Search button issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
People always get angry at posters when they do not use the search button. I was curious as to why it is not aloud to have a topic that has been used before and why people get angry when others do this. Any reasons?

I guess they just wish people would use the search button because it is pretty much spam having 2 threads about the exact same thing.

Even if the topic was from a few months ago?

But thats what im saying, why is it agaisnt the rules and i dont see how its annoying to see the same thread. I dont feel obliged to answer 50 questions :p

mushroomedmario said:
im' pretty sure this thread's been done before(by penguinphil), you should of searched
xDDDD thats soooo on Topic!!! that was funny..you get Rep for that xD

its not against the rules for diffrent members to make a thread about the same subject. while it does sometimes get annoying, it doesnt really bother me. some people are new to forums and dont know about the search feature, some people search but cant find the answer, some people just dont want to search. yes i get angry when someone makes a new thread about something that is on the 1st page of the section they posted on and ill lock it but if they post the same thread as someone else but the previous thread is a few months old, i let it be. now what really gets me confused is when people tell others to search and then those same people yell at someone for bumping a dead thread. i just dont understand it

yeah i don't like anyone who says don't bump threads...unless they are about topics that aren't long lasting

i.e. "gannon in the clouds"
or

"miyamoto talks sonic in brawl"

i think those two were deleted by TLC though

i know the topic in my bottom spoiler didn't deserve bumping

edit: thanks demon slayer

Why do people get mad over things on the Internet? That is the most puzzling question.

To be honest, if people didn't repost questions, this place (and every other forum) would die. There would be nothing else to ask. Many people do not realize that. You kind of have to deal with reposts to keep the place going.

Members who simply say "use the search", are just as bad and WILL have their posts deleted.
The correct way to help someone is to direct them to the already existing thread, and then maybe mentioning about how they could of used the search.

Whjy should we have to waste our time
The likely hood is most of us will say use the search button
ANd If we dont then the guy will spam up the forum by making new threads asking the same question

wii_cammy said:
Whjy should we have to waste our time
The likely hood is most of us will say use the search button
ANd If we dont then the guy will spam up the forum by making new threads asking the same question
And there's that attitude that brings the forum down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back