Project M Discussion Thread

Air Dash is the same in both, you can wavedash in both
and the Wavedash code has existed long before Project M

I play both the complete and the Wifi safe, and what is different in the Complete One is that the Complete one has Stage Striking and C-Stick buffering

Don't forget 'bout LR-lightpressing. Whatever the hell that is.

You can't wave dash in Wifi-safe...right?

Uh... no. You most certainly can lol.

I can explain why you never saw me wavedash. I'm just a bit of a scrub like that... They don't call me the Scrub King for nothin'. >_>;

I pretty much never wavedash 'less I'm playin' Weegee, although sometimes I'll do the uberlegithaxpromlgultimate technique of wavedash -> F-smash as Marth. It's because I wasn't a Melee player that I've yet t' properly integrate wavedashing into my playstyle.

Last edited:
I just forced myself to use it until it integrated with my playstyle :lol:

My god, I can't do it for some reason in Wifi-Safe. Well, it was a while ago when I tried, and never tried it again. e_e

I pretty much never wavedash 'less I'm playin' Weegee

His wavedash can circle the Earth. Twice.

My god, I can't do it for some reason in Wifi-Safe. Well, it was a while ago when I tried, and never tried it again. e_e

If ya tried doin' it in the middle of a match, then I blame lag. Only takes a few frames of latency t' make everythin' go to ****. :lol:

His wavedash can circle the Earth. Twice.

... So what you're sayin' is, the Flash is actually an Italian plumber who likes lots'a spaghetti?

I just forced myself to use it until it integrated with my playstyle :lol:

Only reason I don't do that is to prevent formin' bad habits. Though I probably should just do the same... I never learned t' use vBrawl Wolf's DACUS in the heat'a battle. I could do it at 9/10 times consistency, but I never instinctively did it as a punish or approach. =/

Only reason I don't do that is to prevent formin' bad habits. Though I probably should just do the same... I never learned t' use vBrawl Wolf's DACUS in the heat'a battle. I could do it at 9/10 times consistency, but I never instinctively did it as a punish or approach. =/
Well that's just too bad.
Some people freak out when Wolf charges at them while charging his Up-Smash.

Bad habits can be avoided after you learn to use it in battle. Once you learn it instinctively then you can see more options for everything and you soon begin to develop those ATs into your playstyle and those bad habits are eventually punished out of you or never develop because they are snuffed out. That is what friendlies are for, right?

Well said, bro. And speakin' of friendlies...

On the topic'a U-smashes moving at high speeds, the one thing 'bout vBrawl Falcon I miss is how his U-smash slides when used while dashin'. Would be a deadly hard-read tool in tech chases at low percents. Works like D-air as a vertical combo starter, 'cept it'l work at 0% (I think?).

Stage Striking is built in with the Complete version. It allows a person to ban stages on the stage select screen.

C-Stick buffering is buffering with your C-Stick

Did you know that the Gamecube controller's R and L button are analog?
What light press means is that you can press it lightly to activate it rather then pushing all the way down

That I did know. Hard not to after playin' Melee 'n Brawl for endless hours with a 'Cube controller.

... What I don't know, is how LR-lightpressing affects gameplay in any way.

Light pressing gives you a lighter, but bigger shield that shrinks more slowly. It can take multiple hits and stay fairly big, but strong hits like smashes can destroy it faster than it can on hard pressed shields. It's good to combat shield pressuring and bait out a smash attack. It's also faster to press lol

Back