Possible mic to chat online in a game

Waky Wii said:
I was thinking about nintendo not making a chat feature on any of their games, when I remembered the Microphone packaged with Mario Party 6 & 7.
View attachment 3609

It wouldn't be to handy having wires 'an all, but it could take ninty 1 update to make it work with the Wii.

Anyway,

Just a thought.
The wii's game ''Boogie'' comes with a microphone which works. why would you use that picture for a past console? why not the newest one. and if Boogie was online i bet it would have microphone chat or whatever so they can do Duets.

XxRed12xX said:
The solution to all this is a headset. But of course Nintendo has to be all prtective about this!

Your right. The only solution would be the headset. A mic like the one shown above, is just plain idiocy for the Wii. A headset would be the only real option.

Your right about the privacy thing as well. there are way to many pedos out there. but thats really not much of an issue. First of all, no one online would be dumb enough to fall for a pedophile's ploys that easily. Secondly, those kids who are dumb enough to fall for it, prolly their mommies wont let them on in the first place.

they wouldn't connect the headset through the wiimote. they'd connect it through the usb port in the back of the wii. it would cost too much time and money designing a mic connected to the wiimote so it can work with the nunchuck was in use as well.

just my opinion.

sup red12?:lol:

RadNad said:
That would be a bit awkward, since you have to bend over to the table and talk into the tiny mic whilst (if you are) standing up and playing a game like MOH: H2. This'll probably hurt a few backs as well.

They'll probably release a double wire thing which goes onto the Wiimote so you can plug in a nunchuk and below it could be a port for a flexy totally safe microphone.
Tape it to your face. :lol:

The Wii already works with those mics plus the usb mics that come with a couple Wii games but if Nintendo makes voice chat I give it a 99% chance they will release a blue tooth headset for the wii its cheap and easy to do with an update

lots of replys to this that i dont feel like reading, so if my view has already been stated sorry.

if nintendo WANTED wii owners to have voice chat (wich they dont, it's never going to happen, i'm sorry to tell you all this it just wont) then they would release an official wii headset instead of an update for that microphone. theres 2 reasons why
1:make money because every wii owner would buy them and they would be jsut as hard to find as the wii itself
2:how many people that own wiis do u think actually have that stupid mic? lol

but mainly money. nintendo is all about money, their a corporation of course they need to make money. (i'll admit their not as bad as microsoft though lol)

i doubt the blue tooth headset would be cheap. Every body would want that to have the ultimate online gaming experience. Nintendo woulnd't make that blue tooth headset cheap!

double post ftw!!!1!

edit:thought i double posted...lol

JAKE196 said:
I think they should enable the DS to connect to the wii and be usable for communication via the mic. Of course, The screens would be off and everything so it would use that much energy.
um..that could work..OR just maybe you could use teh DS headset through the DS itself.. lol but that wouldnt happen either, it's teh logical way to go about using the DS for voice chat though.

nintendo would make a killing on DS sales alone.

RED12:$59.99 most likly.

what I think will most likely happen is that nintendo will make a bluetooth headset and put it at the cost of $29.99 (just $15 more than the ds one) to get a lot of buyers since the wii has bluetooth 2.0 (with 1.0 compatibility) it would be useful or maybe they will have to make it coded so only wii headsets will work forcing people to use first party brands rather than their cell phone headsets.

they should make a wii headset with a censoring software, so if anyone says a bad word or proposes something inappropiate, you would just hear a beep sound :lol:

There is only 1 speaker on this. How would talk and listen from one speaker?

Back