Stop slating the Ps3

hotpotato78 said:
Well said ssbb_lover lmao
Thanks....no one posted for a day, so I guess I shut his mouth. :lol:

And it's 'ssbb_lover', not Ssbm lover. :wink:

Nintendo have fallen short. PS3 utilises nintendo's every mistake.
Ps3 is much better than the wii but i like to hope otherwise

mk_south_london said:
Nintendo have fallen short. PS3 utilises nintendo's every mistake.
Ps3 is much better than the wii but i like to hope otherwise
What? That didn't even make since. Of course everything the Wii lacks the PS3 makes up for....AND VICE VERSA.

Wii = bad graphics
PS3 = exceptional graphics

Wii = new hot controller
PS3 = ~ new hot controller

Wii = E-T audience
PS3 = T-M audience

Wii = Tons of exclusive best-selling titles
PS3 = ~ Tons of exclusive best-selling titles

They counter-balance each other...essentially, THAT IS the nature of gaming.

damn ssbb lover....damn right to that. this forum needs more people like you; people who know wat theyre talkin about. brain, ur an a** man. the ps3 lost the first day it came out. and yea, ps3s will fly ff shelves for holiday season, but guess what dumbass? SO IS THE WII! the wii is flyin off shelves now and it still will all the way till and during holiday season, maybe even after that.

Shoko said:
damn ssbb lover....damn right to that. this forum needs more people like you; people who know wat theyre talkin about. brain, ur an a** man. the ps3 lost the first day it came out. and yea, ps3s will fly ff shelves for holiday season, but guess what dumbass? SO IS THE WII! the wii is flyin off shelves now and it still will all the way till and during holiday season, maybe even after that.
Uhh, thanks. I think, lol.

Of course, when the PS3 starts flying off shelves, the Wii is going to fly off shelves twice as fast, despite the fact they're ALREADY flying off the shelves. Pretty easy logic:

PS3 at Christmas = good buy

Wii at Christmas = better buy

ssbb_lover said:
PS3 at Christmas = good buy

Wii at Christmas = better buy

definately.

The ps3 is one of those things you buy for yourself, not much of a christmas present unless you get spoiled or have someone in your family willing to drop 500-600 bucks on you for a single present. To note the PS3 is probably not good for some age groups.

The Wii is much cheaper, affordable for christmas buyers and can be given to just about anyone.

Shiftfallout said:
The ps3 is one of those things you buy for yourself, not much of a christmas present unless you get spoiled or have someone in your family willing to drop 500-600 bucks on you for a single present. To note the PS3 is probably not good for some age groups.

The Wii is much cheaper, affordable for christmas buyers and can be given to just about anyone.

No, that's wrong, you don't have to be rich and spoiled to afford a PS3, I know you are generalizing, but you still not point that out. :zzz:

On track:

Boy, at Christmas, I didn't get the Wii. I thought stores would have it buy the end of January...I was very wrong. I assumed the Christmas rush would be over and stores would be stocking up for a while. Turns out, the stores were still empty and the phase was still going. However, PS3s were still in stock, (I still see the inside the glass cases were the keep Wii Play) and going nowhere. Now, I'm not against the PS3, I think each system has equal benefits and flaws. I believe both consoles are equally popular.

ssbb_lover said:
Thanks....no one posted for a day, so I guess I shut his mouth. :lol:

And it's 'ssbb_lover', not Ssbm lover. :wink:

my bad lmao i dont know why i make mistakes like that...... the thing is i double checked with your name and still mess it up even though i'm use to seeing you around the thread......... i will edit it rite now

But Ssbb_lover is a balance forum chatter if i must say myself. he often tends to give flaws of both parties and not blindly stick to one party's side. So he knows his stuff. I'm am similiar to this, i give props where props are due and not to over exaggerate the fact....... Keep doing the do mann. But the wii will win this in the long hall. no doubt

Last edited:
hotpotato78 said:
my bad lmao i dont know why i make mistakes like that...... the thing is i double checked with your name and still mess it up even though i'm use to seeing you around the thread......... i will edit it rite now
Np, it's cool. :D (you might want to try copy and paste)
hotpotato78 said:
But Ssbb_lover is a balance forum chatter if i must say myself. he often tends to give flaws of both parties and not blindly stick to one party's side. So he knows his stuff. I'm am similiar to this, i give props where props are due and not to over exaggerate the fact....... Keep doing the do mann. But the wii will win this in the long hall. no doubt
Thanks, that's what I try to do. I appreciate the love. :D And I agree, Wii will kick the PS3 on its ass, and bring the 360 to it's knees.

