SSBB Is online and that's final

Monsteroids said:
It isn't like hes demonstrating or really ever confirming the functionality.
Hence me saying originally:
me said:
@Shoko. I think you're right that they will be online in Brawl, as we haven't heard anything otherwise, however, those quotes seem like they're taken last year (recognising them from the E3 '06 cooldown period). Things can change whilst in development of games. Though I do feel that online would be a positive thing in this instance, although I'd want it to be completely flawless. And i think some of the common sense reasons are a bit farfetched. It's fair enough saying what it should be if Nintendo knows what's good for them, but in the end, only they know what online entails in the creation of Brawl. If it's not perfect, they may as well scrap it (or at least have a download for it later).

We're not at polar opposites on this, I'm merely stating that there is a possibility of online play.

Wasn't Metroid delayed, or was it Mario Party? Something... But people thought it was to include online play, but nooooooooooooooooooo, no online play. But yea, probably online play for SSBB.. hopefully.

but the whole reason ssbb was created was for multiplayer....

the fact that it was delayed jsut shows that they had problems cause nintendo's new to online gaming(i think my theory prevails)

"My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

Link to proof: http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

i think that's good enough to say it's goin gto be online

Last edited:
So why shouldn't SSBB be online??

Well we have many proofs that it will be supported with online feature, so I don't see how can you have doubts people..

"As far as Wi-Fi play is concerned, Sakurai has confirmed some functionality."

"My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

After that it would be a very stupid move from Nintendo to say that SSBB will not be online.

I don't think that Nintendo wants to destroy all of our expectations trough the possible online feature in this game, by not being added.. they want this to be a great game.

yea, it would be a stupid move cause
1) that would mean they lied
2) they would have millions of disappointed fans.
3) itll decrease sales

i still havent heard anyone give reasons why it wont be online. i wonder why......

Shoko said:
yea, it would be a stupid move cause
1) that would mean they lied
2) they would have millions of disappointed fans.
3) itll decrease sales

i still havent heard anyone give reasons why it wont be online. i wonder why......

For god sake shoko, you don't work in the producing team for SSBB do you?

>.<

You want a reason?

online isn't confirmed, good enough I would say:)

It is likely online will be in it but hasnt been confirmed yet. .

If I'm not mistaken, online gameplay for Brawl was confirmed at last years E3...

Whats all the fuss about?

not exactly a reason <_<. its not online cause its not confirmed?
it really has been confirmed, considering the quotes. its like red steel 2. ubisoft hasnt announced it, but they have articles out that tell about wat they are doing for red steel 2. which means there will be a #2

@ leve: nobodys fussin, except monsteroidz

wow Shoko, you just pwned everybody (who dosent believe that its online). good points, reasons, and quotes

Cpt.McCloud said:
For god sake shoko, you don't work in the producing team for SSBB do you?

>.<

You want a reason?

online isn't confirmed, good enough I would say:)

It is likely online will be in it but hasnt been confirmed yet. .

"As far as Wi-Fi play is concerned, Sakurai has confirmed some functionality."

uhh yeah......

Regan said:
wow Shoko, you just pwned everybody (who dosent believe that its online). good points, reasons, and quotes
thx.

pplprsn said:
i... i love you...
:scared: okaaaaay................thanks i guess lol

mushroomedmario said:
uhh yeah......
LOL!

Dewy_Fan93 said:
thx shoko i give you rep i was wondering if it was online
No prob. Thx for the rep

Back