The Best FPS Experience

bruceleroy

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
Yea this thread should be called the most realistic FPS gaming experience. I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a debate. I have no problem w/ the mouse controls. I think it's real easy to use also. I just wanted to share how to get the most realistic FPS experience in a videogame. If you do want to try it, just make sure you're using the wiimote sitting down on your couch w/ your elbow resting on your knees, side, or pillow so you're arm doesn't get tired and so it'll be precise. Make sure that your tv is big, at least 55" or more. Don't sit too far or too close and make sure that the tv is on the same level as your couch so when you're pointing at a person on the screen it's like pointing at someone in real life.

Last edited:
well analog sticks suck but the mouse i say is still the easiest thing to use.

yes. yes i have, but a mouse is still the easiest to use in my opinion tho

i have tried it and it rocks. i tried mohh2. i have 52 inch lcd tv. its amazing.:crazy:

I have to agree. I found aiming in Metroid to be much quicker an easier than any other controller scheme I've previously used.

Atomheart said:
Nothing can compare to the precision, accuracy, and ease of use of a mouse.
yeah but its the original king of fps but wii comes very close. very close. certainely better than dual analog which is imo slow.

Im one of those who like dual analog better.

Mouse is very accurate and precise, but I dont like playing on PC's anymore, I got real tired of it. Plus people who tend to be hardcore PC players will always dominate all FPS games because aiming is always the same as long as the sensitivity is up. So its hard for newer players to get as good.

Dual Analog can be extremely fast aiming if you turn up the sensitivity also, it just takes a while to get used to it.

Wii is fun, but its fun in a arcade kind of way. Its not as precise and its jerky. So if I have to pick its Analog, Mouse then Wii. Even though I know Mouse+Keyboard is best, its just my preference.

T3kNi9e said:
Im one of those who like dual analog better.

Mouse is very accurate and precise, but I dont like playing on PC's anymore, I got real tired of it. Plus people who tend to be hardcore PC players will always dominate all FPS games because aiming is always the same as long as the sensitivity is up. So its hard for newer players to get as good.

Dual Analog can be extremely fast aiming if you turn up the sensitivity also, it just takes a while to get used to it.

Wii is fun, but its fun in a arcade kind of way. Its not as precise and its jerky. So if I have to pick its Analog, Mouse then Wii. Even though I know Mouse+Keyboard is best, its just my preference.

in what games is the wiimote jerky. dont say redsteel and crap like taht. have u tried mohh2?

Nah, its not the games its just the Wii-mote. It doesnt jerk alot, but it does a little. Also since it is pretty precise your moves alot since its practically impossible to keep your hand completely still. But with a mouse/analog, you can keep still easy.

I still like the Wii-mote aiming alot, but its more of a entertaining/easy fun. Im more into competitive/hard fun and I really dont see myself getting competitive having to aim with a Wii-mote the whole time.

I'm pretty sure holding a wii remote still in the comfort of your living room is easier than holding a gun still in the heat of battle.

Just saying :wink:

You guys won't get why the wiimote is the best, even better than a mouse unless you have a really big tv. Shooting with the wiimote is like shooting a gun when you have a big tv except a gun is heavier, louder, and shakes alot. A mouse doesn't even give you an experience similar to holding a gun. I've tried all of em, even the real thing.

bruceleroy said:
You guys won't get why the wiimote is the best, even better than a mouse unless you have a really big tv. Shooting with the wiimote is like shooting a gun when you have a big tv except a gun is heavier, louder, and shakes alot. A mouse doesn't even give you an experience similar to holding a gun. I've tried all of em, even the real thing.

But the Wiimote is not as precise, accurate, sensitive, or comfortable as a mouse.

Neither is a gun.

A mouse is too perfect, in my honest opinion.

Back