Sony F**ks Up Big Time

Shiftfallout said:
Having been places internationally, a dead goat means very little. Animals are a source of food and symbolism, we are carnivores.

That party looked great, i wish i was there. Topless girls, a dead sacrafictial goat, alcohol. Thats the best damn toga party ever. The thing is, God of war is a MATURE franchise, if you have played the game you would have seen a lot of death, blood, and boobs. After defeating the first level you get done with two topless woman. Then go and kill some more.

In asia they will chop up a cat for food or for fur, in every country they slaughter cows and chickens. Goats have always been used for offerings and still are to this day. Grow up and learn about the world, because the world certainly does not revolve around any one country.

Hell, when I heard about ozzy ozborne biting the head off a bat at his rock concert, i thought that was awsome as all hell. For all you know that goat could have already been dying, was in pain and put to sleep or was going to be cooked.

Some of You people are funny. I give who ever was running that events props for having the balls to do it. If sony really knew what was planned they probably wouldnt have sponsored it to be honest.
Quote For Truth

I doubt Sony would do this plus the party doesn't look like something someone as big as Sony would throw

Shiftfallout said:
Having been places internationally, a dead goat means very little. Animals are a source of food and symbolism, we are carnivores.

That party looked great, i wish i was there. Topless girls, a dead sacrafictial goat, alcohol. Thats the best damn toga party ever. The thing is, God of war is a MATURE franchise, if you have played the game you would have seen a lot of death, blood, and boobs. After defeating the first level you get done with two topless woman. Then go and kill some more.

In asia they will chop up a cat for food or for fur, in every country they slaughter cows and chickens. Goats have always been used for offerings and still are to this day. Grow up and learn about the world, because the world certainly does not revolve around any one country.

Hell, when I heard about ozzy ozborne biting the head off a bat at his rock concert, i thought that was awsome as all hell. For all you know that goat could have already been dying, was in pain and put to sleep or was going to be cooked.

Some of You people are funny. I give who ever was running that events props for having the balls to do it. If sony really knew what was planned they probably wouldnt have sponsored it to be honest.

I think it's wrong to kill a goat just for advertisements, but if it was just for food which I'm thinking it was it's not really bad because we are omnivores as you said.

You gotta admit though, this was still a stupid move for Sony.

Last edited:
if sony is really behind this I doubt that they killed the goat for advertisement purposes. its easy to make some phone calls and get any dead animal you need. that goat's meat was probably not good, and cheap to get, and if the meat was good, it was already dead, they didn't kill it for the advertisement. I am against animal cruelty, and this is not it.

I didn't know Sony supported the older religions? I don't recall Pagans looking like that though. Will they worship the Sun, Moon, or call America the giant Turtle (Native Amercian Religion talks of a giant turtle)? Pagan religion is still practiced in some parts of the world. Mostly Stone Hedge.

Is that a bamboo cup she's holding? Were they on drugs? I hope so. No sane person should have to explain this. I said a few months ago they should have fired their European PR staff for their racist PSP adds. Looks like Sony gave them promotions.

Last edited:
I understand you neo. I think however this God of War 2 party is not a direct result of Sony. These events happen all the time in the entertainment industry, i have been to many myself. Its no secret that the creator of the god of war franchise is a bit of a party guy, and these types of parties often make use of stunts and shock value. If a rep of sony was directly involved in this, it probably would not have been allowed to happen. My guess is who ever did the planning got carried away.

I see it all the time. But i really dont think they went out and killed a goat just for that party. Its not hard to obtain dead animals. Either way, i do not find it shocking, then again I am human and we are at the top of the food chain. Killing animals wont bother me, I only hate it when they suffer. Thats it.

I dont think they just let the goat rot after that event either, most likely it was used as it was ment to be used and not wasted.

sagema said:
I didn't know Sony supported the older religions? I don't recall Pagans looking like that though. Will they worship the Sun, Moon, or call America the giant Turtle (Native Amercian Religion talks of a giant turtle)? Pagan religion is still practiced in some parts of the world. Mostly Stone Hedge.

Is that a bamboo cup she's holding? Were they on drugs? I hope so. No sane person should have to explain this.

Not familiar with god of war are we? lol its based off greek mythology and the gods. Thus topless women, togas, goats and paint, wine and alcohol. In history each god had a following and for each one there were either sacrifices, sex orgys, music, dancing, fun, sorrow, ect... The main character of the franchise is supposed to be one of the last Spartans i believe.

Last edited:
people just wan't to criticize everything they see, always the bad part. thats why I think there is no freedom anymore, specially in the USA, here, there is no freedom of speech. if that was showed here in the USA, they probably have a law suit by now. no freedom.

Don't you dare defend this trash Shift. This is the same damn staff that made those racist PSP adds! They should have fired them way back! I can't imagine Nintendo nor Microsoft pulling this garbage. The only reason they did this stunt is they aren't located in the US where they'd get fired, sued, and removed.

sagema said:
I can't imagine Nintendo nor Microsoft pulling this garbage.

Nintendo owned and opperated Sex Hotels in Japan. This was where couples and protitutes would go and have sex, party and do drugs. But i bet you didnt know that either.

Again, i would have loved to be at that party. Then again, I am grown up. ;-)
I dont see anything wrong from that article, and to be honest, we dont even know how credible it really is. Were you there?

READ: "The party was held last month in Athens in homage to the game’s Greek mythology themes. Revellers partied against the floodlit backdrop of the Parthenon.

The Sony spokesman said the animal had not been slaughtered for the event but had been bought from a local butcher by the Greek company hired to stage the event. "

It helps to read the ENTIRE article now dont it?

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
Nintendo owned and opperated Sex Hotels in Japan. This was where couples and protitutes would go and have sex, party and do drugs. But i bet you didnt know that either.

Again, i would have loved to be at that party. Then again, I am grown up. ;-)
I dont see anything wrong from that article, and to be honest, we dont even know how credible it really is. Were you there?
So did Sony. Not that important. But like usual Sonys way of marketing sucks.......

Major Tom said:
So did Sony. Not that important. But like usual Sonys way of marketing sucks.......

I dunno, i personally like it. They have the balls to do it, and i think people are too sensative. Feminist, animal rights, special interest groups, they are all nazis trying to force society into their play things. They all get pissed off over every little thing, that it really doesnt matter what you do becuase you will get attacked for it anyways. I think they make it a job to be offended, even if they dont really care, they pretend to care.

As for Sony and the sex hotel, i dont really care. I was responding to the guy who thinks nintendo is a saint. I really dont care because im only interested in the product. I have a realistic view on the world and history.

Shiftfallout said:
I dunno, i personally like it. They have the balls to do it, and i think people are too sensative. Feminist, animal rights, special interest groups, they are all nazis trying to force society into their play things. They all get pissed off over every little thing, that it really doesnt matter what you do becuase you will get attacked for it anyways. I think they make it a job to be offended, even if they dont really care, they pretend to care.

As for Sony and the sex hotel, i dont really care. I was responding to the guy who thinks nintendo is a saint. I really dont care because im only interested in the product. I have a realistic view on the world and history.

I wouldn't exactly say Sony has such huge balls, they're recalling most of the magazines I think.

Back