The Best Selling Games of 2008 – Early Predictions that you can take to the Bank

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
We are not even a sixth of the way into the year 2008 but it's never to early to speculate what the big popular selling games are going be.

I will bet my entire NES collection that the following games are going to sell a heck of a lot of copies.

Wii Exclusives

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Lord knows this game has enough hype surrounding it. I sort of liked the previous Gamecube and N-64 games but this game is going to sell more copies than cups lemonade in the desert.

MarioKart Wii
Pretty much every single Mario Kart game has been a big hit and this one defiantly will as well.

PS3 Exclusives

Gran Turismo 5
When this game finally ships driving fans with PS3s will line up for this one.

Little Big Planet
It’s looking like a very innovating and creative game.

Metal Gear Solid IV
The fog of hype surrounding this game make Star Wars look like an film festival flick. It better deliver.

X360/PS3 dual releases

Brutal Legend
The combined awesomeness of Double Fine and Jack Black is going to deliver the most metal game ever.

Grand Theft Auto IV
Regardless how the game turns out millions of this game are going to be made and sold. Here is hoping that the delay was worth it. Given the fact that Rockstar has so much money riding on this game I can’t imagine it’s going to be anything less than awesome. I love the fact that despite being heralded as a symbol of a supposed decline of American culture and the corrupting of our innocence, most of the Grand Theft Auto games were made in Scotland and aren’t American at all..

Madden NFL 2009
They could take the same game as last year, change the names on the jerseys and it would sell millions of copies.

FIFA 2009
Same thing with the rest of the world and their love of “real football”, for many gamers outside of North America soccer games are the defining must have games.

Rockband song packs
Before Rockband shipped there was a lot of talk as the game being a “Music Platform” and there were plans to have separate discs with songs from major artists like the Beatles and Led Zeppelin. This would solve a gripe that I have with Rock Band, being it very difficult to find people that have the same DLC song content as you and actually play them. I love the idea of having song booster packs and if there was a collection of them on a disc it would be tight.

Xbox 360 Exclusives

Ninja Gaiden 2
Oh man this game is looking sweet. Plus it has ninjas flipping out and killing people on a massive bloody scale.

Fable 2
It’s looking like a mind-blowing simulated adventure game. It’s got multiplayer co-op and a rich world that personally is much more entertaining than some damn MMORPG. Fable was one of the best Xbox one games ever made, despite not being a Legend of Zelda game,

Gears of War 2
it is simply the next big FPS shooter of the 2008 holiday season, plus it has more chainsaws. I would bet money that Gears of War 3 is also on the drawing boards over at Epic/Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised to see Epic and Microsoft get even closer if you know what I mean.

Big games that I think are going to flop

Guitar Hero : Aerosmith
Hard core Guitar Hero fans would buy it simply because it’s more Guitar Hero but it looks pretty tired. I don’t know if there are any hardcore Aerosmith fans that are also hard core gamers. I would rather have a 360 version of Guitar Hero Encore : Rocks the 80s. I think this game is going to signal the slow decent into mediocrity and blandness for the series. I would pay for a disc based song pack for Rockband but I am not going to pay $60 for a Guitar Hero game with nothing but Aerosmith.

nice list. i agree about the aerosmith thing

linkage

Haha the game I predict will sell the most isn't even on that list... Wii Fit

Despite the casual crowd and how much they will love Wii Fit, that won't sell nearly as much as Brawl will here in North America. Brawl will so a lot of copies, its crazy.

brawl won't be a very successful game.

...it's going to be the succesful game.

I think AeroSmith is for wii too becasue when I got GH3 3 days Ago The Guy asked me if I wanted to reserve it. Becasue its going to be limted edition and very hard to get

Lawl, Aerosmith.

Hopefully they get all their new and most bestest songs evar... like Pink! Weeee!

(that was sarcasm btw)

nic7 said:
Brawl sold 1.3 million in Japan in 3 weeks..

People in Japan ain't as fat as people in the U.S. The U.S. is always looking for the next quick fix in dieting/excercise. If sales in the U.S. surpass Brawl don't be surprised.

Caliko said:
People in Japan ain't as fat as people in the U.S. The U.S. is always looking for the next quick fix in dieting/excercise. If sales in the U.S. surpass Brawl don't be surprised.

But you also must realize that it'll be much more costly and difficult to churn out copies of Wii Fit in comparison to Brawl. I imagine that Nintendo will have the same kind of trouble meeting demand with Wii Fit that they do with the Wii itself.

I don't see them having as much trouble with Brawl saying as it's just a disc inside a case.. not a high tech board put inside a large box..

But, I do agree that Wii Fit will still sell rather well in the States due to approximately like 2/3 of our population being considered overweight or obese.. I imagine the media will be all over it..

Of course, I still think Brawl will outsell Wii Fit..

Back