Like anything, even if all the options are great, one IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER. In this case it just so happens to be the Wii. :/

You welcome. Power to ssbb_lover(lets start a riot) just messing around but yes the wii will win this especially in the 08 year... Nintendo is going to get the huge variety developers just like they had with the SNES(had alot of games) and N64. Nintendo is breaking out of their shell so they will win when they fully hatch. There will always be the few that will never be on nintendo side(sorry for you losers) lol... But if the wii had the same graphics as the PS3 and 360 it would have to be sold for at least $1000..... Then the developers would have two tasks:

1) running the game at 1080p
2)finding ways to use the wiimote with the games.

well definitely see who will win because i stood up for nintendo long enough.

Last edited:
ok, the reason i don't like the ps3, is because the wii has evrything necessary that the ps3 has. I mean let's make a list.

Ps3 has:
Bluray
HD
Music Storage
Video Storage
Picture Storage
Motion Sensor Controller
Bluetooth
Playstation Games
Online Play
PSP interaction
PlayStation Store
$600 pricetag
(taken from NY Krakroks' post in another thread)

Ok, well before i got my Wii, i would play the Ps3 when i was at walmart. And the first time i played it i went "Wow! those graphics are amazing!" but i only really cared for like 5 minutes. And when i look at zelda TP on my wii, it seems to have just as good graphics as NBA Live 07 on the Ps3. The truth of the matter is, the HD graphics are a plus, but really only for the first 5 minutes. Also, the Bluray storage only allows more storage space for the HD Graphics, and plays some movies that are already out on DvD. So the Bluray and HD games don't really help it that much... Moving on to the Music/video/picture storage, I have to admit, this is a bonus for the ps3, but the Wii has picture storage, and my iPod has the other two. My iPod cost $175, and 600-(250+175)= $175 more dollars that i don't want to pay.

Motion Sens. Contr. This is what, in my opinion, rockets the Wii ahead of the Ps3...So you can't count this as bonus for the Ps3, And Wii also uses bluetooth

On to games, i'll admit, there are a lot more, better games for Ps3 than Wii, but you just wait...a lot more games are coming out for the Wii... Online play is coming out for wii too.

PSP Interaction:This is basically copying Nintendo, but i'm not going to play that part...Anyway, DS interacts with the Wii, so no extra points there. And the Wii shop channel equals out the PlayStation store.

So all in all, the only significant thing that makes the Ps3 in competition with the wii is it's mulimedia storage. Which, when i got my wii, i already had my iPod, but i understand some ppl may not have one. Now i understand the whole big thing is about having every feature in one machine, but is it really worth the extra $175?

I think the Ps3 is waaaay overpriced. If ur obsessed with HD gaming, get a 360...at least then u'll have halo 3... And if ur into fun gaming, get a wii (if u still want the music and video storage, u can get an iPod...which you can take with you in the car) but if u want HD and are obsessed with getting it with multimedia storage all in one package, and are willing to pay $175 more than necessary...get a Ps3...but for now, i'm fine with my Wii.

P.S. this is my first major post. Being new, i don't really get what fanboyism is... and if this post has fanboyism in it, some1 let me know and i'll try to avoid it next time...

Kanfayo you did nothing of the fanboy nature. You are sort of like me and ssbb_lover. You didnt fully take the side of no one. Now if you just was sucking up to one system then you would be heading into the fanboy catergory. Dont worry about that fannoy thing. Just focus on being you and try not to be to bias and agrue foolishly but also keep a mind of your own. Nice post though.

That's me. I take no side but rather find good points in each console being compared.

Back