SOTW #11 Applications

Byuakuya said:
Now we are at war Tarheel. :lol:
But anyway, I didn't even think about doing Nike or any other famous brand because I thought that they would have already been taken. I didn't want to finish a good Sig and then realise that someone else had already posted that brand, so I chose Vodafone (not too popular, in my opinion).

I actually thought about including yours and your sisters entries in my list...there were two reasons I didn't.

1. For both entries the logo was just too small IMO.
2. Since the logo is small the next thing I looked for was does the rest of the sig represent the product. Of course you can tell that they have glasses and a phone but if the logo was gone completely would you have a clue what the focus of the sig was? Take Birdhouse for example...the birdhouse logo isn't much bigger than yours, but if you take it away its clear that it is a skateboarding sig, so with birdhouse it becomes a good skateboarding product advertisement. Yours is actually clearer on this point than your sisters but they looked so similar in style that i didn't think I could include yours and not include your sisters.

Yours actually fit the theme this week though, More of a clear brand advertise ment like a billboard is what i was aiming for. (see my sig)

Sorry Don't hate me. :lol: This week is just weird...I chose a difficult topic with grand ideas in mind.

Would anyone do anything different if I were an advertising exec scouting talent for my next major marketing campaign?

I'M NOT!!! But maybe that will change your thinking a bit

Demon, yes Capcom would fit, Since ResEvil is one of their most well known products fitting a capcom logo on there would better fit the theme.

tarheelsuperman said:
Sorry Don't hate me. :lol: This week is just weird...I chose a difficult topic with grand ideas in mind.
I was just kidding around. :lol:
Yeah, no problem. The "brand logos" was a nice topic, but I guess most of us had a different idea to what you had in mind. :lol:

Yes, it is logo-related, so shut up. :p

icecreamclothingpw7.png

The logo is the ice cream dude. My entire sig isn't based around a logo/brand, but features one. Pharrell Williams, the guy in the sig, is the creator of the brand, so it's all relevant. How is it?

Last edited:
Likin the shoe sig better, KC. Much more original, even if not as technically hard.

ssbb_lover said:
Likin the shoe sig better, KC. Much more original, even if not as technically hard.
Thanks a lot ssbb. I'm liking this one more than the other, tho.

Last edited:
KCBlack said:
Yes, it is logo-related, so shut up. :p

icecreamclothingpw7.png

The logo is the ice cream dude. My entire sig isn't based around a logo/brand, but features one. Pharrell Williams, the guy in the sig, is the creator of the brand, so it's all relevant. How is it?

Man I'm with Ty on this one, I thought the converse one was nice. This one is just so so to me. I can see where it is more complicated but it just doesn't stand out like the converse entry.

tarheelsuperman said:
Man I'm with Ty on this one, I thought the converse one was nice. This one is just so so to me. I can see where it is more complicated but it just doesn't stand out like the converse entry.
True; but then again, we all know that everyone just votes for shininess and pretty colors...Yay, a nickel!

*grumbles back to photoshop*

Could we all define brand a bit more?

Like could we consider resident evil as a brand or something?

I need to go through and make a list of the current entries, but I'm too lazy. While we wait for someone else to get around to doing it, here's my entry:

NikeShoe_banner.png

And no, that is not a shoe render.

tarheelsuperman said:
Hmm... so the other one was better? That must mean this one sucks because the other one was considerably "bad". :( Should I chose one of the two I've made or just make a whole new one all together? And what about this one was bad? The colors, effects? Now that two people have told me they liked the first one, I'm split.

Back