The One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect

No clue who Zero is.

... You're kidding, right? Zero, from the Megaman Zero games?! He'd be nothing like a Samus clone, he has many more weapons than a lame buster. Swords, chains, a spiked rod (lol), even an offensive shield. Not to mention a stereotypical megaman buster, with improvements.

I'll attempt posting my Zero moveset once more... I have to post it in pieces though, so I'll edit it in piece by piece at a time.

Zero moveset

Up B: Chain Rod Recover/Rising Slash

Side B: Shield Boomerang/Triple Rod Combo

B: Z-Buster/Z-Sabre/Shield Boomerang

Down B: Counter/Shield Boomerang
His Up B is obviously one of two things - a rising slash with the Z Sabre, or an upwards jumping slash-throw with the chain rod. The chain rod however, can be used as a tether recovery if he's in range. If not, he leeps up with a weak hit, and then sends a spinning attack to combo into the previous hit.

So basically if you hit the enemy as they grab the ledge with your first hit, you'll still get the ledge. The chain Rod recovery would probably go straight up, since the tether will go a large distance horizontal/slightly diagonal for the tether.

The Rising Slash attack would be pretty simple. Very similar to Marth's Up B, but probably along the lines of Roy's from Melee - multiple cuts are induced in one firm slashing motion upwards, the last hit giving knockback. It'd have a bit more left/right angle than Roy's and Marth's, though. Just less speed and damage.

His side B has a lot of potent combination. Number one is the Triple Rod Combo. Yes, it could be similar to Roy's/Marth's. Basically each hit he does adds another link to the Triple Rod, extending reach and power. The 4th hit will have the knockback without adding a link and ofcourse, the direction you want to hit them in.

Another one is the infamous Shield Boomerang. When he whips it out, it'l do very minor damage to anyone infront and turn them around like Pit's shield.

Once it's fully charged, it can deflect an actual attack once - if it does, Zero launches his boomerang immediatly. If it's not charged it simply goes straight or slightly up and down, it can't be controlled easily. If it is fully charged though, you gain more control, and if an opponent is close by it homes in on them. It would also do more damage, ofcourse - a full charged hit would have the speed of throwing one of Link's bombs at full speed.

Also note, projectiles will bounce off it while it is NOT fully charged, although the single attack deflect will count for a single projectile when it is fully charged. I'd say a non-charged boomerang goes as fast as Toon's non-smash speed Boomerang.

B has endless possibilities. It could be charging up his Z-Sabre, and hold it like Marth's Shield Breaker - however, it'd be a lot like D3's Down B. You can move with it, but only use that one attack. It'd have much less power than D3's though, but Zero still moves at full speed.

Another possibility is obviously, the Z-buster. It can be a rapid projectile like Toon's B, but on a straight path with little damage and a bit less range. However, if you hold down B after the first shot, you'll begin charging it. If you fire a half charged+ shot, you shoot 3 bullets. Fully charged, you'll shoot 3 bullets and a larger blast, which has good knockback and passable damage(for a 4th hit), although nothing impressive - only to build on more damage.

If the Shield Boomerang wasn't selected instead of the Triple Rod, it's definatly usable here.

Down B is a giveaway, he's a sword fighter - he can use counter effectively. When he's going to counter, he leans forward quickly and holds his blade to his other side, sort of like preparing a batokiri (unsheathing slash)without the sheath. If he gets hit while ready to counter, he dashes forward slightly and simply cuts.

Not too much knockback, but the range is impressive, and a shockwave behind him pushes enemies away if they somehow get behind before he counters.

Last edited:
Aside from that, he can use the Slash Wave technique, a very useful move in the MMZ series. Basically he charges as usual, and the longer he charges, the more damage this move does, as well as range. When you release be, he slashes forwards, causing a shockwave of yellow energy as tall as him(he's tall I'd say)to travel forward. It does quite a bit of damage, although the knockback severely decreases the further it goes.

Again, Shield Boomerang could be used here even.

For the actual moveset combination, I personally recommend the Chain Rod Recovery(Up B), Triple Rod Combo(Side B), Z-Buster(B), and the Shield Boomerang. No counter attacks were a prominent move in the games after all, although if you were to throw it in I strongly recommend getting rid of Shield Boomerang for it. Many sword users do have a counter move, after all - I think the Shield Boomerang makes Zero's Down B unique though, and it suits him more.

