The "Sonic The Hedgehog" Thread

daisyJ27

Angel Of Chaos
Oct 29, 2009
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Sonic was once something completely worth looking at and playing and now this so to speak "Sonic Boom" comes out of no where and ruins it more.....what do you remember Sonic as growing up?

... The games are unreleased. They could be the next Sonic Colors/Generation to the series for all ya know.

... The games are unreleased. They could be the next Sonic Colors/Generation to the series for all ya know.
Sounds like you haven't seen the gameplay footage. I disliked Sonic Lost World but after seeing what I saw I loved SLW.

Footage is a shoddy judge of a game's quality ('specially when the game ain't yet finalized). How a game feels is infinitely more important than how it looks. 'Cept for PR.

Footage is a shoddy judge of a game's quality ('specially when the game ain't yet finalized). How a game feels is infinitely more important than how it looks. 'Cept for PR.
I'd say 50/50. Let's be realistic now...still find it funny how a knuckles is so tall for no reason.

I'd say 50/50. Let's be realistic now...

I'd say 10/90, 90 bein' gameplay, is realistic lol. Take Dead Island as example for my reasoning.

still find it funny how a knuckles is so tall for no reason.

As a complete outsider who's never been a Sonic fan, I see the appeal in makin' it so that not every single protagonist is the same height and build as Sonic. Don't have an issue with Knuckles' new design as a whole neither, since I ain't used to seein' 'em as ol' shrimpy Knuckles.

Though even I did see it as bein' strange at first, my outsider-ness aside.

Just keep in mind that these redesigns aren't taking over the series. Sonic Boom is a non-canon alternate universe so to speak.

The real Sonic universe is the same as we left it in Sonic Lost World. Which I hope improves.

I don't know why, but I can't even play Sonic Generations without stopping after 10-20 mins. My last favorite Sonic game was the Adventure 2: Battle. Unfortunately, I've broken 2 copies of the disc and refuse to buy it again. Multiplayer cause some friendship issues, though it's been resolved/forgotten.

Sonic Boom just seems too different for me. All in good time. Just hope it's not another '06.

Generations was the greatest Sonic we've had in a looooooong time

fan since the start.
Modern Amy looks like a tart
the middle is a bit meh
As a complete outsider who's never been a Sonic fan, I see the appeal in makin' it so that not every single protagonist is the same height and build as Sonic. Don't have an issue with Knuckles' new design as a whole neither, since I ain't used to seein' 'em as ol' shrimpy Knuckles.

Mortal Kombat for one.

Generations was the greatest Sonic we've had in a looooooong time
It's the 3d sections that get to me. Sometimes I move too fast or too slow resulting in multiple deaths.
But the remixed music is good.
--------------

Sonic's voice just makes me cringe sometimes. Though not as much as Charmy's or Cream's. Gah.

Back