PS3 is simply ahead of its time.

wow i cant believe people are still arguing over this... i cant say im impressed with the PS3 right now but i cant wait GT5 -drools- but i wasnt much impressed with ps2 at first but that changed over time im sure we will be seeing some impressive **** with ps3. i know in GT4 they didnt add damage because of the ps2 couldnt handle it and GT4 was awesome on ps2.

but i dont think its fair to say that the wii is gamecube 2 or whatever... they are very different im not in denial or anything i knew what i paid for when i got the wii i wasnt expecting jack me off graphics or hardware but something new...

im not a fan boy for any system i love em all games are games to me.

with the new firmware update for ps3 what they change?

JeremyGTS said:
but i dont think its fair to say that the wii is gamecube 2 or whatever... they are very different im not in denial or anything i knew what i paid for when i got the wii i wasnt expecting jack me off graphics or hardware but something new...

To be fair, without the wiimote, it is the gamecube2. Think about it, the gamecube back in 2001 had what? 500mhz cpu... ok now what does the wii have so many years later? a 700hmz cpu. Thats barely a change at all. In fact we are in the age of ghz now and have been for quite some time. Gamecube could only go up to 480p, and the Wii cant go past it either. Compared to the gamecube the wii's GPU is 1.5 faster. Big improvement? no.

If you compare the xbox1 to the wii, you would find that the old xbox had a faster cpu and some identical graphical capabilities. Both the xbox360 and ps3 have actually made "progression" over those 5 years. The Wii has not. It uses a gimick controller to sell the product and over abused franchised characters. I am not saying the wiimote is bad, i love it, but its still a gimick to sell a product that should have been released back in 2000, not 2006.

with the new firmware update for ps3 what they change?

Should be a thread already about it here in this section. Its a nice update.

my $0.02 for what its worth.

i do like the PS3 but am not prepared to buy one for a few reasons.
the main ones being the price, thats obvious. and another major one being the fact that blu-ray could easily be forgotten about due to its expense and the fact its not much better than HDDVD, and at that point what do u have left? an xbox 360 with slightly better graphics.

i agree with what someone said earlier in this topic "blu-ray isnt a failure, its a gamble" well sony can take that gamble if they want but im not prepared to gamble $600 on a system that could quite possibly have a short, five year lifespan despite the 10 year expectancy.

so untill sony can drop the price, wich is hopefully in the next two years assuming blu-ray drops, or blu-ray becomes more used im not going to buy a PS3.

I really cant see blue ray being beaten by hd-dvd. It holds so much more and has more backing from known companies like apple and disney.

SensesFail said:
blu-ray could easily be forgotten about due to its expense and the fact its not much better than HDDVD, and at that point what do u have left? an xbox 360 with slightly better graphics.
Well, no and no. Even without the Blu-Ray which people seem to think is the defining feature on the PS3, its not. Even if it had a DVD drive instead, it would still be better than a 360. The 360 was release a year ahead of its competitors, giving it less than average hardware. Not only was Microsoft going for a quick release reguardless of it limiting its capabilities, they knew due to the hype it would still sell like hot cakes. They wanted to use HD-DVD's but didnt, which anyone in the biz would know will ruin a format. Sony has taken gambles, they know whats ready to come out and whats not. If Microsoft had released HD-DVD's with the 360, Blu-Ray wouldnt have any chance.

People even said the DVD drive in the PS2 would be its downfall but they needed a bigger format, it then became a must for games. Blu-Ray isnt just a format they want to push for movies, they also want it to be a gaming must. As is developers are needing it. The average PS3 game would need 2 DVD disc's, soon they will be useing at least 4. Why continue to use a format that would only be a burden? Even with HD-DVD they would still need to use 2 disc's, max is 30gig's so if they made a 40gig game, HD-DVD is now an obsolite format. BDrom's will still only need one disc.

The hardware is out of date when you compare to a PC, but in the world of games its really the future. The next Xbox720, i dunno, will use BDroms. It will also use probably what is PS3 standard, built in WiFi, memory stick slots, HDMI. So if Sony has brought us what will be other next gen, how is the PS3 not going to last?

Yup, they arent even sure the HD-DVD format will win.

