the official confession booth... deep dark secrets

Pretty sure it is a natural high. Your body releases natural painkillers when in pain.

But yeah, I'd never do it. Pretty messed up IMO. Just smoke some weed if you wanna get high, it's better for you :lol:

It's called masturbation... Completely legal too.

The cutters i've talked to said they do it because it's the one thing in their life they can control. Also that the physical pain takes away from the emotional pain.

If you're angry, take it out on your cat or something, why yourself? Plus whoever you end up with is going to have to live with your arms looking ugly. And everyone else hates you.

Love is not a biological instinct, it's an environmental factor. Love is just a word for a feeling, there are many definitions. Each person has their own concept of love and a person only loves if they meet their own requirements.

Selfishness is natural to humans, but it can easily be overrode. All you have to is have willpower. Conquering your base emotions is what separates people. Laziness, envy, greed, violence... they're all part of the human mind, but it doesn't mean you have to partake in them.

Your instincts... your natural emotions... none of them matter. You choose how you live... you decide.

I ask you... is it better to be a person who cannot feel love, but can be kind or a person who feels love but is ultimately selfish?

Also, love requires sacrifices so you cannot truly love if you partake in selfishness.

I care very little what happens with my life, I only wish to help others. I do insane amounts of charity work and am considered one of the nicest people at my school. So, ROB64, just because I feel no love does that make me monster?

Each person has their own concepts for love because there are different types of love, like i said. Love does exist, whether you want to convince yourself it doesn't, is up to you.

As for being selfish, it is part of being human. Survival of the fittest. You may help other people and give to other people but that is because you, yourself, do not need those things. For example: You give food to a shelter because you have the food to give. But if your family and another family was starving. Suppose there is a plate of food, would you be unselfish and let yourself and your family starve or eat the food and survive? Whether you admit it or not, humans as a race are selfish in that if it comes down to the wire, you will choose yourself over others.

Also, willpower is a concept that is easier said than done. If it was easy, would so many people smoke cigarettes?, have unprotected sex which leads to STD's, or even procrastinate when you should be writing a research paper. I am not saying you do not have willpower, since it would not be inaccurate because I do not know you.

And to answer your question, you can love and still be kind. I do not comprehend why you believe loving someone prevents you from being kind? I have felt love and still have kept being kind. That is me, maybe since you choose to believe love is a created emotion then you also chose to believe you cannot be kind and love.

Last edited:
Silly potheads. Cutting doesnt get me thrown in jail.
Endorphins relieve my stress.

Uhkay, this has been said a lot, so I guess I'll just repeat myself. It's near impossible to not love someone because even liking someone is a form of love. I'm sure you like some people more than others, and that means you have the ability to love someone. You can't think of people equally, or else the world would be perfect. It's clear that if you think otherwise, that person has not entered your life just yet. Hey, even attraction is a form of love. Though you're right saying that it's chemical. I'm not very good at delving into that topic though.

People HAVE to be selfish in order to get things sometimes. Are you selfish for contributing to global warming because it won't happen to you? Yes. Almost everyone is. The same goes with the maaany examples that other people have provided.

As far as willpower goes, I have amazing willpower. I'll leave it as that. :)

haha, that point has come and gone several times. But in the end it always goes back to that one person. It's unavoidable almost. In my personal opinion, there are some things in your past you have to deal with before you can get over them, so at least in my case I won't be able to really get over it until I have seen her again and confronted the issue, even if I don't end up with her.
That is exactly what happens in my case.

Even if she doesn't want me, I want her to see someone better than her current boyfriend. He hit her before. I remember the night it happened, that was the last night I ever saw her. I was going to kill him.

I personally think no one is right about this cutting issue.

Whether you cut yourself, take drugs, drink, project the emotion (aka take it out on other things/people), in the end you're still avoiding confronting the problem and you're only hurting yourself.
Indulging in all these things shows you are not mature or capable enough of dealing with the reality of life, and to keep on doing these things without admitting to yourself that you have a problem is reckless and dangerous.
Just be brave and confront the issues, confront the emotions and cry if you must. It is much more healthy to cry for a whole day and release that than to just indulge in crap to make yourself better, which in the end is only hurting you, and often those who care about you as well.

Now, as for masturbation...I don't think that's an actual solution. While it is not as damaging as other activities mentioned, in the end you're still running away from a feeling by forcing your body to feel something else. But like I've said before, these things come back to you, and no matter how much you run away or cut yourself or masturbate, you won't get rid of a problem until you deal with it.

there's a lot of masturbators confessing their experience as a solution... lol

I personally think no one is right about this cutting issue.

Whether you cut yourself, take drugs, drink, project the emotion (aka take it out on other things/people), in the end you're still avoiding confronting the problem and you're only hurting yourself.
Indulging in all these things shows you are not mature or capable enough of dealing with the reality of life, and to keep on doing these things without admitting to yourself that you have a problem is reckless and dangerous.
Just be brave and confront the issues, confront the emotions and cry if you must. It is much more healthy to cry for a whole day and release that than to just indulge in crap to make yourself better, which in the end is only hurting you, and often those who care about you as well.

Now, as for masturbation...I don't think that's an actual solution. While it is not as damaging as other activities mentioned, in the end you're still running away from a feeling by forcing your body to feel something else. But like I've said before, these things come back to you, and no matter how much you run away or cut yourself or masturbate, you won't get rid of a problem until you deal with it.

There are some things that you can't just solve; not all problems can be dealt with.

Back