Routers

csiguy4u said:
NETGEAR MR814V2 w/ latest firmware. Wii worked with it straight out of the box with no setting changes on the router or Wii.

i have the same router but i can't get online please help

Belkin G wireless router

had to change some setting but i got it to work

[took a while for me to figure it out]

theres a lot of replies to this thread, but what i used is the nintendo wi-fi usb connector. i just got it out the box installed the software and both my ds and wii connect right to it. and my wii is in my room two rooms away from my comp and works through walls and about 30 ft away.

JoeTheZombie said:
Linksys WCG200 good to go!

:idea:
Ok...this is probably a totally uncalled for question...but how did you get this to work...I have this one and I've been all over the net trying to set it up...I want to get online to snag some awesome vintage games...alas...my wii does not play well with others. could you tell me how you did this...if you could that would be great!! ~~Desperate for connections :mad2:

Ok, I totally got it...LynksysG - 200 Mtu=1500 helped...still a little shaky...but connected long enough to download Zelda: Ocarina of Time...Love that game!!!

My Linksys WRT54G has worked perfectly so far. Downloads haven't taken very long at all. Except that initial system upgrade of course though. So glad I went with Linksys right now. Worked on my first try with no Error Codes or nothing.

Anyone on a Mac instead of a PC?

Hi, I'm new here so sorry if this has already been covered previously.

Is anybody trying to connect their wii to the internet using a LAN adapter but they have a mac instead of a PC? We have a D-Link DSL-502T router that is plugged into our Mac but for some reason it's not connecting the wii to the internet!:mad5:

it passes the connection test but then i keep getting error code 32004 - unable to perform the wii system update.

I'd appreciate any help I can get as I'm about to throw this thing out the window!

Last edited:
for 2wire routers, you need to put in the middle key in the brackets on the bottom of the router as your pswrd...

am using the verizon fios supplied dling di-624 w/ my wii w/o issues.....wii connected and worked right out of the box. I did have to enter my network password but that was it.

Current Firmware Version: 2.50DDM
TX Rates : Auto
Transmit Power:100%
Beacon interval :100
RTS Threshold :2346
Fragmentation : 2346
DTIM interval : 1
Preamble Type :Short Preamble
SSID Broadcast : Enabled
802.11g Only Mode : Enabled
CTS Mode :Auto
Super G Mode : Disabled

Last edited:
i got sppedtouch 585 v6. it can find connecting but wen i test it fails.. i downloaded newest firmware but i cant get it running.. it a iso and im using magic iso but not sure wat to do.. any ideas?

Back