The have you seen me online thread.

I'm used to it now, but every new game takes some getting used to.

Ain't that the truth.

BTW, anyone seen me? My screen name is Bosco Rivera. I am rarely online, but I do try to get in the odd bunch of games to keep trying to level up. Back in the day, I was a monster on Goldeneye for Nintendo 64 and then Perfect Dark. Haven't played any online FPS games since then. I feel like I'm still learning the game. I'm Level 30 now, if I remember correctly. Been playing GE since last xmas, but didn't start playing the online multiplayer mode until July or so.

Ain't that the truth.

BTW, anyone seen me? My screen name is Bosco Rivera. I am rarely online, but I do try to get in the odd bunch of games to keep trying to level up. Back in the day, I was a monster on Goldeneye for Nintendo 64 and then Perfect Dark. Haven't played any online FPS games since then. I feel like I'm still learning the game. I'm Level 30 now, if I remember correctly. Been playing GE since last xmas, but didn't start playing the online multiplayer mode until July or so.

Same here.

I've only been playing since the middle of summer, both online and single-player and I'm already level 31.:ciappa:

I got this game for xmas...last year... and am just now only 45k from lvl 52. Granted, I didn't get to play for about 5 of those months because of my work schedule. It's grind time...

Just leveled up to 51, in about a week i'll exact my revenge on all of the masty spammers I've been seeing lately.

Wish I could. Just got Skyward Sword (the new Zelda game), and my T.V. has been taken up by my sisters a lot lately, so I may not be able to play Goldeneye again for a few months.:big smile:

And just so I have a reason to use the emotico: HADOUKEN!! :yelling:

Mod edit: No double posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, NOW I know what "masty" is. At first I thought it was just "nasty" misspelled. Now I realize it's short for Masterton. Yeah, once I get that thing, people are gonna die. Same goes for when I get the Ivana, the Strata, and the Thermal Scope. And maybe the Wolfe, depending on whether or not I can actually get good at using it (I've only gotten a kill streak once with it. Ever since then, I'm lucky to get a kill at all).

Sssshhhn, quiet you.
I'm still stuck with the sigmus 9.
One more lvl till the anova.

@RedCrow The Sigmus 9? Really? Dude, the Terralyte III is better than the Sigmus 9. If you only have one more level until the Anova, then you should have figured that out by now. Put a Reflex Sight on the Terralyte III and you have a heck of an assault rifle. As for SMGs, the Vargen and whichever one has the 40-round clip are considered the best two, at least before the strata is unlocked if nothing else.
@Yoshi777 The Masterton is pretty good, as is the Ivana, but I think they are pretty much tied, depending on circumstances. Masterton is best for shorter ranges, although it has a much larger range than the other shotguns due to its rapid-fire ability, allowing it to be pretty good at mid-range and even at long-range somewhat. It's also great for kill streaks, since nearly every shot or two kills someone if it hits. The Ivana is better for accuracy, and thus for mid-range and long-range (some people are even really good with it at short-range), but it doesn't grant a kill as often in some cases, meaning you are more likely to get kill streaks if most of your kills are at mid-range or long-range. You also have to reload more often due to the amount of bullets that are often fired by the time the target is killed, so you are left vulnerable more often. It basically depends on what you are best with, what you prefer, and how you are doing at the time. Sometimes I do better with certain guns, whereas sometimes I do better with other guns in the same situation. It mostly depends on preference and skill.

@Yoshi777 The Masterton is pretty good, as is the Ivana, but I think they are pretty much tied, depending on circumstances. Masterton is best for shorter ranges, although it has a much larger range than the other shotguns due to its rapid-fire ability, allowing it to be pretty good at mid-range and even at long-range somewhat. It's also great for kill streaks, since nearly every shot or two kills someone if it hits. The Ivana is better for accuracy, and thus for mid-range and long-range (some people are even really good with it at short-range), but it doesn't grant a kill as often in some cases, meaning you are more likely to get kill streaks if most of your kills are at mid-range or long-range. You also have to reload more often due to the amount of bullets that are often fired by the time the target is killed, so you are left vulnerable more often. It basically depends on what you are best with, what you prefer, and how you are doing at the time. Sometimes I do better with certain guns, whereas sometimes I do better with other guns in the same situation. It mostly depends on preference and skill.

you should also consider the ammo for each gun as well. To me the masterton runs out of ammo much faster than any other gun, and at times I have more fun using my Wolfe on archives rather than my masterton.

@RedCrow The Sigmus 9? Really? Dude, the Terralyte III is better than the Sigmus 9. If you only have one more level until the Anova, then you should have figured that out by now. Put a Reflex Sight on the Terralyte III and you have a heck of an assault rifle. As for SMGs, the Vargen and whichever one has the 40-round clip are considered the best two, at least before the strata is unlocked if nothing else.

The terra is about the same as the sigmus 9 actually. they way i see it (i could be wrong), the terra gives a bit more damage perclip, but the sigmus shoots faster. Also i like the sound a silent sigmus makes.That said i do switch back between those two most of the time.

As for the vargen, it has no range nor accuracy. The stauger is okay, but too slow for my taste. In any case neither beats out either the sigmus9 or the terra.

@RedCrow Wanna bet? I found out my friend was really good with the Stauger, and he has a heck of a reputation for other similar things, so I tried it and began doing even better than before (Reflex Sight on of course). I finally got the Vargen, and although you may think it has no range or accuracy, it's actually better than you think. It has a REALLY high rate of fire, the biggest clip of all the guns in the game, is even better with the Reflex Sight equipped (Silencer for Conflict, Golden Gun, or other free-for-all modes), and is basically a really good gun to have. The Sigmus 9 is good, its power is lower, its clip is smaller, and its accuracy is worse as well. The rate of fire is the only thing better about it, and rate of fire doesn't exactly tell you how well you can kill people. After all, I have unloaded a whole clip from the normal Sigmus (not the Sigmus 9) on a guy and he still lived to kill me while I reloaded. I can take out somebody else in maybe ten shots with the Terralyte. Heck, I've done better with the AK-47 than I have with the Sigmus. And I can CERTAINLY do better with the Stouger or Vargen than I can with the Sigmus 9. I've actually pulled a nine-kill-streak with the HAWKSMAN. A FREAKING PISTOL. IN INDUSTRIAL. IN HEROES MODE. Sometimes, it's how you use the gun. And sometimes, it really is just the gun. Sorry I went off on a tangent that began to make little sense. XD

Back