Starting Roster Officially Revealed

He probably won't be revealed on the DOJO until the game is already out since he is an unlockable

GigaR, I totally missed the moveset you posted a page back. It is freaking awesome, and if he's in the game, I would love it. Unfortunately, do to his lack of popularity, I don't think he'll make the cut this time around. Maybe next time?

ssbb_lover said:
GigaR, I totally missed the moveset you posted a page back. It is freaking awesome, and if he's in the game, I would love it. Unfortunately, do to his lack of popularity, I don't think he'll make the cut this time around. Maybe next time?
You're probably right, I don't have any delusions that he has a REALLY good chance of being in the game, but I wouldn't be that surprised to see him. If not this time, then definately the next.

Last edited:
I think that there is still some chance that you can choose Zero Suit Samus as a starting character. I mean what about if you want to use her in a game without smashballs?

Famitsu counted both her and Shiek as separate characters, so there could still be a possibility that you can choose them at start(kinda doubtful for Shiek though)

Chewy said:
I think that there is still some chance that you can choose Zero Suit Samus as a starting character. I mean what about if you want to use her in a game without smashballs?

Famitsu counted both her and Shiek as separate characters, so there could still be a possibility that you can choose them at start(kinda doubtful for Shiek though)

Maybe as sort of like a costume thing where you choose Samus, but like if you go through her costumes you could choose her.

Chewy said:

I think your right, I bet you can choose which version of Samus you want to play as on the character select screen

I'm thinking more like how wario has 2 seperate costumes (warioware and classic)
You would select samus, press y, and it would switch to ZS Samus.

Chewy said:

Bound to happen...just like in melee you're allowed to start as sheik by holding certain buttons as the game begins.

Goes along with how can you decide what pokemon to start with when using pokemon trainer...I thought it'd always be squirtle, but in a video the guy starts with charizard, so there's probably a choice involved.

Druidan said:
*SIGH*

It was in the Famitsu Japanese Magazine. They revealed the Starting roster which they said was 23 characters. The Characters they show for the starting roster included ZSS and Sheik as seperate characters, -even though- they are part of already existing characters. They do not (likely) appear as their own selectable character, it's just that they were counted individually by Famitsu.
OH! lol ok that makes alot more sense. sorry about that

Back