Resident Evil 5 vs. Resident Evil umbrellas Chonicles

Yeah! maybe we cant really compare them but at least you must like one or the other not to offend you dough nintendoman07.

Gonna get RE5 for Xbox 360 when it comes out. Not too sure about Umbrella Chronicles because I'm not a fan of rail shooters on console.

juan003 said:
Yeah! maybe we cant really compare them but at least you must like one or the other not to offend you dough nintendoman07.
None taken. I understand what you're saying. I'd have to agree with an earlier post in this thread and say I'll have to wait until they both come out before I make judgment.

nintendoman07 said:
None taken. I understand what you're saying. I'd have to agree with an earlier post in this thread and say I'll have to wait until they both come out before I make judgment.

How good could a rail shooter be? Does not sound like Umbrella Chronicles is going to be revolutionary. If you played one rail shooter, you've played them all. Umbrella Chronicles is going to be like House of the Dead. Very disappointed as I was expecting a real RE game.

I agree with you but, it "may" be cool, but the idea that is going to be like house of the dead or carn evil sounds sort of cool. We need to wait till the game comes out to judge.

Last edited:
just wondering what does on rails mean? does it mean that the computer leads you on a path w/o your moving consent :?

You dont have much freedom.

Its like a train track, you get taken along but you have to point and shoot.

At some points you have a choice to go left or right or up or down, something along those lines.

Umbrella Chronicles will be useless unless they make a wiimote gun...

and not some bum ass manufactored one

I'm gonna get 'em both.

I'm a huge Resi fan so its really a tie for me here. Sure a brand new adventure sounds spiffy, but being a hardcore fan I need to know how more about the fall of Umbrella and even more on Wesker...thus I NEED RE:UC. Plus it looks really fun.

Here's what I think.
RE:UC is a rails on shoot game, a diferent shooter game, and RE 5 shall be the 5th main game of the Resident Evil game series.
I did saw some clips of this new RE: UC, it looks good, with nice grafics, the gameplay looks fun good, but it's not a main game... it needs to have all the previous games's contents (Resident Evil 4, for example) to be considered a main game of the RE series.
RE5 is a game that all of us (Resident Evil fans) may be expecting (I am), if this game will have what RE4 had, but in a much better way, then it will be the best game of that year.
For sure RE5 will be better than RE: UC.

Does someone knows if it could be played in co-op mode?

Last edited:
I'm looking forward more to UC but that's because I don't like the original series that much and UC looks fun.

I think that RE5 is the best well better than REUC.

Back