Surf usage. Hence why Heatran doesn't want an Air Balloon instead'a Shuca.

Some noob said:
Clefable is better. Blissey can be KO'd in one hit with almost any move when it is at lvl 100 and has 586 health. I know from experience.

"Blissey can be KO'd in one hit with almost any move"

sigh

noobs that act like they know what they're talking about annoy me.

... Someone seriously suggested CLEFABLE is better than BLISSEY at EVERYTHING? lmfao

Also, that noob is an uber n00b for not havin' a max HP Blissey. I wouldn't be surprised if Blissey can't actually have HP that "low" and the noob's just a retard.

... Someone seriously suggested CLEFABLE is better than BLISSEY at EVERYTHING? lmfao

Also, that noob is an uber n00b for not havin' a max HP Blissey. I wouldn't be surprised if Blissey can't actually have HP that "low" and the noob's just a retard.
This post made me particularly happy for certain reasons. This was posted before Clefable got fairy-typing, which makes it even worse.

Hatched my first Shiny Pokemon today! :D It's not a Shiny I've been looking for, but it makes me feel good nonetheless.

You'll see when I use it in battle. Although I really like the normal look better than its Shiny form.

Yeah, I was breeding with a male Feebas when I got this (lol). Hopefully he said I can get it tomorrow.

EDIT: It has 4 IVs (one in the wrong stat) and one Egg move, by the way. Just got my 5 IV non-Shiny right now.

Last edited:
Back