Sony F**ks Up Big Time

i see nothing wrong, same people offended by that probably have tons of leather products and fur coats. animals die, and occaionally theyre used when theyre dead.

regardless though, def a tabloid.

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
I wouldn't exactly say Sony has such huge balls, they're recalling most of the magazines I think.

well no one said huge balls, but they definately have balls to do the things they do. Theres a certain style about sony that I like, its a frame of mind thats different than the rest. Its apparent when you walk onto the movie studio lot (been there many times), and when i went into their props house. Its down to earth but completely creative to the extreme. I love it.

The magazines that ran the pictures were kinda tabloidish and if people are making a fuss about it, then Sony will pull it. This doesnt change the fact that one of their producers hosted and planned the party however, and i doubt that will stop them.

It was in greece by the way, they bought the already dead goat from a local butcher and a greek company was in charge of hosting and planning most of the event. So the greek probably thought the goat was fitting for the theme. And i agree with them.

zeon9881 said:
bottom line sonys retarded...

WOW nintendo made a hotel for sex.....btw thats fake =P

and if it isn't link plz

Apparently so are you.

Are you guessing or refusing to believe it?

http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=45

Nintendo started dealing in a type of japanese playing cards that were popular with the Yakuza, japanese crime syndicates and such. From there on, nintendo got involved in many types of businesses. In the 60's nintendo owned a love hotel in which, the man behind nintendo, liked to hang out. This was where he cheated on his wife as well and his wife knew about it and didnt care. Yakuza, Love hotels, Taxis... a lot went on under the radar to get nintendo where it is today. A lot of .. questionable things. But you have to remember, just cause a company looks all happy kiddy on the outside, doesnt mean its history is clean either.

Shiftfallout said:
well no one said huge balls, but they definately have balls to do the things they do. Theres a certain style about sony that I like, its a frame of mind thats different than the rest. Its apparent when you walk onto the movie studio lot (been there many times), and when i went into their props house. Its down to earth but completely creative to the extreme. I love it.

The magazines that ran the pictures were kinda tabloidish and if people are making a fuss about it, then Sony will pull it. This doesnt change the fact that one of their producers hosted and planned the party however, and i doubt that will stop them.

It was in greece by the way, they bought the already dead goat from a local butcher and a greek company was in charge of hosting and planning most of the event. So the greek probably thought the goat was fitting for the theme. And i agree with them.

If it was already dead then I feel a lot better about all this mess. After all I don't want to get too hypocritical, I eat at McDonalds and I don't think the conditions for their chickens are the best.

En4Neo said:
If it was already dead then I feel a lot better about all this mess. After all I don't want to get too hypocritical, I eat at McDonalds and I don't think the conditions for their chickens are the best.

yep. "
The Sony spokesman said the animal had not been slaughtered for the event but had been bought from a local butcher by the Greek company hired to stage the event. "

I think we also have to consider the fact that the editor of that article wanted to spin and exagerate what really happened. Thats what editors do, the best thing to do is read the quotes and try to critically examine what the editor/author wrote for the rest. Journalism is never fair and balanced.

Well the next 10 pages will be Shift defending it. I'm more disgusted that you approve of it. But I should have expected nothing less from a person with a immature mentality like yours. I'm done commenting on this thread. I made my point, and so did the others.

sagema said:
Well the next 10 pages will be Shift defending it. I'm more disgusted that you approve of it. But I should have expected nothing less from a person with a immature mentality like yours. I'm done commenting on this thread. I made my point, and so did the others.

translation: You made your point aka "whining and moaning", and then, as always throw that childish "shift will defend for a bazillion more pages now".

To summerize the entirity of YOUR posts here " i hate sony, i hate shift, i believe everything relovles around me, and im not realistic enough to believe in mature content."

=)

Shiftfallout said:
Having been places internationally, a dead goat means very little. Animals are a source of food and symbolism, we are carnivores.

