PS3/Xbox 360, might buy one of the two, help...

Yeah...^

If I plan on buying one...I better buy one soon before those are removed. What do they let us do anyways???

BTW, where the hell is this lifetime warranty from Sam's Club??

Last edited:
vagrant said:
Actually I just noticed you are a Mac fan...so that pretty much explains your ability to think logically.

LMAO... how true...

---

I've got a 360.... it's cool...

i've seen the PS3 it's cool

you mentioned money... 360 is cheaper... (you don't need any of the ad on crap... $20 for the plug and charge? mine was £4 ($8)

er... Shooters are great for 360 ^^

RPG are cool for 360 too... (not a big fan myself) - Fable 2 coming out... it's the only 'RPG' i can stand.

Plus we get Bioshock ^^ - yay

paintba||er said:

So, you don't use Live?
Anyway, they are both excellent choices and you will probably be happy no matter which way you go.

no... not yet... ($100 for wi-fi? again... i'll only be paying £40 for mine... ($80))

I've got lots of work to do... i've not had much time to play games for a couple of weeks... that's the price of higher eduction... =/

waiting for the holidays

vagrant said:
BUY A 360 YOU DIRTY POS.

BIOSHOCK + Blue Dragon.

=/ it's strange really... all people ever talk about is Halo 3 and Gears...

^^ i'm looking more forward to Bioshock, RE5 and Fable 2 than smeggin' Halo 3

played one Halo played 'em all.

Assassins cread
Since Tenchu z is allready out and I like a good sneek-em-up (MGS isnt a true one)

the_flood502 said:
=/ it's strange really... all people ever talk about is Halo 3 and Gears...

^^ i'm looking more forward to Bioshock, RE5 and Fable 2 than smeggin' Halo 3

played one Halo played 'em all.

I could give a **** less about halo. Never been a big fan of deathmatche FPS anyways.

to be honest, in terms of hardware, its whether you wanna pay now or pay later.

the ps3 comes with everything, right out of the box.

the 360 is cheaper, but it doesnt come with all the things that a system needs.
i.e. wifi adapter: $100, HD-DVD drive (very much optional, but if you want to watch "nexgen" movies, you kinda need it) $200, if you want online for five years, that's another $250

i like the ps3 better, and the library is getting very good very fast.

for the record, i dont own either... but im thinking about getting a ps3.

XwiimasturX said:
to be honest, in terms of hardware, its whether you wanna pay now or pay later.

the ps3 comes with everything, right out of the box.

the 360 is cheaper, but it doesnt come with all the things that a system needs.
i.e. wifi adapter: $100, HD-DVD drive (very much optional, but if you want to watch "nexgen" movies, you kinda need it) $200, if you want online for five years, that's another $250

i like the ps3 better, and the library is getting very good very fast.

for the record, i dont own either... but im thinking about getting a ps3.

Also don't be fooled, in the end, the 360s the grill.:yesnod:

paintba||er said:

The PS3 would probably have more RPGs.

The 360 has tons of FPS, though not much of anything else.

The 360 has very good online, but the PS3's is pretty good too.

The PS3 is much better if you want to play old games, since you have all the PS1 and PS2 games and almost all of them work if you get one now before they start taking out the Emotion Engine. The Xbox doesn't have as good of a game selection and the 360 just has shitty software emulation so a lot of games won't work or will have problems.

Do looks really matter?

No the 360 doesn't have a browser. The PS3's is ok, but the Wii's is much better just because of the Wiimote. That is unless you use a mouse on the PS3.

Unfortunately no, but it may be added in a future firmware update.

360 has some good RPGs coming out, or ones for 360 and PS3, such as Eternal Sonata, Fallout 3, Oblivion (already out), and Blue Dragon. PS3 probably will get more in the future, but so far the ones out are mostly out on the 360 too. oh, and mass effect which is a rpg getting tonsss of hype.

youre second statement is...wtf??...which is rare. with all the RPGs i named just for 360, how could it not have much of anything else? it has gears of war, dead rising, all the major sport franchises, skate/tony hawk, oblivion, lost planet, overlord, too human, mass effect, lost cause, GTA, devil may cry, ace combat, viva pinata, have i made my point yet? there are plenty of FPSs too, but i think the "xbox is just about FPSs" comes from its main title, which is Halo.

paintba||er said:

Obviously, since the 360 has been out for so much longer. But if you compare what the 360 had at this point in its life, the PS3 kicks its ass.

The PS3 is much cheaper once you add everything in.

• Xbox 360 Elite - $480
  • HD DVD Drive - $200
  • Play & Charge - $20
  • Wifi Adapter - $100
  • Xbox Live - $250 (assuming you own the console for five years)
    [*]Total - $1050

• PS3 - $500
  • HDMI - $5
    [*]Total - $505

Now, you probably wouldn't need all of those things, but that is how much it would be to get them equally equipped. The 360 setup like that would have a bigger HDD, though the PS3's can be changed easily.

As for the pic about Sony copying ****, that shouldn't matter to you unless you work for Nintendo or you are a fanboy. It just makes the end product better for us.
with the pricing you make an excellent point, with the 360 you get choice.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
360 has some good RPGs coming out, or ones for 360 and PS3, such as Eternal Sonata, Fallout 3, Oblivion (already out), and Blue Dragon. PS3 probably will get more in the future, but so far the ones out are mostly out on the 360 too. oh, and mass effect which is a rpg getting tonsss of hype.

youre second statement is...wtf??...which is rare. with all the RPGs i named just for 360, how could it not have much of anything else? it has gears of war, dead rising, all the major sport franchises, skate/tony hawk, oblivion, lost planet, overlord, too human, mass effect, lost cause, GTA, devil may cry, ace combat, viva pinata, have i made my point yet? there are plenty of FPSs too, but i think the "xbox is just about FPSs" comes from its main title, which is Halo.

with the pricing you make an excellent point, with the 360 you get choice.
It has other stuff, but the FPSs outnumber them all. I kinda said it wrong, I was trying to say that most of the games are FPSs, not that there aren't games of other genres.

Word on the street is that the 360 is dropping the price of the Premium to $299 on August 1st. So I would wait a couple weeks.

Back