PS3 is simply ahead of its time.

"Like the games on Wii? good for you! Like the games on PS3? good for you!"

Cant argue with that. I just like the games on PS period. I dont see blu-ray as a gimmick, more like a flying car. Why pay for gas when you can buy jet fuel?

But seriously, i think thanks to the PS we have the most original games in a long time. Since Sony didnt have Mario or Sonic they could make up anything they wanted, which would be so rad. Thats what i think, thats why i own a PS3, they were innovative long before nintendo.

And Shiftfallout doesnt piss me off due to the lack of knowing him.

Last edited:
Monsteroids said:
Pretty much a joke, yes. Except Shiftfallout pisses me off. N64 pwns all! Even today! Nowadays its just gimmick after gimmick: Blu-Ray, re-enactment of Beta-Max since its so stupidly expensive, you can experiene movies with high-quality at a damn movie theater for gods sake and you can play a fun game on another system. Pricks.....need some hefty media center to keep them happy. I find a computer a Wii and possibly a 360(halo3, XNAStudio, DVD(not expensive Blu-Ray)etc.) is all you need. Why two computers? thats my opinion. Like the games on Wii? good for you! Like the games on PS3? good for you!

Interesting... So I piss you off? Yeah I guess a logical response would piss you off now wouldnt it? :wink:

So blue ray is a gimmick? Then you agree that the CD was a gimmick when it first appeared, and that the DVD was a gimmick when it first appeared. Lol funneh.

The fact is, and this is a fact, that next gen gaming NEEDS more space. Games, if they want to progress, need bigger storage. It is the natural developement of progression. We have seen it in the cartriges found on the snes, to the CDs found in the Playstation, to the DVDs and now...yes to Blue Ray Disks. Thats not a gimmick son, its an expectation.

You say that hardware isnt important, but it is.

What is funny, is that you seem to think the 360 is cheaper than the PS3. Perhaps you cannot do math or understand key business tactics. You can buy a product cheap but then still have to spend more money to use it completely. So in the 360's case, you spend the price for the initial system. Then if you want wi-fi you spend more, bigger specialized HD attachment, you spend more, XBOX live? yeah you spend more. Many players will want to play online, but in order to do that you have to pay money. So get this... PLAYING online with the 360 for 4 years will cost you the price of a current PS3 which comes with FREE internet service, plus that wi-fi you would have to buy, plus that 200$ 360 attachment that allows you to play high end disks such as HD-DVD/Blue-ray. If you understood business practices, you would notice that they sell cheap to get more income from all the additional costly things you need. The PS3 is just one price. They both take different approaches, but dont tell me the 360 is cheaper than the PS3 because its not.

I also like how you tell us "all we need" which translates to you saying that we do not need anything new. Meaning, we do not need anything past the original nes. No, you seem to be hypocritical, but thats fine with me. You tell people to enjoy the systems they want to enjoy, but then start saying that people dont need anythign new, or another system since we should all be happy with computers. Adding, that the N64 owns all. Ironic. mmm you are a... *snaps fingers* hypocrite.

The fact is, a PC is a PC and it does not have the specialization of a console and vice versa. Having a PS3 is not like having another PC, having a wii is not like having another PC, and having a 360 is not like having another PC.

My personal opinion is that you need to shut up for once and read what you type, but hey thats just my opinion. :wink:

Last edited:
^Thats why i own a PS3^ Right there^No one can deny that^ Plus the things i said combined make this topic suicide to post "reasons why the PS3 is bad"

Last edited:
*yawn* Screw y'all! I don't give a crap if the PS3 takes over the world. What I care about is that Shiftfallout is an ass, lording his logic over you. Whatever, I don't own a PS3 and just, whatever, if people like the Wii then thats awesome and they're on the right forum. Good for you Wii owners! As for PS3 owners the Xbox360 is worth it XNA XNA!!! HALO3 HALO3!! I hate killzone. I've detahed myself from Square enix and Matal gear is ok. No real reason for me to own or want a PS3 is there now?

Last edited:
I don't get this whole demonisation of Nintendo Fanboys. They're neither better nor worse than Sony or Xbox fanboys. The only difference is that some Nintendo Fanboys could be younger. But so what, half the people who I see buying the Playstation as a brand are teenagers. Xbox 360 users? Don't see very many of them around. Hear about them on this site, but in the end, they're just as valid to their opinions as Nintendo Fanboys or Sony Fanboys.

