The reason I hate hardcore

It was a joke. People didn't really react to that thinking it was real. It was just a big joke playing on those who want hard core games, nothing to stress over.

I know it was a joke, that's not the point of this thread.

Dzapper said:
Yeah, but comedy is only effective if it holds some truth to it. This does acurrately depict how most "hardcore" gamers view "hardcore" games. In my opinion Metroid Prime 3 is the most hardcore game on Wii. It has complicated puzzles and an enemy difficulty which is not easily outsmarted. Yet most "hardcore" gamers would probably put Madworld over Metroid Prime 3 on the "hardcore" scale just because of the amount of blood and gore in the game. Nothing against Madworld, I'm sure its a very good game, but in the end it looks like a lot of mindless waggling and blood splatter. We need to truely redefine what hardcore is, cause it sure isn't bucket loads of blood splattering everywhere.

Thank you

Bio said:
If you're trying to prove to us why you don't consider yourself hardcore, this wasn't a very good way to do it.

No I wasn't. Read again.

Bio said:
It does hold some truth to it. It pokes fun at the absurd mindset of most hardcore types who attract themselves to games with loaded blood and gore (Case in point: Several gamers have been complaining that the upcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 has reduced its blood content). It doesn't at all define the behavior of all hardcores, but it definitely applies to many of them.

Buckets 'o blood appeal is what we call a stereotype of the hardcore community. And stereotypes always hold an ounce of truth.

There ya go. That's my point.

Darkprinny said:
<<A gamer thats sick of all this "Hardcore" game shite
Instead of worrying if a game is hardcore or not just play it and enjoy it after all who would want to play a game they hate?

Nice. I can't even walk into a damn gamestop and shop freely anymore without some idiot pointing out that this and this game is rated E so its not hardcore, and that I should buy this game cause "It has tons of blood bro! Plus ITS RATED M TOO!!!"

Nice. I can't even walk into a damn gamestop and shop freely anymore without some idiot pointing out that this and this game is rated E so its not hardcore, and that I should buy this game cause "It has tons of blood bro! Plus ITS RATED M TOO!!!"
I have my music on so I cant hear them

Best way to talk to them is say "Dose that make Thrill kill/Katsumi Ninja one of the most hardcore games ever then?"
Then say "im not your bro" (Even tho its mostly the word "mate" over ere)

Blood and a "18/M" thing on the box never makes it good

Blood, gore, and violence, doesn't make a game "hardcore". Now if a game requires a lot of skills, then I'd say you can classify it as "hardcore." For example, if you think about MadWorld on the Wii, the game can be characterized as "hardcore" not for its violence and bloodshed, but the rigor and challenge that is involved in the game itself.

SSBB is as close to casual as a fighting has ever gotten. And hardcore games aren't games with blood in them, they're games with challenge and progressive artistry in them.

Blood, gore, and violence, doesn't make a game "hardcore". Now if a game requires a lot of skills, then I'd say you can classify it as "hardcore." For example, if you think about MadWorld on the Wii, the game can be characterized as "hardcore" not for its violence and bloodshed, but the rigor and challenge that is involved in the game itself.
Dose that make Superman 64 hardcore then?

I agree with the OP in every way.

I have been gaming since the mid 80's and the hardcore vs casual thing is insane to me to be honest.

In all my years of gaming i have never seen this kind of division and/or arguments in the world of gaming with this casual vs hardcore thing. It may have something to do with me not being into the whole forum things till recently, I dont know.

IMHO, and my HO only, it seems to me this entire hardcore vs casual thing has been a response by the PS3/360 fan boys irritation that the Wii is the dominant system this time.

Now im not hatting i like the 360 a lot, i would own one if not for my good computer. I respect the PS3, although i would never buy one. Im not a PS hatter either as i owned the PS1 and got a PS2 on launch day and loved them both.

There is some truth to the fact that the Wii apeals to the casual player no doubt. So did the PS1 and PS2. I hate to burst the hardcore bubble but theres not nearly enough of you to support a system. You NEED the casual player to buy some of your system.

This is my view on this hardcore thing. In the past i would have considered myself "hardcore" but today the hardcore seem to act like a bunch of stuck up elitists. I dont wanna be grouped with them anymore.

I'm an independent and I play whatever the hell I want thank you very much.

Halo, Fire Emblem, Vesperia, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Mega Man 2, and Fallout 3.

That is a usual Friday night for me.

I'm currently playing Shadow Dragon and no I'm not that far. I replay levels constantly to keep characters. I've lost two so far... Crap!!

exactly the way i see it

This is my view on this hardcore thing. In the past i would have considered myself "hardcore" but today the hardcore seem to act like a bunch of stuck up elitists. I dont wanna be grouped with them anymore.

Exactly how I feel. If you read the last line of my first post, it pretty much sums up my entire point.

I'm an independent and I play whatever the hell I want thank you very much.

Halo, Fire Emblem, Vesperia, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Mega Man 2, and Fallout 3.

That is a usual Friday night for me.

We should start using that term; Independent Gamers. We're not "Hardcore" because you bastards have ruined the definition and we're not "Casual" because we dedicate the majority of our time to gaming. We're Independent. We play what we want, when we want, because we want to. Not because "it's teh l337" and not because "it's fun for the whole family!" (which are the extremes of the two other categories)

Doesn't really fit into SSBB(the blood)

Hardcore for me means passionate about games...be that The Sims, MadWorld, Halo, Killzone, Mario, Wii Sport, whatever....you likes a lot(ie frequent video games sites, play often etc) I'd call you hardcore!

We should start using that term; Independent Gamers. We're not "Hardcore" because you bastards have ruined the definition and we're not "Casual" because we dedicate the majority of our time to gaming. We're Independent. We play what we want, when we want, because we want to. Not because "it's teh l337" and not because "it's fun for the whole family!" (which are the extremes of the two other categories)
ohp. I was going to say, "Well atleast we managed to keep this convorsation mature without some noob butting in with any insults." But you shot that one down. -_-

Back