Super Smash Bros. 4

Dr. Mario and Delfino Islander as costumes for Mario, OoT Link, Hyrule Warriors Link, Melee Fox, Toon Ganandorf. Just some ideas.

I had a list of Alts I wanted for PM
Don't know where that is now but I want them

Here are some off the top of my head:

Vanguard Ike
Metroid Fusion Zero Suit Samus
Fusion Samus
Super Metroid Samus (Classic Samus)

Awakening Spoiler
I think it might be possible for us to get a Lucina Alt for Marth. After all she calls herself Marth.
Play the game Karp

Links or it didn't happen

Sure thing.
links.png

Joking aside, since Famitsu isn't available online (as far as I know), it's only available through print in Japan, or in the book "What Masahiro Sakurai Thinks About Making Video Games" (Japanese:桜井政博のゲームを作って思うこと)
Here's the scan of said quote, right next to the picture with Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf.

IMG - Copy.jpg
Here's a translation of that said portion:

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl"'s Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf

These 3 figures don't appear in the main story of the game's "Subspace Emissary" story mode. This was because we made them because time allowed, if the game's production became more complicated, they were planned on being cut.

This also makes sense because they were the final characters revealed for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's interesting to see how Jigglypuff almost didn't make it into the game, despite being a 64 veteran. Therefore I believe it is safe to assume that Jigglypuff's "Veteran" status doesn't guarantee it a spot on the roster.

As for skins, I personally want to see Young Link for Toon Link, Mario character's outfits from different games (i. e. their costumes in Mario Party 2, their sports uniforms in Mario Strikers), Dark Pit, Protoman or maybe Zero for Mega Man, Justin Bailey Samus, the Super Punch Out! protagonist for Mac, perhaps other Sonic characters like Shadow for Sonic, Daisy for Peach, Alph, Brittany, Charlie, Louie, and the President for Olimar, Super Kong and DK Jor. for Donkey Kong, and that's really all I can think of.

Talking about characters is cool and all, but can we talk about other stuff, like the soundtrack and stages sometime?

I'm sorry for the late post, I was busy this past week and couldn't really type up a response.

Though now Jigglypuff is more than just a simple vet
She has perfect attendance over 3 games.
That counts for something

I believe it is safe to assume that Jigglypuff's "Veteran" status doesn't guarantee it a spot on the roster.

Ya've made a valid argument. I still believe Jiggles' chances of returning are almost literally 99%, but my mind wouldn't be blown if Jiggles didn't continue her trend of perfect attendance. If they were close to cutting a two-time veteran for time constraints, who's to say they wouldn't do so for a three-timer? Veterans ain't safe if both fan popularity and Sakurai's appreciation of said character is palpably low (and also time constraints).

Though the Fairy Typing does help
It is the premier Fairy Type to be in Smash considering it has a moveset

Though if Jiggly were to make it in, I don't doubt Sakurai would change her moveset.

As far as I know, Jigglypuff doesn't have much to take advantage of her new STAB with.

I'd also like to point out that Melee came out after Gen. 2 and before Gen. 3, but there wasn't a Dark or Steel type rep. in Melee to promote the new typing.

On that note of Fairies though, would Sylveon make a good newcomer? It's got the new type, and I think it'll make an interesting quadruped character, assuming Ivysaur gets axed. Could just be me though. I personally would choose Gardevoir if we're talking fairies though, since it seems the easiest to transfer into a fighter, with a moveset akin to it in Pokemon Type Wild but with Fairy type attacks. Too bad it's a Pokeball. Makes me wonder how many Pokemon reps there's gonna be, with loads of characters in the franchise. Assuming it's the same as the Mario franchise (5 at this point), it could be either M2, Jiggles, or something out of nowhere.

As far as I know, Jigglypuff doesn't have much to take advantage of her new STAB with.

^

It could be done (surely she learns at least one Fairy-type move that'd fit 'er moar than Rollout), but Jiggles is hardly a good representative for the Fairy-type.

On that note of Fairies though, would Sylveon make a good newcomer? It's got the new type, and I think it'll make an interesting quadruped character, assuming Ivysaur gets axed.

I wouldn't say so. The thing with Ivysaur is that its vines allow it to completely defy the typical limitations of a quadrupedal 'mon, with a variety of interesting attacks coming from its bulb to mix things up further. Sylveon lacks any distinguishing features that would give it an eye-catching moveset.

I personally would choose Gardevoir if we're talking fairies

Gardevoir would definitely fit in needz moar Gallade. Humanshape Pokemon are a joke to come up with a moveset for. Count in the Ralts lines' Psychic powers and very varied moveset, you've boundless moveset potential. 'Cept for Ralts.

[STRIKE]But Whimsicott would be better. ♪[/STRIKE]

I don't think Brittany has any chance for being a alt character, since she was recently revealed as a Trophy.
And I don't see those Mario costumes happening either, although it would be really cool.

But Metroid Fusion Zero Suit Samus & Justing Bailey Samus are... Dayumn :3

And didn't we kinda have Super Kong and Dark Pit already?

Oh and if both M2 and Jiggly don't make the game, I keep my Sceptile theory :p (Seems like a bigger chance than Sylveon for sure)

Last edited:

Such things have never stopped Sakurai before. Zelda uses different variants of Link's OoT spells for the majority of her special moves. Ness can not actually learn PK Fire or Thunder in Earthbound but was given those moves for Smash because they fit the game better than Ness's actual abilities. Point being Jigglypuff could just be given a few Fairy-type moves she can't learn for Smash.

Though to be honest I don't think Jigglypuff will change all that much. She might get only one special attack changed, but on a personal note I'd like her to get something like Hyper Voice or Disarming Voice as a smash attack since it fits her status as a "singer" more.

A move with decent range could be very interesting for Jigglypuff, cause it might just change her whole playstyle.

Though to be honest I don't think Jigglypuff will change all that much. She might get only one special attack changed, but on a personal note I'd like her to get something like Hyper Voice or Disarming Voice as a smash attack since it fits her status as a "singer" more.
Wouldn't it make more sense to replace her old Up-Special, Sing, with something like that?

Back