Should they put in Advanced Techniques?

Arsid

Arsidic Member
Dec 12, 2007
I was browsing some threads and I saw a bunch of people saying stuff like "Oh, I'll be good, I can shuffle and wave dash and stuff."

Well, I can shuffle and wave dash too....

However, so far, brawl has no L-canceling, or wave dashing. This is the reason a lot of professional Smash brother players are mad. This game is going to be a lot slower game play wtihout L-cancels. And without L-cancels....you can't shuffle. and without wave dashing...you can't wave dash.

Do you think they should put these advanced things in Brawl so the pros can stay professional? Or do you think they should leave them out so the n00bs aren't as far away as the pros?

Personally, I want them to put them in Brawl. Since I can do all that advanced stuff, I want to enjoy owning the n00bs until everyone knows about that advanced stuff. (It would only be awhile until n00bs started learning to shuffle and wavedash anyway). I just want to feel the satisfaction that I'm better then some people
(im not saying im pro, no way am i pro. I can just do the things pros can. I still can't do it as efficiently and professionally as they do.)

So what do you people think?

Yes. Of course most 'advance techniques' were glitches. but thats what makes versus mode so fun, Its not like mortal kombat where theres about 20 moves, and thats all you could do. you can find out new things that even the makers might not know about.

It's not an advanced "technique", it's "using game glitches depending on how hard they are to pull off"

Halo 3 dropped BXR, double shot, super bounce...

Of course there will be "techniques"/"glitches", but I don't care much for them since I never have to use them.

I want them in the game, it's not exactly cheating, it just hasn't been tested properly. People aren't that stupid, in fact I think it makes them better seeing themself lose all the time, maybe we'd actually get some competition in a wifi game once in a while.

I can't wavedash, or do anything, I'm particularly bad at the game, but without people using those I have some chance of winning, even though that's really not meant to happen.

I can wavedash...kinda... I don't usually use it though.
I'd personally like L-cancelling and wavedashing to return so I can get good at them :lol:

If ya can't kill a wee n00blet with precise timing and strategic maneuvering using the regular moves, then you'll not have a reason to call yerselves pros in Brawl.

Seriously though, there will always be "a better way to fight" and the people who use those advanced "techniques", even if they aren't as convenient as Melee's glitches, will win. The best will win. It won't be because somebody knows something that the other person doesn't, it'll be because he's honestly better.

Druidan said:
If ya can't kill a wee n00blet with precise timing and strategic maneuvering using the regular moves, then you'll not have a reason to call yerselves pros in Brawl.

Seriously though, there will always be "a better way to fight" and the people who use those advanced "techniques", even if they aren't as convenient as Melee's glitches, will win. The best will win. It won't be because somebody knows something that the other person doesn't, it'll be because he's honestly better.
Not really. I use wave dashing and a bunch of other moves yet i will still lose to my brother in melee.

i can do those stuff but i find it is to easy i perfer using properways of fighting and if i start to loose then i just spam air moves as i rule in the air

I dont think L-cancelling is completely out of the picture just yet. People that went to E for All said that L-cancel can still be done but not in the same way you use to in Melee.

L Canceling – Alright, the very last day we had the demo we finally figured this one out. You CAN l cancel, and l canceling removes all the lag from your aerials. Remember that l cancel stands for LAG cancel, NOT the button that you press. You l cancel in brawl by fast falling and then doing your aerials, it takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s obviously useful to have no lag after moves. You don't actually have to press a button, as long as you are fast falling before you do your aerial you should l cancel.

Source: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

As D1nner has posted (saving me the time of finding the article :)), L-canceling isn't out, it's just different. I personally feel it was wrong to take out Wave Dashing/SHFFL/etc. If anything, they should have made it a little easier so that as casual players get better, they could use these techniques more easily. That way, the pros could still stand out by using these moves in a more advanced way.

I think this may be the only mistake I've seen Sakurai make yet.

Personally, I never really like to exploit those game glitches...I was generally annoyed when in Mario Kart people began using the snake thing, which instead of making the game enjoyable made it a pain to play (sore thumbs).

Seriously, I think games are more enjoyable the way they're supposed to be played. I can wave dash, but I seriously hate doing it...I'd rather play in a less stressed manner just for fun, not to win everytime. Also, I think it's cooler that people become pros by exploiting a characters ability, not by learning how to use x glitch to move faster or pull combos.

"advanced techniques" were just glitches that were discovered and eventually exploited by gamers to gain an edge. brawl is bound to have some glitches, and it will only be a matter of time before players begin to take advantage of these little kinks and develop entirely new "advanced techniques" specifically for brawl.

Hahahaha, you just need breaks to stop it being painful. It made the game more enjoyable, racing normally makes everything seem so slow, and doesn't give in the slightest bit of edge for competition.

Back