PS3 launches in Australia today

Oceanic

The Cake is a Lie
Jan 4, 2007
Australia
At the official launch in Sydney, only 40 people, yes, 40, turned up to purchase their PS3 at the midnight launch. Many reporters were left with no great stories to write or pictures taken as to the "buzz" and "excitement" that the PS3 has brought to Australia.
The first person in Australia to purchase a PS3 turned up at only 9pm to find no line at all. Looks like the PS3 ain't going to do so well in Australia either.

To be fair, it's only been a day so we really can't say much yet. But I thought Australia and New Zealand are supposed to be the land of the Sony fanboys (no offense but Sony sells there) so perhaps this isn't much of a good sign.

Very interesting....I remember how the US launch was and random idiots were pushing each other aside to get a PS3. Not to mention the shooting that occured somewhere. All for a piece of sh*t console that still hasn't lived up to its hype.

No big surprise...the price is higher overseas, bc issues, the hype has died down, no ebay profits, but more importantly, it's lacking in quality games (especially important ps2 sequels, but their coming...maybe just not exclusive...).

I wouldn't say the system is a pos... it just doesn't have as much potential as the ps2 did in the gaming department (this coming from a huge ps2 fan). By 2008 I plan to own either a ps3 or a 360 in addition to my wii, but that will depend where the rpg's go... and so far, it seems like the 360 is taking a step in the right direction.

40 people ha that's funny.
I'm waiting for the PS3 story to come on Seven's Brisbane news. I'm sure it'll be a great laugh.

Back