PS3's a Record Breaker

E7ernal

Error Getting Statistics
Sep 18, 2006
London, UK
As expected, PlayStation 3 has become the fastest selling home console in British history, with 165,000 consoles flying off the shelves since it was launched last Friday.

Thanks to plenty of early stock - compared to the Wii and Xbox 360 - most people could walk into a store over the weekend and buy a console without any hassle. In fact, many retailers still have units available and the 165,000 consoles sold only account for a third of the overall UK stock.

PS3 comfortably beat the Wii and Xbox 360 launches, which managed to sell 105,000 and 70,000 respectively. However, while PS3 may be the best-selling home console, it still failed to eclipse Sony's PSP, which racked up a staggering 185,000 sales during launch weekend.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/776/776086p1.html

I guess if the other two consoles were delayed for around 5 months, they would have sold more at launch. I'd be lying if I said I was surprised by this.

Congratulations to Sony in any case. Let's hope this helps their overall sales and popularity.

I wonder how many wiis would of been sold if there was no shortage :(.

(And xbox 360? not sure on that lanch)

Wait hold on how can that be true when it has the lowest sales what are you trying to say just the british thing I guess

Me too.

Does make ya wonder what the wii launch would have been like if they had more available.

That is some very good news for Sony. However, the important thing is what will become of the 2/3 of units in stock.

WiiZero said:
Wait hold on how can that be true when it has the lowest sales what are you trying to say just the british thing I guess

why must i keep posting this for idiots assumptions...
nextgenwar.jpg

thats EXCLUDING Europe/Australia/NewZealand...

PS3 isn't the lowest sales...

retro_joe said:
why must i keep posting this for idiots assumptions...
nextgenwar.jpg

thats EXCLUDING Europe/Australia/NewZealand...

PS3 isn't the lowest sales...

But the boss(wii) ranks as number one. lmao nintendo just bit everybody ear off like holyfield lol

retro_joe said:
it also shows that PS3 is selling better than 360 :ihih:

Yeah those facts says it all,but i think the 360 could have done better if mircosoft had sucked the life out of the xbox. I think the 360 was released to quick.

hotpotato78 said:
Yeah those facts says it all,but i think the 360 could have done better if mircosoft had sucked the life out of the xbox. I think the 360 was released to quick.

they were afraid of the PS3, so they rushed it to make sure it was out before the Wii and PS3. now they're very afraid of the Wii, not so much the PS3.

ps3 is starting to catch up to 360 numbers for there 1st quater, which is good... 360 is staying pretty solid with just under a million a month now worldwide... and the wii is just flying past them all even with shortages... kinda wierd how the gaming world can flip upside down in a short time... i hope they all do well this time around just means better prices,better games,better systems in the end

Back