So Freakin' Bored !!!!

Dubb's Wii said:
So yeah, I'm sure this has been discussed here before but, I am SO BORED of the Wii right now. I got GH3 and a few other games just a couple weeks ago and just have 1.no drive or interest in turning on my Wii right now. Does anyone else feel this way??
I go to Best Buy, Circuit City and Gamestop and all the other retail stores and look through all the Wii games and 2.I see still like Pets, Cooking Mama, and a bunch of trivia games. WTF is this all about?? 3.Where are the at-least half way descent games?? Does anyone know??
4.Yeah, Yeah, I know SSBB is coming soon. WHOA, big deal !! I bet if i get that and play it, I'll be bored of that in a week or two as well.
Does anyone else out there feel the same way as me??
a.I am almost ready to trade all my Wii stuff for a PS3. ZZZZZZZ !!! b.At least I'll have a blue-ray player then. The Wii is just a dust magnet now. HELP !!! Drowning in BORDUM !!! :sick:

1.I blame my new Vista and 360 but yeah.
2.Those are called casual games, its Nintendo's way of sucking money out of more people than before.
3.DBZ:BT3, Rayman 2, Super Mario Galaxy
4.Highly highly HIGHLY unlikely.
a.Meh. I like the 360. If you get one get KH3 or else I'll hate you.
b.yay?

For the people that keep asking what games I have, here they are...

Guitar Hero 3
Madden 08
Mario Super Strikers
Tiger Woods 08
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Wii Play
Metroid Prime
and a bunch of VC games

The reason why the PS3 and 360 had more semi-good games in the initial year is because all the developers invested heavily in PS3 and 360 development. It took these developers a while before they started to shift to Wii game development. This is the reason why good 3rd party games aren't on the Wii. With the large install base for the Wii, we will start seeing a lot more 3rd party games developed.

So I'll say it again, I don't expect any good 3rd party games until christmas '08.

Totally felt the same way, dude.
I got the Wii December 06, and by February I was bored with it. I hardly touched it at all until about October. Been playing it pretty regularly since.

I have a feeling I might get bored with it again.
There isn't a whole lot I'm interested in this year, sans Brawl, and Mario Kart.
I might look into a few other titles, such as HOTD, but nothing else is really peaking my interest.

Gee, no wonder why you're so bored. The holiday season came and went and all you got was Guitar Hero 3 and Super Mario Galaxy? Dude, come on. Surely there's more than just those 2 games that came out in the past few months that interest you?

To tell you the truth, I didn't get either one of those for christmas..LOL. I did get about 300 bucks in gift cards that havent even been touched for Best Buy and I have been there probably a dozen times and nothing, I repeat, nothing interests me. Might just use it toward touch-screen dvd system for my car instead of games.

If you can honestly look at all of the good games on the Wii and say "Not interested" to the vast majority of them, then just sell the Wii. It's obvious that you're just not interested in what it has to offer and that perhaps you should just move on to another console. Just don't complain about the supposed lack of good games.

RedProdigy said:
If you can honestly look at all of the good games on the Wii and say "Not interested" to the vast majority of them, then just sell the Wii. It's obvious that you're just not interested in what it has to offer and that perhaps you should just move on to another console. Just don't complain about the supposed lack of good games.

"Good Games"....which are?? You say "all of the good games". Care to share with me which one(s) those are? And no, I don't plan on selling it. I don't need the money..lol. I'll just let it collect dust and some of the kids enjoy playin' it. :smilewinkgrin: Besides, I do enjoy Guitar Hero 3 for it.

First i dont think you have nearly enough games to make the judgment but its up to you... i would tell you to go get BW2,MOH:H2 and a few others before making the call

The Wii doesnt have the best of everything... but they are good at somethigns and do have a little of everthing.. if you dont like anything on the Wii... you wont like anything on any console at all...

they all have the same types of games.... just each system excel's at specific areas of gaming... and they direct there efforts at specific genre of games they are good at...

my best suggestion is go rent games for the next couple weeks one of each Genre... if after that you come back saying you like this or that then we know what games to work off of from there... maybe even a console swap

if you dont like any of them well then you probably just outgrew gaming...
and you should pick another man hobbie

such as:

sitting on your ass watching sports drinking beer "very popular"

Poker nights with the guys same thing as watching sports but cost you more

My personal favorite.. i can help you out with any of these Cars and Trucks... Build your own hott rod in your spare time and hopefully one day it so fast it kills you... thats what im going for... flesh ripping g-forces
Or Build a crazy big 4x4 and cruise the trails and mud
"go where no man has gone before"... which brings me to the next one..

Become a Scifi collector and get all the dolls aka "action figure" to go with them... attend all the awsome conventions.....this also works for Cult films

You can also get into ORV's and the like 3 wheeler,4 wheeler, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, jet skis, jet boats and any sport related to them

Take up a Sport Activity and join a team also fun, but sadly normally seasonal... and can only do it some parts of the year... i recomend Extream sports... they usually have less time crunches and no real season to play in, and are just way more fun... see: sky dive,cliff dive,bunjee jump

There are many small catagories like stamp collecting, Train sets,RC cars, pets, these just fill up some time...

if you love to Sing and Dance just be careful.... specially if its to broadway and showtunes then your most likely gay...and nothing above applys to you... but thats ok cause i think you rule Mr. Sister :wink:

Last edited:
Dubb's Wii said:
"Good Games"....which are?? You say "all of the good games". Care to share with me which one(s) those are? And no, I don't plan on selling it. I don't need the money..lol. I'll just let it collect dust and some of the kids enjoy playin' it. :smilewinkgrin: Besides, I do enjoy Guitar Hero 3 for it.

Only each person can decide which is a "good game."

But you did ask for help in your OP. But now I don't know what you want....

i still just say go rent them untill you find something that clicks with you... move forward from there...

Anyways, I have plenty of hobbies besides playin games.:smilewinkgrin: Don't really need your input there. I'm here to discuss the Wii and it's games, not what I do in my spare time(and already have a hotrod and lots of other toys):lol:

well then why complain? its time to up the nitrous in the hotrod it can handle a 350 wet shot... just do it lol... winter time is when you tweak everything before spring starts have it ready to go...

Dont get me wrong i havent played my wii buttloads but most my games are multiplayer that i do when friends are here , and the others keep me intrested enough that when im in the mood for gaming it does my fix just fine... i spend alot of time at first with a title but then slow down play it once a week or so.. maybe 20 minutes to an hour max a day... its not suppose to replace normall life... geesh maybe you just need to sleep in more sounds like you got too much time on your hands... i just rent a game a week and that keeps me more than busy.... like it or not i beat it and then buy it if i liked it...

besides that you still have to beat this 9 year old

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/KUzNcheoY6U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" [/media]

and untill you do you are no longer considered a man... so there.. you have 5 years of GH3 Ahead of you....

Last edited:
hahaha. i seen that before. NUTS !! :cornut:

Last edited:
I'll admit I feel the exact same way. I have all the AAA titles that Australia has on offer (check sig). But it still doesnt satisfy.
Wii does feel lacking, motion controls are a great offering, but there is an effort to them, whereas with my PC, its just point and click. I think alot of people still want this from videogames, not all this jumping around.
I'm going to be keeping my Wii, as I really want No More Heroes and SSBM, but there is no saying I will play them for long, letalone complete them.
(Only 4 of the games in my sig are 100% complete, Resi4 multiple times, gem that it is).
I spose this is all new technology and developers are lazy etc etc. So I cant wait for the the day when they wake up!

Back