Reminder: Replying to spam creates more work for mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gidget

. ☆ ☆ ☆ .
Dec 12, 2007
-= ohio, usa =-
Wii Online Code
9999-9999-9999-9999
remember... the mods have to delete the spam and your responses to that spam... :yesnod:

...i've just seen people replying to spam more often, that's all.

i've been trying to get that reminded to people ever since i came here

having a whole post devoted to saying "please don't spam" or "please don't double post" is spam.......

Enough people do it that it can become a hassle.
Simply reporting the post or PMing a mod of it's serious will suffice.

But enough people do it that it has become an issue. Especially saying that I've seen Mods say numerous times that it is frustrating. And PMing a mod about it would just lead us back to the same point we are at now...

A thread asking said people to stop replying.

So.. cut out the middle man.

Just my opinion of course... If there's a better way to handle it we can surely use that option.

gotta be careful though... members that don't report very often may report posts that may actually be acceptable...
sometimes, after the fact, i wonder if i reported a post that didn't need to be reported...

a bunch of people reporting when they shouldn't could be a hassle to the mods too... but this is a guess

mushroomedmario said:
i've been trying to get that reminded to people ever since i came here

having a whole post devoted to saying "please don't spam" or "please don't double post" is spam.......

Well then, if this post is, as you say it, spam, then you are responding to the spam, which is a no-no.

And dont get on my about how i responded to a responder of spam if you truly think this post is spam.

idjut said:
gotta be careful though... members that don't report very often may report posts that may actually be acceptable...
sometimes, after the fact, i wonder if i reported a post that didn't need to be reported...

a bunch of people reporting when they shouldn't could be a hassle to the mods too... but this is a guess

You can't stop that thought, it's down to the persons intelligence. At least they try.

Dorkfish said:
Well then, if this post is, as you say it, spam, then you are responding to the spam, which is a no-no.

And dont get on my about how i responded to a responder of spam if you truly think this post is spam.

i'm not going to do that, because i believe my post wasn't spam

it was a valid responce to the original post of this thread, which is a valid thread that brings a valid point

keywords=valid

Well alright.
Most of us here know that already, we have had spam problems in the past and we all had the don't reply to spam thing then. Theres also an announcement for it made by the Mods.

I think for the most part we get the gist of it already.

Wait
Was there another spam bot ?

Why dont we next time theres that one thats addverisein his crap we alll email him the spam song

(Trys to create a greggs one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back