PS3/Xbox 360, might buy one of the two, help...

paintba||er said:

Why is it retarded? People always look at the immediate price, but not what it will cost in the end.

About the OSs, it is just personal preference. I have a PC right under my Mac, but I rarely turn it on, and when I do I boot into Linux. (which is excellent) I just can't stand Windows and all its viruses. XP isn't too bad, but Vista is just ****. I put Vista on a partition of my PC and I removed it two weeks later. Anyway, enough of this, I'm off to watch E3.

I love how you justify why you don't like Windows with viruses, then you say XP isn't too bad but Vista is ****?

XP is the virus infested POS. I have had Vista since launch and never even had a slight trojan.

And Macs are fine if you do nothing but chat and browse.

And sherwood I gurantee if you get a PS3 you will regret it. You DEFINITELY want to get a 360. Whoever said PS3s are for RPG's are totally FOS.

Reasons to get 360:

1) Badass accessories.
2) Xbox Live is far better than anything Sony will ever have. And when it is integrated as Windows Live it will be even better gaming with people on PCs.
3) Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect. And that is just a tiny number of the amazing games coming for the 360.

Last edited:
Assassin's Creed was apparantly a disappointment at Microsoft E3... Was looking forward to it :( Hope it actually turns out to be good...

sherwood3570 said:
I already own a regular Xbox...so that rules out playing older games. The only thing thats stopping me is the price tag and the "somewhat" not as good library compared to Microsoft, alongside the fact that I trust Microsoft and am a lot familiar with their products. The 360 is a two year running machine almost and has had the time to work out bugs and what not. The PS3 just came out and has to have time to stretch it's legs. I don't want to get screwed, you know?
You really think the PS3 has more bugs than the 360?

@Vagrant: I could argue all day about OSs, but that isn't what this thread is about so I'm going to try and stay on topic.

no, not really. i figure that the xbox has a stance of some sort though. idk lol, i guess i cant back that up.

paintba||er said:

Obviously, since the 360 has been out for so much longer. But if you compare what the 360 had at this point in its life, the PS3 kicks its ass.

We'll see about that...I'd go with the 360 now and PS3 later though. You'll be better off.

I don't know of any 360 bugs.

Wow paintballer actually said the ps3 sales now compared to the 360s after this long...the ps3 kicks it's ass?

Didn't the 360 sell like 10 million by year one?

vagrant said:
I don't know of any 360 bugs.

Wow paintballer actually said the ps3 sales now compared to the 360s after this long...the ps3 kicks it's ass?

Didn't the 360 sell like 10 million by year one?
Oh, no bugs, they just all die....I wasn't talking about sales, I was talking about the games, but the sales are pretty even too. Look at this chart, the PS3 and 360 are very close. I don't really care what happens with this generations console wars, since I have all three consoles, but my prediction is that if you want great gaming right now then get a 360 because it is obviously the best console as of now, but if you want even more fun in the future get a PS3. Again, this is just a prediction.

paintba||er said:

Oh, no bugs, they just all die....I wasn't talking about sales, I was talking about the games, but the sales are pretty even too. Look at this chart, the PS3 and 360 are very close. I don't really care what happens with this generations console wars, since I have all three consoles, but my prediction is that if you want great gaming right now then get a 360 because it is obviously the best console as of now, but if you want even more fun in the future get a PS3. Again, this is just a prediction.

So you admit there are no bugs. Good.

And did you miss the recent story about how they are officially going to the 65nm chips now?

why do we argue so much.

vagrant said:
So you admit there are no bugs. Good.

And did you miss the recent story about how they are officially going to the 65nm chips now?

why do we argue so much.
We heard that they are going to use 65nm chips a long time ago, but it still hasn't happened, and if they weren't such greedy bastards they would have took some time to fix the problems instead of rushing to release it before everyone else. We argue because you are stupid.

That sentence is a fragment.
You started a sentence with and.
why do we argue so much.
You didn't capitalize the first letter and you put the wrong punctuation.
That shows how stupid you are. LOL JK :smilewinkgrin:

1) They just recently announced FOR A FACT the new chips are going to be used. They even said the name although I am too lazy to look it up again.

2) It's a forum, people speak in fragments on a forum. This isn't your 5th grade english class.

3) "many people believe they should not start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction because their grammar teachers in grade school discouraged them from doing so. Yet such a rule is completely unjustifiable. When grammar teachers teach youngsters the essentials of sentence structure, they most likely explain that coordinating conjunctions are used to hold together elements within a sentence. Therefore, they may discourage students from starting sentences with coordinating conjunctions because they are trying not only to explain conjunctions but also to help their students learn to avoid sentence fragment."

It is proper English to begin a sentence with "And."

4) I don't think someone who has every post done in Magenta should be pointing out words that aren't capitalized.

vagrant said:
1) They just recently announced FOR A FACT the new chips are going to be used. They even said the name although I am too lazy to look it up again.

2) It's a forum, people speak in fragments on a forum. This isn't your 5th grade english class.

3) "many people believe they should not start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction because their grammar teachers in grade school discouraged them from doing so. Yet such a rule is completely unjustifiable. When grammar teachers teach youngsters the essentials of sentence structure, they most likely explain that coordinating conjunctions are used to hold together elements within a sentence. Therefore, they may discourage students from starting sentences with coordinating conjunctions because they are trying not only to explain conjunctions but also to help their students learn to avoid sentence fragment."

It is proper English to begin a sentence with "And."

4) I don't think someone who has every post done in Magenta should be pointing out words that aren't capitalized.
Haha

1. It was a joke.

2. What does my font color have to do with capitalization?

Threads gone off topic

If he wants RPGs get a PS2 (not 3 because it dosent play a lot of good 2games) and get a 360

Back