But please, can we just get past this "pwned" crap. Yes, you may have logical statements, yes you may know a fair amount about hardware or buisness, but that doesn't mean you can't speak to people like you're not an arrogant tw*t. Debating is fine, but to put someone down whilst debating, in order to try to make them less credible is not going to help. It's why this "fanboy" thing has never been shut down - people cannot end a debate or arguement decently, as such just earn the label of "arrogant Sony fanboy" or "illogical Nintendo fanboy" (not describing any specific people, but those are the labels given to 'fanboys' from each side).

I mean, would it hurt to talk to people with a little less condescending attitude? This has been said to be one of the friendlier forums, and sometimes I have to wonder why..

Last edited:
Me too but im only saying, to be fair, "Dont talk about a system that you dont have." A lot of this about the PS3 and why it shouldnt have so much and should be cheaper is coming from people who dont even have the thing. I will talk about my dislikes of the Wii as well as the PS3 and 360 cause i own them all. If i did not have the Wii or 360 i wouldnt say anything bad about them. Those are the "Fanboys" im talking about. They just hear something then act like they own one and pretend like it affects them somehow, in reality it does not and they have never even seen one. Im not saying everyone who grips is a fanboy, only if you grip about something you know nothing about.

Sorry about the confusion, did that clear up my statment?

GamerCon said:
Me too but im only saying, to be fair, "Dont talk about a system that you dont have." A lot of this about the PS3 and why it shouldnt have so much and should be cheaper is coming from people who dont even have the thing. I will talk about my dislikes of the Wii as well as the PS3 and 360 cause i own them all. If i did not have the Wii or 360 i wouldnt say anything bad about them. Those are the "Fanboys" im talking about. They just hear something then act like they own one and pretend like it affects them somehow, in reality it does not and they have never even seen one. Im not saying everyone who grips is a fanboy, only if you grip about something you know nothing about.

Sorry about the confusion, did that clear up my statment?
Fair enough, but my statement still stands for others as well. (I'll delete the quote part to make it explicit that it's for everyone).

I usually find that there's a fair few people on this site that would stand up for the PS3 or 360, and I think we do have a balance (to a certain extent) of people who do not like the PS3 and the ones that do. I just feel as though the community here could benefit from less hostilities. Surely it's not neccessary to include words like "idiot" or "retarded" every post. Sentences like "you must be an idiot if you can't see that..." or "...which you would know if you weren't such a retard" are simply not helping, and only goes to get people's backs up. Who would seriously go "okay, I see what you're saying and I agree with..." if they're calling you a retard at the same time?

Also people spouting "facts" has been done before. The legacy of Wii&PS3 is all about supposed "facts". Facts are statements which are indesputably true. Interpretations of those facts are what people seem to get confused about.

I also feel that a balenced arguement is neccessary. Saying that either "Wii is crap" or "PS3 is crap" is not enough, for either side. Giving reasons why it would appeal or repel you is better. But of course, what is even better is when people go through the process of giving out both sides, tallying up the worth of each point. Some of the better pieces of writing are critical of itself. For example, when one person says "Wii is not Next Gen", they should go on to say whyat they mean by "next-gen" and what the worth of being "next gen" is, and then say about how the system could be seen as next gen, along.

Anyway, /rant

Your sig is creepy and i totaly agree with you.

I was looking through this section and saw there werent many legit topics. Seems like all the PS owners do here is defend their system and dont really get to talk about it in casual. Maybe it was an inside joke when this forum was made or it just happens to be that Sony is Nintendo's anti-christ, i dunno.

I really just want to talk about the games and the system without having some "Fanboy" come in and start spewing garbage. If every thread thats made turns into a, as shiftfallout has pointed out, 300 scene, its not going to be very fun.

I cant even say anything about the PS3 cause ive already said all there is to say and i dont like to repeat myself. Shift has said the same thing quite a bit but seems no one listens.

So im done debating as there really is nothing left to say, just post a link to another thread where someone said the same thing and the answer will be there.

