September 14th - 15th - All will be revealed

launch date info?

Well first of all, i got some info about the Wii xD

In Mexico, Pizza Hut is having a contest that lasts from October 2nd to November 9th.

The interesting part of all this is that one of the prices is a Nintendo Wii, so if u can conclude all this the Wii will be launched before November xD :lol:

Why does the contest start in October 2nd...?:scared:

Last edited:
From all the information we have until now it loooks like if Nintendo is going to realse the Wii on October 2 and it hope it launches that date or al least before November 7. November 7 is my birthday so I am going to ask my parents to get me a Wii and 2 games for my it.:lol: :lol: :lol:

heres a little script of what gonna happen when i get my wii.
me : (i walk into GAME see a gaint line plp buying wii only to find it out it s sold out good i got a preorder) can i have me wii plz
GAME GUY:sure here u r
me : can i get a couple of games a as well(
buy wii stuff shout ) yes i got the wii and hold it up like link does

ssbb_lover said:
I know, they copied the game console, handheld, but now if they copy this they will be forever known as the copycats of gaming...ya, let's go w/ that:wtf:

Don't feel bad,i'm a 360 user (and Wii owner at launch) and the 360 has been ripped by the PS3 fair share too.

Xbox 360 Achievement
PS3 "Entitlements"

But remember,Sony was also the one who said "We don't need unified online service". Well,that was until they saw Xbox Live's success. Ridiculous.

ok that was creepy.
with the pizza hut contest it could just be a guess no has the release date exept
nintendo not even the luanch day games devolpers.(the ones that are nintendo probely have it but all else dont.)

Simultaneous, international release

Hello.
This is my first post ever on any type of forum, but I HAD to put this up here for you all to speculate. And, as something to keep us all busy talking about to tide us over until Thursday.

My friends and I are all HUGE video game buffs, and we've all been paying very close attention to Nintendo's Wii. Everyone has their own ideas as to what exactly will happen this Thursday, but for purpose of conversation, here is ours. A long time ago, Nintendo promised that the Wii would have an almost simultaneous, international release. If you look at the charts of the release dates for all of the past Nintendo systems in each country, the newer they got, the closer to a simultaneous release they had. Now, everyone's been waiting for the price and release date info for this system for seemingly forever; yet, we know some of the games for it are already in pre-production... and sometimes, they're so complete, the developers find themselves having nothing to do until release but to keep switching from one control mode to the other (Zelda anyone?). The recent news that Nintendo's had all their hardware necessary to build the Wii system for about a month and a half now means they've had more than enough time to get a target range of about 2 million systems built up to this second. That leaves them plenty for a release date anytime they felt like it. And, why would Nintendo call their own simultaneous, international press conference out of nowhere when TGS is right around the corner? And, even stranger, to make the announcement right after their seemingly disappointing Liepzig show? And, to do one better, to make the announcement alongside Playstation's announcement of all their recent shortcomings?

We all honestly think there's a very good chance of several things. One, a very well known rumor around these forums and the internet: they will simply release the date and price for the system, falling somewhere between Oct 2 and Nov 7. Two, another well known rumor circulating: Nintendo will pull an "Apple", and announce that the release date is just a few weeks after the press conference. Three, the idea myself and my friends believe could very well be true: Nintendo has hundreds of their new Wii (finished product) at the press conferences for the gaming section of the show (said to last from 10 to 6), but then shortly after, there will be an announcement that the Wii's the press just played on were the first in a line of 2 million that were sent out to the public that same day (Thursday), and that each big press group (IGN, Gamepro, G4, etc) gets their own system to take home from the press conference floor that day, while everyone else will be able to buy theirs in stores the next morning.

I know, this is a very far off shot, but it could definitely happen. Why else would it be an invitation only event, with limited seating, and the Nintendo presidents of each region at the conferences? Not to mention Mario's voice actor. Let's face it....there's no question the price and release date are going to be announced Thursday. That's a no brainer. But, there's definitely something deeper in the works for the whole world that day.....