Also note he uses all his widely known moves: A moves for Z-sabre, B moves use Triple Rod/Chain rod and Z-Buster.

Sorry for the double post... the rest of the moveset won't fit in one post, damn spam blocker... Anyways, that's the moveset. It's months old, but it's not too bad, right?

Try to give a little bit more of an explanation as to why you think those characters would make Brawl perfect.

Personally, I think Shadow would be too much of a clone of Sonic. I would of preferred having Shadow instead of Sonic... or maybe Shadow could be a costume of Sonic with different graphics (rocket boots mainly).

Megaman might be interesting, but it would probably just be like Samus.

No clue who Zero is.

Dry Bones just isn't the right type of character for SSBB... would be like adding a Goomba (though Dry Bones is awesome).

Moogle... from Final Fantasy? Aren't those like doll things... not really a character, more of a species.

I made a move setlist for Mog (Moogle from FF III). It's a few pages back =P

Shadow Set list

ive been thinkin about this for awhile. im gonna put a shadow move set.
the makers of the next ssb game should use this site for input we're doin half the work!

b-reload gun (every time you reload the weapon shot gets stronger:pistol, m16, grenade launcher, gatling gun.)

side b- shoot gun (weapon used depends on how many times u reloaded.)

up b-chaos control: teleport (kind of like sheiks up b)

down b-chaos control: timewarp (paralyzes enemies close to you a.k.a. one or two steps away)

give me some input on this move set

Interesting... his B move is completely irrelevant to offenses, and his Down-B doesn't even do damage. The fact his B also causes his Side B to change is very unique as well. Your post wasn't all that detail, but it actually has some very good ideas. Well done, Bobszhi. Someone needs to expand that moveset, yeah?

thank you very much. i didnt really pay a whole lot of attention to detail so i didnt say if the down b would do any damage. it will do some but not a lot as the paralyze is just like when your shield runs out.
im really good with olimar (oddly enough) and so i sort of made his weapon system like olimar's.

mebbe as he reloaded the gun he would knockback anyone around him. maybe smack them with the butt of the gun or the barrel mebbe.

I'll use your moves and make a move-set for Shadow later (in detail), but it will have to be on Friday or after April 18th. The next two days are dedicated to my research paper.

Coolz thanks
Dry Bones Move Set (this was hard!)
B- throw head (spins and deals many hits)
Side b- shell slide (just like the koopa shell or squirtle)
Up b- spinal tether (uses a spine like a whip. Just like kimimaro for naruto fans)
Down b- bone spike (sends up a small field of spikes around dry bones)
Final smash- sends up a huge field of spikes
Continuing shadow's move list
Final smash- sort of like warios. Uses a gatling gun and grenade launcher for all attacks.
All of the following moves are in final smash mode:
B- loads a handheld artillery cannon, next time loads a handful of grenades, one more time loads a nuke
Side b- fires loaded wep
Up b- extended recovery move, does more damage
Down b- paralyzes all within a larger area than normal
Plz feel free to tell me wat sounds useless or could be different.
Side b- fires the cannon

Oh just thought f the coolest support trophy evah: chao
From sonic the hedgehog
They could have a chance of being normal, heroic, or evil
Normal one jsut runs back and forth across the stage and deals damage
Heroic heals u and other team members
Evil follows opponents and deals damage. More than normal chao
Evil

Hmm... I'll make a rough draft.

Shadow*91
B: Creates an RP. This gives Shadow a temporarily new costume (one of three) which gives certain powers. The 1st costume increases his luck, the 2nd his speed, the 3rd his strength.
Side B: He throws a signature at a character. If the character is hit it becomes trapped inside the signature and merges with it. The character then suffers being stuck in a forum for the rest of the game.
Up B: Shadow burns himself in a pillar of fire and gets rocketed into the air. Shadow takes 999% damage and deals instant double KO if he hits (you lose two stocks instead of one).
Down B: Shadow scratches his head and uses another characters move randomly. If in his first suit his Falcooooonnnn PUUUNNCCCHHH!!!! always hits since he is extremely lucky.

Hmmm... might be my best yet XD.

Oops accidentally put some old thoughts on the end of the shadow move set
foeget 'side b - shoots cannon'

Back