Routers

3Com.

It was picked up straight away and theres been no problems.

Hello, I have a router Microsoft - MN-700. My wii can't connect to my main computer which is located upstairs. I kept getting 51330 and i have tried several options that i got from the support site like putting the ip adress n yadada manually but it didnt turned out. anyways i got several questions...

i was wondering if getting a wifi usb connector would help?

would i have problems if my wii and the main computer is far away?

i have several computer connected to the router base also, would that interfere with the connection if i get the wifi usb connector?

cheers n tnx

Netgear Rangemax

Has anyone tried Netgear WNR834B with the Wii??? I've had it since the summer before the wii came out and would like to know if it'll work before I go through the trouble of setting it up...thanks!
Mando in TX

Linux box with two NICs running firestarter and some custom rules. The Datel LAN adapter utterly fails to work. No good reason.

I use a
AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050
WPA-TKIP

Sometimes the Wii has a few problems to authenticate but after a while it will work.
I have to say that a network-scan shows me around 21 other WLAN present so they interfere no matter which channel I use.

Linksys Wcg200 VER 2

I took it to my friend's house, used his connection to download Update 2.2

After that, I took it back to my house, I pressed the reset button on my router, getting out of factory defaults. (Which suck majorly)

After this, I logged into my router settings, disabled my firewall while adding a MAC address of my Wii, so now I can connect perfectly, and without any further mess-ups.

Thomson TCW690 Edit:

It DOES work, but you got to
1. Disable all Firewall settings
2. Set "56g" to Auto or Disabled
3. Set the MTU to 1492

My Tipp: Don't buy it aslong as you don't have too much time and nerves to try and try and try it again till it works.

Back