If you guys still can't fathom that happening, take a look at this CNN article written back in June about the manufacturing of Wii's and short of time the 360 was in production before it's launch. It brings up some good points, which all further backup my own.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/05/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm

***UPDATE*** Posted on the Nintendo Wii News website, they talk about the European release of a new magazine called Revolution (hehe). It's Nintendo's new Wii magazine, set to release the first issue on September 14. On the cover, the main headline is "Wii takes over the world". This could very well mean that the Wii plans to be released on the 14th. Either way, the magazine definitely reveals that we will 100% know the release date and price after the 14th.

http://www.news4gamers.com/wii/News-8648.aspx

Last edited:
Briancpest said:
Hello.
This is my first post ever on any type of forum, but I HAD to put this up here for you all to speculate. And, as something to keep us all busy talking about to tide us over until Thursday.

My friends and I are all HUGE video game buffs, and we've all been paying very close attention to Nintendo's Wii. Everyone has their own ideas as to what exactly will happen this Thursday, but for purpose of conversation, here is ours. A long time ago, Nintendo promised that the Wii would have an almost simultaneous, international release. If you look at the charts of the release dates for all of the past Nintendo systems in each country, the newer they got, the closer to a simultaneous release they had. Now, everyone's been waiting for the price and release date info for this system for seemingly forever; yet, we know some of the games for it are already in pre-production... and sometimes, they're so complete, the developers find themselves having nothing to do until release but to keep switching from one control mode to the other (Zelda anyone?). The recent news that Nintendo's had all their hardware necessary to build the Wii system for about a month and a half now means they've had more than enough time to get a target range of about 2 million systems built up to this second. That leaves them plenty for a release date anytime they felt like it. And, why would Nintendo call their own simultaneous, international press conference out of nowhere when TGS is right around the corner? And, even stranger, to make the announcement right after their seemingly disappointing Liepzig show? And, to do one better, to make the announcement alongside Playstation's announcement of all their recent shortcomings?

We all honestly think there's a very good chance of several things. One, a very well known rumor around these forums and the internet: they will simply release the date and price for the system, falling somewhere between Oct 2 and Nov 7. Two, another well known rumor circulating: Nintendo will pull an "Apple", and announce that the release date is just a few weeks after the press conference. Three, the idea myself and my friends believe could very well be true: Nintendo has hundreds of their new Wii (finished product) at the press conferences for the gaming section of the show (said to last from 10 to 6), but then shortly after, there will be an announcement that the Wii's the press just played on were the first in a line of 2 million that were sent out to the public that same day (Thursday), and that each big press group (IGN, Gamepro, G4, etc) gets their own system to take home from the press conference floor that day, while everyone else will be able to buy theirs in stores the next morning.

I know, this is a very far off shot, but it could definitely happen. Why else would it be an invitation only event, with limited seating, and the Nintendo presidents of each region at the conferences? Not to mention Mario's voice actor. Let's face it....there's no question the price and release date are going to be announced Thursday. That's a no brainer. But, there's definitely something deeper in the works for the whole world that day.....

If you guys still can't fathom that happening, take a look at this CNN article written back in June about the manufacturing of Wii's and short of time the 360 was in production before it's launch. It brings up some good points, which all further backup my own.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/05/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm

***UPDATE*** Posted on the Nintendo Wii News website, they talk about the European release of a new magazine called Revolution (hehe). It's Nintendo's new Wii magazine, set to release the first issue on September 14. On the cover, the main headline is "Wii takes over the world". This could very well mean that the Wii plans to be released on the 14th. Either way, the magazine definitely reveals that we will 100% know the release date and price after the 14th.

http://www.news4gamers.com/wii/News-8648.aspx
1. welcome brian

2. u bring up some very good points, but i hope that both your idea and the apple theory do not come true. y? because i need time 2 preorder!!
im gonna preorder mine thursday afternoon, but if it comes out the day after, then im totally and unbelievably screwed, because i have school, and i doubt my mom would let me camp out.

anyway, i think your theory might actually be true, however

Hey, thanks.

It's all just speculation obviously, but I sorta do hope I'm right. Waiting another month or two for this system would be nerve racking. Not to mention, they'd officially be the slowest months of my life.

Plus, the fact that Nintendo's supposedly started packaging Wii's to be "ready for store shelves" definitely makes Thursday or this weekend a plausible release window.

yeah , gud theory briancpest, especially since it is a invite only event and on it it says something very special will happen. i would go with the three week thing to be honest.

Back