posting and reposting

dodabird

dodabird
Sep 14, 2006
Guam
i don't understand why people make such a big fuss over reposting. i understand that people could simply use the search bar to see if similar topics have already been discussed, but does it really matter that much if they repost? i mean, if it really bothered people that much, why do they bother replying? your thoughts? please, cuz i'm really getting frustrated seeing users get mad at people who repost...

p.s. no, i'm not new. been here since september of last year.

I can understand your feelings but it seems to irritate some people to see three or four topics regarding the same issue because they may have just answered someone on that particular topic. They don't want to repeat the same answer four or five times over again.
I personally don't have any massive problems with it but others may find it annoying.

yeah, i can see why they'd get irritated as well. but do they really have to call these users out the way they do? i mean, it's almost condescending. "please use search bar before posting." like, so what if i don't?

dodabird said:
yeah, i can see why they'd get irritated as well. but do they really have to call these users out the way they do? i mean, it's almost condescending. "please use search bar before posting." like, so what if i don't?
Yeah I also hate to use phrases like that but they aren't bad people, its just thier irritation talking.

I have been on here a long time
So I have seen a few copy pasta threads

So I post a link to the thread and people tend to moan "but thats a old thread" or "time for a new thread" it slightly pissis me off

search bar is a tool, you need something, then you can use the search bar and possibly someone else had the same problem and the answer is there already. is faster to just use the search bar. people don't like to be asked the same question twice, specially if it is something common like, my internet is not working.... I just don't even bother to open it anymore, the answer is posted already.

its funny though. some of the same people that use that use the search feature are the same ones that say if you dont like a thread dont go to it, post in it, or read it. if you know its been asked b4 then why even bother posting. either answer the question, send them in the right direction. or just shut up.

But who here hates inefficiency? really?

If this was real life, would you ask a stupid question without expecting smart remarks? deal with it already.

I don't see what the big deal is asking what the big deal is over why people make a big deal over making a big deal about posting twice.

Say that five times fast. But seriously...you people who say "I just don't understand why you guys are so mean on here when we ask..." Stop getting so butt-hurt over what people say.

hanna101191 said:
hey can i have your wii code

put it in the share friendcodes here section, its on the left side of the home page.

oh yeah welcome to wiichat!

i don't see why people get so frustrated lol.... because often times the thread could be close and people are joining everyday. so they can get a chance to share there views... Nobody complains about the talk shows that keeps showing over and over again. it shouldn't be that big of a deal for people to jump on others. " use the frigging search bar" and stuff like that. Its really ridiculous especially if the person is new. Sometimes i hate people double posting especially when they do it to provoke others. But i still dont pay them any mind. But hey there are some topics that can be buried and some have to be dug up again

Last edited:
hotpotato78 said:
i don't see why people get so frustrated lol.... because often times the thread could be close and people are joing everyday. so they can get a chance to share there views... Nobody complains about the talk shows that keeps showing over and over again. it shouldn't be that big of a deal for people to jump on others. " use the frigging search bar" and stuff like that. Its really ridiculous especially if the person is knew. Sometimes i hate people double posting especially when they do it to provoke others. But i still dont pay them any mind. But hey there are some topics that can be buried and some have to be dug up again

thats my point.:D just cause you dont like it dont mean you have to be captain save a thread. its things i dont like to see either but in stead of bitching i just let it go.

Brawny said:
this topic has been posted already, use the search feature....

ha ha ha, seriously.
this is what i'm talking about. how the hell do you know that this topic has been posted already? do you take the topic of this thread, search for it yourself and see what you come up with? because if you do, my friend, you're officially a loser. all of you. every last one of you who feel it's your job to scour through threads and post those irritating messages (i.e. "this thread has been posted. please use search bar.") seem like you have nothing better to do. let people ask their questions. some people don't know the functions of a search bar, some people would like to post their own threads; either way, if it's not killing you, leave it alone.

Back