Sony is standing their ground and not doubting their choices.

Blue Ray holds more data, but also takes longer to load. The glorious PS3 is riddled with loading screens they promised us at E3 would be a thing of the past.

They already have processors, and 3d cards that far surpass the PS3, and it's not even a year old. So what if you make a mad rush to the best technology. Wait a year, and you'll be blown away... again! The PS3 is not ahead of it's time in any department. Not even price. Neo Geo.

sagema said:
Blue Ray holds more data, but also takes longer to load. The glorious PS3 is riddled with loading screens they promised us at E3 would be a thing of the past.

They already have processors, and 3d cards that far surpass the PS3, and it's not even a year old. So what if you make a mad rush to the best technology. Wait a year, and you'll be blown away... again! The PS3 is not ahead of it's time in any department. Not even price. Neo Geo.

riddled with loading screens? LOL. Dude, my ps3 takes as long as my PS2 to load, which is just as long as it takes my 360 to load. OOOoooh you know, if you OWNED a ps3 you might know this. It has more data and can read quite a bit within one rotation.

As for the Graphics cards and CPUs, the PC will always be ahead of the console market. This has ALWAYS been the case. The Wii is still stuck at 700mhz, at least teh 360 and ps3 are up in the 3gigahertz. Nice try sagema, but you will never be able to successfully put down the ps3 here. Why? because you need reasonable excuses and you have none.

WHO GIVES A DAMN 'BOUT HARDWARE, I SAY WHOEVERS WITH ME SHOULD DITCH THESE UPTIGHT PRICKS(yup don't deny it!)AND JUST HAVE FUN ON OUR RESPECTIVE SYSTEMS! THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO'VE BEEN OFFENDED BY PEOPLE CALLING THEIR SYSTEM CRAP!!! DON'T FIGHT 'EM! YOU GOT YOUR SYSTEM FOR YOU NOT THEM SO PLAY AND EITHER STOP SPAMMING THAT YOURS IS BETTER OR STOP DEFENDING YOURSELF AGAINST NOTHING! If you return your Wii for a PS3 or vice-versa that BETTER BE BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'D HAVE MORE FUUUN! Sorry but these threads piss me off, I'll go and let you continue your d u m b s q u a b b l i n g while I have fun on my system. :lol:

Monsteroids said:
I will bwahahahahhaha!!!!:devil:

Sorry but hardware IS important. It IS what limits what the gameplay allows and the freedom the developers have upon the games they create. There is nothing wrong with saying a system is crap based on FACTs but it is wrong to say the System should fail because of that. I can prove the Wii is crap but it does not deserve to fail nor does it deserve the hate. Neither does the PS3.

Monsteroids said:
WHO GIVES A DAMN 'BOUT HARDWARE, I SAY WHOEVERS WITH ME SHOULD DITCH THESE UPTIGHT PRICKS(yup don't deny it!)AND JUST HAVE FUN ON OUR RESPECTIVE SYSTEMS! THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO'VE BEEN OFFENDED BY PEOPLE CALLING THEIR SYSTEM CRAP!!! DON'T FIGHT 'EM! YOU GOT YOUR SYSTEM FOR YOU NOT THEM SO PLAY AND EITHER STOP SPAMMING THAT YOURS IS BETTER OR STOP DEFENDING YOURSELF AGAINST NOTHING! If you return your Wii for a PS3 or vice-versa that BETTER BE BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'D HAVE MORE FUUUN! Sorry but these threads piss me off, I'll go and let you continue your d u m b s q u a b b l i n g while I have fun on my system. :lol:
I thought that was a joke. Wasnt it?

Pretty much a joke, yes. Except Shiftfallout pisses me off. N64 pwns all! Even today! Nowadays its just gimmick after gimmick: Blu-Ray, re-enactment of Beta-Max since its so stupidly expensive, you can experiene movies with high-quality at a damn movie theater for gods sake and you can play a fun game on another system. Pricks.....need some hefty media center to keep them happy. I find a computer a Wii and possibly a 360(halo3, XNAStudio, DVD(not expensive Blu-Ray)etc.) is all you need. Why two computers? thats my opinion. Like the games on Wii? good for you! Like the games on PS3? good for you!

Last edited:
Back