PS3 backwards Compatibility Issue (bwahahahaha)

COLDshiver

Wii Owner
Sep 14, 2006
America
Wii Online Code
4532-8683-6668-7765
SOURCE

IGN reports that the PS3 has some backwards compatibility issues!! Hahahaha! Some menus don't show, messed up music, and the list goes one! Wiitime baby!

True, but the 360 never marketed itself as having absolute backwards-compatibility. They're basically uploading emulation software with every update for a certain list of games. The PS3 basically says that every game will work like it always has without exceptions.

Homesrfan said:
Haha.
Well, let's hope the Wii doesn't have any problems! :D Which it won't.
Shouldn't do. The Wii has a Gamecube graphics chip set (or something) that will help it emulate the Gamecube. The download titles should be fine too.

not to mention:
How are you supposed to play Guitar Hero? It was about the only good PS2 game. I know an employee at FYE, said he played it, but there were no controller ports, so no guitar hero.

I think you need a PS2 controller port to USB adapter thingy to play guitar hero. Another one up the wii has on the ps3....it offers ports for GC controllers. hehe

Scuba Kid said:
I think you need a PS2 controller port to USB adapter thingy to play guitar hero. Another one up the wii has on the ps3....it offers ports for GC controllers. hehe

oh joy just what i want to do...buy a new part so i can use my old parts. lol. plus:
ya'll are sayin the PS3 might not run PS1 or PS2 games right? lol looking at sony's track records of launch consoles it might not even run PLAY STATION 3 GAMES RIGHT!!! lol.:hand:

As noted above, games using a microphone peripheral seem to have problems.

Bwaaa, the only reason for me turning on my PS2 is to play some Singstar. Those guys at Sony are really doing a super job.

hahaha....i just saw a PS3 at Wal mart. it looks all pretty and shiny. the system also locked up and it was stuck on one frame, workers were trying to get the video playing again but the ps3 was just well, stuck!!! i know its just an isolated event but i found it ironic and amusing. I'd get one if i wanted to buy a pretty shiny box for $600 but im a simple folk who just likes to play games.

Back