We're omnivores

(At least I am)

SamuS said:
We're omnivores

(At least I am)

aye, being an omnivore still makes you a carivore. Our bodies need a balance between fruits and vegitables and meats.

Celestial said:
Not really shift, it's really sick that you enjoy things like animal slaughter

Celestial, where did I say I enjoy animal slaughter? Those are your words and your spin. Dont start that crap here. I am realistic though, im not gonna moan like a child because they bought a dead goat from a local butcher. We live in a real world where big fish eats small fish. We are the top of the food chain. Hell, I have even hunted for food with bow and arrow. Go cry me a river if you cant handle it. History has also shown that animal offerings play a huge role in culture and ways of life. I hope you never eat meat if that stuff bugs you, becuase i will tell you right now. Every piece of chicken you eat, comes from a chick whos wings are broken, beak chopped off and thrown into a large pool of half dead and alive baby chicks, then to a conver belt then to a cage where they grow up and die to become your lunch. Cry me a river if you cant face reality.

Byuakuya said:
Thats a bit over the top. Sure we kill animals everyday for food and resources, but for an advert is kind of sad.

Is it? Was it really an advertisement... or what is a promoparty. I remember one promo event i went to had naked playboy models swimming around in giant martini glasses, another one had people sword fighting in a ring.

Have you ever seen those dare shows? Shows like fear factor where they dare you to eat worms, buffalo penis or pig nuts? Or those people that eat fish raw. How about going to asia and watching them pull a cat out of a cage, slit its throat and cook it up.

The point is, they were in GREECE, its not uncommon to have a dead goat in greece. Think of the culture and location. The event was put together by a greek group. They bought an already dead goat from a butcher. How is this different from going to your local butcher market and asking for a full pig even if you dont plan on eating it? Its all about perspective and respect of culture and theme.

There is nothing sick or wrong about what they did. For all you know, someone after the party took it home and ate it. Reality is something people need to learn to accept. Too many hypocrites out there whining about this or that, when they support it by buying whatever they complain about in packaged form.

Shiftfallout said:
Is it? Was it really an advertisement... or what is a promoparty. I remember one promo event i went to had naked playboy models swimming around in giant martini glasses, another one had people sword fighting in a ring.

Have you ever seen those dare shows? Shows like fear factor where they dare you to eat worms, buffalo penis or pig nuts? Or those people that eat fish raw. How about going to asia and watching them pull a cat out of a cage, slit its throat and cook it up.

The point is, they were in GREECE, its not uncommon to have a dead goat in greece. Think of the culture and location. The event was put together by a greek group. They bought an already dead goat from a butcher. How is this different from going to your local butcher market and asking for a full pig even if you dont plan on eating it? Its all about perspective and respect of culture and theme.

There is nothing sick or wrong about what they did. For all you know, someone after the party took it home and ate it. Reality is something people need to learn to accept. Too many hypocrites out there whining about this or that, when they support it by buying whatever they complain about in packaged form.
That was a slap across my face. I congradulate you for that. :thumbsup:

Shiftfallout said:
Having been places internationally, a dead goat means very little. Animals are a source of food and symbolism, we are carnivores.

That party looked great, i wish i was there. Topless girls, a dead sacrafictial goat, alcohol. Thats the best damn toga party ever. The thing is, God of war is a MATURE franchise, if you have played the game you would have seen a lot of death, blood, and boobs. After defeating the first level you get done with two topless woman. Then go and kill some more.

In asia they will chop up a cat for food or for fur, in every country they slaughter cows and chickens. Goats have always been used for offerings and still are to this day. Grow up and learn about the world, because the world certainly does not revolve around any one country.

Hell, when I heard about ozzy ozborne biting the head off a bat at his rock concert, i thought that was awsome as all hell. For all you know that goat could have already been dying, was in pain and put to sleep or was going to be cooked.

Some of You people are funny. I give who ever was running that events props for having the balls to do it. If sony really knew what was planned they probably wouldnt have sponsored it to be honest.
Possibly the most 'reality-check' filled post in this thread. I agree with every word man.

Back