Purchasing GC controllers

duke_fan13

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
Can I get a price check on GC controllers, new? I'm just trying to find out whether I can buy 4 when brawl comes out. What are the best places to find them cheap, and would i just be better off using wiimotes?

They're $25 new. If you want consider the Classic Controller. It has just as many buttons and a similar setup. But if you prefer the gamecube design go for the gamecube controllers.

Depends where you go I assume, and if you can find the original styles still.
My Zellers only has third party Gamecube controllers which go for $19.99. I would say they won't be over $25 ever, so if your willing to spend $100 on four thats around where you will be.

check bestbuy.com . I bought a new silver one for $25. Waiting for brawl to open it...

Brawny said:
$30-35 for Wavebirds.

If you find these in stores buy them, they are harder to find now as Nintendo isn't making/shipping any more of those out.

The main thing I can add to this is:
Never buy third party controllers. All of mine have gone bad one way or another, and never because of mistreatment. Even past that point, they're usually a lot less comfortable because they always seem to be really fat.
Get a wavebird if you don't mind extra price + batteries, but otherwise just get the original design.
But really, just try not to buy anything third party when it comes to video games.

Faustus said:
But really, just try not to buy anything third party when it comes to video games.

Except games... you should probably consider buying third party games sometimes :p

Faustus said:
The main thing I can add to this is:
Never buy third party controllers. All of mine have gone bad one way or another, and never because of mistreatment. Even past that point, they're usually a lot less comfortable because they always seem to be really fat.
Get a wavebird if you don't mind extra price + batteries, but otherwise just get the original design.

Yup, made a bad decision when I bought a madcatz one. The buttons don't even function correctly, they fall off, and it's so bulky. Doesn't feel real. I have a question though. You can still buy the original GC controllers at common stores such as Wal-Mart? I have the black GC controller, but I want to silver orange and purple. They sell all of those at Wal-Mart, Gamestop, Circuit city, Best Buy, etc.?

Get a Wavebird if you're going to buy Gamecube controllers. Price goes for about $30-$35 depending where you live and what store you go to. Sorry if I'm just repeating someone else.

ssbb_lover said:
Get a Wavebird if you're going to buy Gamecube controllers. Price goes for about $30-$35 depending where you live and what store you go to. Sorry if I'm just repeating someone else.

Yeah if you can find those, those are the better ones to buy.
But Nintendo doesn't ship out or make new ones anymore, so you'll be lucky to find some. My Zellers has Mario Power Tennis with a Gamecube controller for about $40. Maybe more stores are doing that?

ssbb_lover said:

You better be, *****.

kurokaito said:
I have a question though. You can still buy the original GC controllers at common stores such as Wal-Mart? I have the black GC controller, but I want to silver orange and purple. They sell all of those at Wal-Mart, Gamestop, Circuit city, Best Buy, etc.?

They do, but never in large quantities. The Gamestop near me usually has one or two new controllers ($25), and the Best Buy had a few as well. They were all platinum color; I think that's the only one that is still produced now. People say to get the Wavebird, and you definitely should if you see it in a store, but it's probably even harder to find than a Wii :p So don't hold out in hopes of getting Wavebirds, the corded Nintendo brand controllers are a great deal too.

i just got 2 gamecube controllers for £10 off ebay, they are not official but they are perfect design, exactly the same as the nintendo ones, im sure if you check the us ebay you can find the same, not sure how reliable they are though

Back