Should they put in Advanced Techniques?

I think glitches are cheap and those who exploit them have little skill, relying on a programing over site to win matches is rather low.

I don't care if it takes time an practice to learn. It was never really meant as part of normal game play and should therefore be outlawed in professional matches.

if you have to rely on glitches to win a match then I have no respect for you as a gamer. Technique is a style of gaming..each player should have or develop their own unique playing style and techniques.

"Advance Techniques" are nothing more than as I said programming over sites that weren't thought important enough to address during the testing/debugging phase.

I mean Sakurai and Co. were too involved in balancing everything else in the game to make sure there was absolutely no hiccups in the coding what so ever. Anyone who calls themselves a true professional Smash player shouldn't degrade themselves to exploiting game flaws to win, they should at least have enough skill to fight as the game intended and win..That is a mark of true skill.

I hope that these glitches on melee were brought to his attention and rectified before Brawl was programmed. If not then I think there should be two separate leagues in the Brawl online community: Those who exploit glitches, and the legit players who play as the game intended.

I guess I'm one of the few who never bothered with SHFFL or WD since though them cheap and disrespectful tactics in matches.

The only place Emma and I differ.

Hear hear, ELM.

Maybe it'd be different if I could snake... I know HOW to wavedash and all that crap, but more importantly, how to counter idiots who spam them and don't know when to use them.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I think glitches are cheap and those who exploit them have little skill, relying on a programing over site to win matches is rather low.

I don't care if it takes time an practice to learn. It was never really meant as part of normal game play and should therefore be outlawed in professional matches.

if you have to rely on glitches to win a match then I have no respect for you as a gamer. Technique is a style of gaming..each player should have or develop their own unique playing style and techniques.

"Advance Techniques" are nothing more than as I said programming over sites that weren't thought important enough to address during the testing/debugging phase.

I mean Sakurai and Co. were too involved in balancing everything else in the game to make sure there was absolutely no hiccups in the coding what so ever. Anyone who calls themselves a true professional Smash player shouldn't degrade themselves to exploiting game flaws to win, they should at least have enough skill to fight as the game intended and win..That is a mark of true skill.

I hope that these glitches on melee were brought to his attention and rectified before Brawl was programmed. If not then I think there should be two separate leagues in the Brawl online community: Those who exploit glitches, and the legit players who play as the game intended.

I guess I'm one of the few who never bothered with SHFFL or WD since though them cheap and disrespectful tactics in matches.
Quoted for truth. :yesnod:

Brawny, I'll take you up on your fun challenge:

I think they should keep the fun advanced moves because it would make it more fun for the advanced players to have fun and they'd say "This is fun! It's even more fun than melee!"
But they'd only say that while they are having fun.
It would also be fun for those who can't do the fun techniques because they'd have a fun goal to work towards... while having fun!

*Phew* That's all the fun for today...

except...they put a version of L-canceling in Brawl :lol:
So.....SHFFLing is still possible in Brawl :lol:

^definitely out

Although its possible that Peach can still wavedash using float cancel

On a side note (something we didn't really have time to experiment with) it seems like peach would legitimately be able to wave dash back and forth because of this technique combined with the shortened height of float canceling, which means that peach (or somebody else with a double jump cancel, if other characters can do it) will be able to wave dash back and forth quickly

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

Agreed.

I think exploiting glitches just ruins the game, I mean they are glitches so they obviously weren't meant to be part of the game.

Back