As long as i dont feel like "Whats the point" and people who dont like the PS just say "I dont like it" i wont try to change their mind.

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
Your sig is creepy and i totaly agree with you.
Hehe. I was told my sig was hypnotising... I was thinking of changing my avatar to something better...

I was looking through this section and saw there werent many legit topics. Seems like all the PS owners do here is defend their system and dont really get to talk about it in casual. Maybe it was an inside joke when this forum was made or it just happens to be that Sony is Nintendo's anti-christ, i dunno.

I really just want to talk about the games and the system without having some "Fanboy" come in and start spewing garbage. If every thread thats made turns into a, as shiftfallout has pointed out, 300 scene, its not going to be very fun.
True. Though there is the sister site to this: PS3chat. We do sometimes find people who hate the Wii on here, and all they're doing is in essence, flamebaiting in what they consider their "territory" because it's the PS3 section. Interestingly, I visited PS3chat, and saw that nobody was doing the same thing there (might be because it's not as big a community as this one). I just get fed up with some (not naming names) people coming on Wiichat without that initial connection to the community.

I cant even say anything about the PS3 cause ive already said all there is to say and i dont like to repeat myself. Shift has said the same thing quite a bit but seems no one listens.
I don't think it's that noone listens. I think it's a mixture of delivery (Shiftfallout can be condescending and often doesn't get his point across because of it) and the fact that nobody really wants to flesh out details on why they think things. Admittidly, I've had a run in with Shiftfallout about the PS3 price, and that didn't really seem to go anywhere, but I also feel as though that was more of a matter of 2 masculine sides with neither admitting defeat (well, the debate sometimes did carry on after the end, but you'd have to read the posts to get the whole story).

So im done debating as there really is none left to do, just post a link to another thread where someone said the same thing and the answer will be there.
Absolutely, no point in going over old ground. I do sometimes think that some threads should just die, especially if they're going nowhere. Though it's good to recheck old threads sometimes, as often,. things spiral off-topic.

As long as i dont feel like "Whats the point" and people who dont like the PS just say "I dont like it" i wont try to change their mind.
Fair enough. Most people on here have either made their minds up already, or prefer to base opinions on technical aspects of the consoles. (the odd few though, have asked how good another console is, or whether they should sell up and get another console). In the end though, I think this is more of a place to vent than to actually discuss (most of the time anyway). The other half is that arguing aspect. People generally try to pick fights with others. Funny how very few of them end up "winning", and even when they do, they only win a rival or enemy. Heck, there's even a thread somewhere around asking "whose your enemy?".

Im to tired to witty a reply, i thought i had a good one too. So ill say 'we need some more bonding time. Bond, James bond.' Good night and i think your avy needs more squall, or less wind.

Spoons.

None of this thread has really mattered. You can argue 360 vs PS3, HD DVD vs Blu-Ray till your Blu in the face...gettit? The simple fact of the matter is that neither format is doing well compared to the continuing rise in DVD sales. DVDs are outselling BD at something like 1,000,000:1 and as far as I'm concerned, there isn't a big enough market for either format to do really well. For the average person, DVD is good enough at the moment and until there are some serious price cuts in terms of HD format players, it will stay that way.

As for the whole 360 vs PS3 in terms of hardware thing, the two are very close with the 360 undeniably sporting a better GPU and the PS3 wielding a better CPU. End of.

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
Just dont get Nintendo fanboy on me and we'll be fine ;)

Naw, I won't I own a PS2 and love it! :)
For some reason the PS3 just rubs me the wrong way. I wonder why?:confused:

Callmege said:
Spoons.

None of this thread has really mattered. You can argue 360 vs PS3, HD DVD vs Blu-Ray till your Blu in the fact...gettit? The simple fact of the matter is that neither format is doing well compared to the continuing rise in DVD sales. DVDs are outselling BD at something like 1,000,000:1 and as far as I'm concerned, there isn't a big enough market for either format to do really well. For the average person, DVD is good enough at the moment and until there are some serious price cuts in terms of HD format players, it will stay that way.

As for the whole 360 vs PS3 in terms of hardware thing, the two are very close with the 360 undeniably sporting a better GPU and the PS3 wielding a better CPU. End of.

agreed I s'pose.

Back