Super Smash Bros. 4

Jiggles' Up-B is literally her trademark move (... even though rest is moar famous, thnx mango), that ain't happening any time soon... unless the developers are desperate to give Jiggles a decent Up-B to the point where they don't even try to buff it. But I find that unlikely, since it is indeed her trademark. Can ya imagine Mario without Fireballs?

This also makes sense because they were the final characters revealed for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's interesting to see how Jigglypuff almost didn't make it into the game, despite being a 64 veteran. Therefore I believe it is safe to assume that Jigglypuff's "Veteran" status doesn't guarantee it a spot on the roster.
You're right, sadly. "Guarantee" is a very strong word. I've always agreed that it's not a guarantee, but still a very, very probable chance, as Dirge said.

I wouldn't say so. The thing with Ivysaur is that its vines allow it to completely defy the typical limitations of a quadrupedal 'mon, with a variety of interesting attacks coming from its bulb to mix things up further. Sylveon lacks any distinguishing features that would give it an eye-catching moveset.
It has the feelers, which I don't believe are used for combat normally...wouldn't be a huge stretch, though.

Oh and if both M2 and Jiggly don't make the game, I keep my Sceptile theory :p (Seems like a bigger chance than Sylveon for sure)
...that's actually plausible now, with ORAS...I still doubt it.

Such things have never stopped Sakurai before. Zelda uses different variants of Link's OoT spells for the majority of her special moves. Ness can not actually learn PK Fire or Thunder in Earthbound but was given those moves for Smash because they fit the game better than Ness's actual abilities. Point being Jigglypuff could just be given a few Fairy-type moves she can't learn for Smash.
Doubtful, that's never been done before, Sakurai seems to enjoy sticking to moves Pokemon actually learn when it comes to the playable Pokemon. Pikachu hasn't been able to learn Skull Bash for a while, but at the time of Smash 64's release -- in generation II -- it could, by transferring a Skull Bash Pikachu from RBY, so that doesn't count. Jigglypuff's Final Smash, Puff Up, and Lucario's Final Smash, Aura Storm, are not actual attacks in the Pokemon series, they don't count either. Heck, there's not even a Pokemon move remotely similar to Puff Up.

Disarming Voice makes a lot of sense on Jiggs anyway, and Dazzling Gleam is easy to work with too.

Actually, I wonder how likely it is that Jiggs will get a new final smash relating to her fairy-type. Charizard's getting a Mega X final smash (although it was kind of required to get a new one due to Red's departure), Mega Lucario is probably Lucario's final smash. These final smashes of course reflect their new attributes in Gen VI. Pikachu gained nothing, so it will probably just keep Volt Tackle, but Jigglypuff did gain fairy-typing, as mentioned. While not as necessary to represent as Megazard and Megacario, it's still pretty notable.

Jigglypuff did gain a new type, so it's certainly possible.
Her trademark is still the same. Pound is the most likely to go, really.

Last edited:
As I look around there is I find more and more that the top female Pokémon that non-Pokémon fans know about is Jigglypuff.

... Sceptile's actually plausible now, with ORAS...

lolno

Pound is the most likely to go, really.

lolno

Pound is integral to Jiggles' recovery. If Pound goes her greatest strength is removed, and she'd likely need a new 'n improved Up-B. I don't see any veterans gettin' two notably changed/entirely new specials.

Looks like MR is hyped t' play For Glory.

he pointed out somefin on skype

[1:05:51 AM] Mr. MR: You know
If online is FD only I feel that Litttle Mac will be completely broken
[1:06:10 AM] Mr. MR: Though Sheid Grab would still destory him

and is now rocking a lil' mac avatar on there, implying that he desires to abuse his pawsibly fantastic ground game on final destination
how diabolical

he pointed out somefin on skype

[1:05:51 AM] Mr. MR: You know
If online is FD only I feel that Litttle Mac will be completely broken
[1:06:10 AM] Mr. MR: Though Sheid Grab would still destory him

and is now rocking a lil' mac avatar on there, implying that he desires to abuse his pawsibly fantastic ground game on final destination
how diabolical
Yeah I was thinking about doing that

I feel like Little Mac could turn out two ways
Really broken on FD or easily countered by Grabs and Up-Throws

I feel like Little Mac could turn out two ways
Really broken on FD or easily countered by Grabs and Up-Throws

The latter could certainly be true. I can't say for sure but it definitely looks like his grab attacks are exceptionally powerful just from the way they looked when he was hitting Marth in his reveal trailer. If this is the case Sakurai may "balance" that by reducing grab capability for power similar to how he traded recovery ability for power. This could definitely make him quite vulnerable. One thing I WILL call right now though: The players who hated Ike in Brawl are going to REALLY HATE Little Mac in Smash 4. Ike is seen as so "overpowered" in non-competitive play because of his easy KO's in 4-player casual matches, and Little Mac is going to be much worse about this.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlvaz0M1w

In other news what do you guys think about the mirror thing? He said "some" characters and since we've seen both the front and back view of Marth previously when he was announced I'm guessing he's not one of those characters, but I don't really get how all this runs together. Also, I'm really digging red Greninja.

I'm not too sure about that Little Mac announcement, since he doesn't seem like a character that everyone can easily master.
Though I can certainly see your point and it might be true, we'll see.

I guess he'll only be showing the characters with an interesting back, like Marth's cape.
I liked red Greninja at first, but now that I take another look at it... It doesn't really appeal to me anymore. Excited for the other colors though, like green.

Oh one thing I forgot to ask you guys that I'm not too sure about that you all probably know better than I do. It's been revealed that there will be both a Nintendo Digital Event (9AM PT) and then a one and a half hour long Super Smash Bros. developer discussion with Sakurai in the evening (I believe 7PM PT) on June 10th. Now I don't get what exactly this evening discussion is supposed to entail. Is it a Q&A type deal or more like another Smash Bros. direct?

Back