PS3 or iPhone

paintba||er said:

I thought the same thing about the screen, but from what I read they replaced the plastic it used to have with scratch resistance glass. I've been reading reviews and stuff and everyone says that it smudges very easily but that wipes off easy and it doesn't scratch easily. Why would you not activate it anyway? You have to be retarded to buy a phone and not activate it...

People are already complaining to apple about how the screen got scratched up in their pockets...

I mean come on.... where does apple expect us to put a cell phone?

Daveman said:
The iPhone is another soon to be milked product from apple. Expect plenty of new versions... pfft... probably even this year.
The PS3 (IMO) isnt much better, rather have a Wii60, but still better than the iPhone

nah i doubt it, it's not even going to in asia for like another year and half

Ok, I just wanted to make this point.

Everyone who said PS3 gave legitimate reasons as to why they would prefer a PS3 or as to why they think the iPhone is a substandard piece of hardware. BluRay, the iPhone just being a phone with features tacked on, whatever. Legitimate reasons.

Everyone who said iPhone spit out the same thing Apple tells them to spit out. And they use the word "my" a lot. Like, "My iPhone can do whatever I want", acting like the iPhone is just as unique as you. Yes, just as unique as you, the doltish Apple customer who feels that Apple just knows how the youth feels. The iPhone is a deceptive technique in order to think that, if you're cool, you need to have one. Just like every Apple product!

Daveman said:
No link, just a few rich ass buddies i talked to
Sounds like bullshit. You can look at the link I gave where they take keys to it and drop it onto concrete. It doesn't even have a scratch on the screen at the end. I'm going to wait for a HDD based iPhone that I can fit all my music on before I get one. I might check out the OpenMoko too as it looks awesome and I love Linux almost as much as OS X.

My god the Wii owns... said:
Ok, I just wanted to make this point.

Everyone who said PS3 gave legitimate reasons as to why they would prefer a PS3 or as to why they think the iPhone is a substandard piece of hardware. BluRay, the iPhone just being a phone with features tacked on, whatever. Legitimate reasons.

Everyone who said iPhone spit out the same thing Apple tells them to spit out. And they use the word "my" a lot. Like, "My iPhone can do whatever I want", acting like the iPhone is just as unique as you. Yes, just as unique as you, the doltish Apple customer who feels that Apple just knows how the youth feels. The iPhone is a deceptive technique in order to think that, if you're cool, you need to have one. Just like every Apple product!

really i kinda thought the opposite of that, i mean didn't someone post "yo it's jsut a phone get the ps3"

allthough gamercon said a couple decent reasons, i feel like the convenience of the iphone would be worth the 600 dollars, i am not an apple maniac, my cellphone costs 400 dollars and iti dosn't have that much room and i'm guessing the iphone has better internet surfing......and it might get annoying after a while but my phone has such small buttons, i would really perfer to touch the screen,

paintba||er said:

Sounds like bullshit. You can look at the link I gave where they take keys to it and drop it onto concrete. It doesn't even have a scratch on the screen at the end. I'm going to wait for a HDD based iPhone that I can fit all my music on before I get one. I might check out the OpenMoko too as it looks awesome and I love Linux almost as much as OS X.

Wow umm okay. Im not trying to fight here but my bud put his iphone in his pocket with headphones wrapped around it. Have you ever rubbed those things against that kind of plastic? It makes an incredably thick irremovable smudge that is far worse looking than scratches. I couldnt stop laughing at how pissed he was.

Oh and man, you gotta learn that sometimes the consumer knows more than the reviewer. What i mean by this is that someone who has it and carries it with them all the time is going to supply you with better info than someone whos job is to f*ck with it for a day

mushroomedmario said:
really i kinda thought the opposite of that, i mean didn't someone post "yo it's jsut a phone get the ps3"

allthough gamercon said a couple decent reasons, i feel like the convenience of the iphone would be worth the 600 dollars, i am not an apple maniac, my cellphone costs 400 dollars and iti dosn't have that much room and i'm guessing the iphone has better internet surfing......and it might get annoying after a while but my phone has such small buttons, i would really perfer to touch the screen,

Well, you thought wrong. Look again.

And the convenience? Yes, okay. THE IPHONE IS CONVENIENT EVERYONE! WOOOOOHOO! IT'S PORTABLE! YEA, YOU HEARD ME! THIS THING IS POR-TA-BULL! Tell me, please, do you live in a house? Do you have access to a computer? Unless you don't have access to a computer, the iPhone is a complete waste. "BUT IT FITS IN MY POCKET, MY_GOD_THE _WII_OWNS!". Yes! Yes, it does! But why do you need something that fits in your pocket when you have a nice big screen and perfectly capable computer sitting right next to you? "BUT I NEED IT FOR WHEN I'M NOT AT THE COMPUTER!" Ooooh, of course. Right, right. Like uh...like...like that car ride you're taking in a few weeks. Wooh. 45 minutes man, that would be KILLER without your handy dandy iPhone.
Have fun with the iPhone, by the way. It, unlike your computer apparently, has internet access.

My god the Wii owns... said:
Well, you thought wrong. Look again.

And the convenience? Yes, okay. THE IPHONE IS CONVENIENT EVERYONE! WOOOOOHOO! IT'S PORTABLE! YEA, YOU HEARD ME! THIS THING IS POR-TA-BULL! Tell me, please, do you live in a house? Do you have access to a computer? Unless you don't have access to a computer, the iPhone is a complete waste. "BUT IT FITS IN MY POCKET, MY_GOD_THE _WII_OWNS!". Yes! Yes, it does! But why do you need something that fits in your pocket when you have a nice big screen and perfectly capable computer sitting right next to you? "BUT I NEED IT FOR WHEN I'M NOT AT THE COMPUTER!" Ooooh, of course. Right, right. Like uh...like...like that car ride you're taking in a few weeks. Wooh. 45 minutes man, that would be KILLER without your handy dandy iPhone.
Have fun with the iPhone, by the way. It, unlike your computer apparently, has internet access.

QFT! Also, id rather get the oldschool blackberry instead of this

mushroomedmario said:
no cause the reviewer knows these stuff as a living

Is this a serious post? ......... Im not even going to comment... sigh...

wow that was one of the most close-mionded posts i have ever read

i never ever listen to music at home
i am never at home, i bike across town all the time, i use my ipod, when i bike, and when i'm at school during classes and when i work out, wha'ts the point of a cellphone when your at home and have a homephone(unless your living in student housing)

edit: lol nah that post wasn't completly serious, i was laughing in the inside when i posted it

i think 'my god the wii owns' never leaves his house

Last edited:
I guess you could call me a little country. I would never pay $600 for a phone. Honestly though...I would never pay $600 for a video game console. If I had to choose I'd get the PS3.

I want to see someone try to scratch it with keys. If i got one, i wouldnt only cause its $600. I would have to see someone do it to believe it.

Back