Should i get WII or 360

Ledja said:
Online play is not going to be enabled at launch. It won't be so called enabled until 2007. No date has been given yet, just that there will *NOT* be online multiplayer for the Wii this year, and no set date for when it will be offered in 2007.

3rd party Developers do not even have access to the online component until January of '07. Meaning we won't see a 3rd party game released on shelves until at least summer of 2007 with online playing capabilities. One of Nintendo biggest downfalls if you ask me. Online gaming is what makes a game last. If Nintendo does with the Wii what they did with the Gamecube with the online capabilities, I am getting rid of the little white box.

Imo, it's a very hard decision. I have the 360 already and getting a Wii when it comes out.

The 360 offers Gears of War, Call of Duty 2/3, madden NFL 07, and of course, the big, the one, the only Halo 3. And it would depend on your television. If you have an HDTV, i would say get a 360. It is totally worth it if you have one.

The Wii offers the cool new Wiimote, Zelda, Red Steel, Madden NFL 07, etc. great system, you can bring it over friend's house because it's so small (you can still do it with a 360 but it's huge and chucky, especially the brick)

paintba||er said:
Actually I think that a 360 would be easier to take to a friends house because with a Wii you would have to take the sensor bar too and you would have to recalibrate it for the other TV.

Good point guys but I don't think portability is a deciding factor for most when buying a console.

Really depends on your situation. If you have friends with 360 or ones who are getting Wii. The type of TV you have, like if you have a 60" hdtv then 360 would be better. If you enjoyed earlier Nintendo games, Wii is better for you.

Like for me it a 50/50 split of the people who have 360 or are getting a Wii and a couple of others, planning to get a PS3 friday (which i doubt). I have a 27" HDTV, so no big difference. Love Nintendo games. Just want to play games occasionally on it. Already have DVD player, planning to buy a BluRay recorder. Love getting the newest first, and 360 is a year old. Interesting in testing out new control scheme. My school is full of Nintendo Fanboys. So for me it seems logical to get a Wii, but it may differ in your case.

Just do some more reseach, so you dont make a bad decision. If you decide on getting a Wii and they are sold out, don't just buy a 360 because its there and vice-versa. Hope that helped.

Well personally I wouldn't get a 360, I've played the demo kiosks and yes they had HDTV's, I played Project Gotham racing (which I was told was one of the better looking games) and all I could think of was "Goddamnit what am I driving a truck?!" Now I like to think I'm decent at racing games but I spent more time against the wall that off it so the graphics meant nothing because to me it was let down with control sensitivity though I admit it was quite pretty (and funny to watch other people crash into the wall)

One of the new football games in the demo booths now...Fifa maybe? That looked decidely "Meh" but then most football games do. Middle Earth? The RTS? god damn that was a travesty in motion, not being able to point and click shot it in the foot for me.

Now if it was a Wii or PS3 I would be in two minds, if I had the cash and a HDTV then to be honest I would choose the PS3 (though if I had all that I'd just get both :p) The games do look stunning that can't be denied and remember people say MS and Sony are corporate giants who don't care about the games but there are still many second and third party developers releasing classic games for the system.

Back to the case at hand, I wouldn't get a 360 even if it was "Here, one or the other just pick now" I'd go for the Wii, I'm really hyped for the controls, Zelda clinched it because noone can deny they're a classic.

I got the E3 demo disc a good while back and showed my friends, who are by the way also buying Wii's, there shall be much online Smash Bro's

To the person who said about the XLive and Nintendos lack of online gaming then this is only to be expected tbh I mean kudos where it's due XBox has the online gaming straight from their last gen console. Nintendo are still getting their legs steady before they make the transition but it's not like we won't get online gaming, rather we'll get online gaming next year when the second run of games are coming out and developers are getting more to grips with the control designs etc.

I wouldn't want a half assed online I'm content to wait :) Besides I like the idea of the channels, the message board (in a student house could be great if I let my housemates near it) the weather channel just looks cool and I like being able to carry my Mii on my remote to a friends house.

And in response to the person saying the main game lauching with it was developed for the GC(LoZ:TP) then riddle me this, it's got between 95% and 100% and the Wii controls have been praised along with the artwork and design, to me this is enough and I can't wait. Damn you america for getting it before the UK and damn having uni exams in january ¬_¬ ah well better than release week.

In the end the choice is yours man, you're on a Wii forum...what do you thinks going to be the answer :p

I vote for the wii60. But if I had to choose one it would be the 360. The 360 will have way more games because I think the majority of games this gen will be 360/PS3 cross platform games. After this gen really gets going crossplatform will most likely mean PS3 and 360 for most developers.

If you are buying a nintendo system for something besides nintendo games then you will probably be disappointed.

Like most people have been saying, base your decision on what you want for gaming. If you favor next-gen graphics over next-gen controls, then get a 360. You know what games are out for both systems, so figure out what games you want and base your decision on that! If your parents are buying it, have them buy the 360. That way, if you want the Wii, you won't have to spend as much of your own money.

I have both systems and have only played the Wii for a few hours since I just got it yesterday. All I can say is that they're both sweet. You won't be disappointed with whatever decision you make.

Back