The Ultimate PC thread!

Shiftfallout

shiftfallout.com
Mar 9, 2007
Hollywood
"Hey. I like PCs. You like PCs? Lets like PCs together.. and hold hands and stuff."

Ok, I dont mean that literally. Those words just sum up this thread however.

Show off your rig or computer set up! Brag about whats in your box, or what you want or hope to get. Lets talk about case modding, or new gfx cards, hell even glow in the dark Random Access Memory. lol

Thats what this thread is about. Absolutely no computer hating either, or else I will show you my fist.. and by that I do not mean the fist of love if you get my drift (im not into that).

Alright.
Starting off: This is my current setup.
computersetupsba1.jpg

The PC is getting old. Only 2ghz with an older ATI Radeon card (3 years old). It sports a demon black and red casing with internal fan led lights. 4 usb 2.0 in the front, 4 in the back. Sexy but time to get replaced.

The lappy is my baby, but shes also getting old. She sports a 19'' LCD screen, 2 gigs of RAM and a Geforce 7800GTX Go GPU. Ok.. lol maybe shes not old yet. Also 2 ghz.. AMD. AMD is the way to go. The mouse as you might have noticed is the Razor Copperhead. Very good mouse, if you are looking for one they are the best.

Just ordered this system (between ibuypower and newegg.com):
newcompin3.jpg

I plan on replacing the cheapo geforce 8500GT card with the Geforce 8800GTX when it goes down in price come this winter. Right now, its pointless to buy a $600 graphics card when the next line of Geforce cards are coming out, thus causing the 8 series to drop in price drastically.

I was able to get the whole set up for $620. Once I get a new vid card and maybe another 2 gigs of ram, the system will be smoking. For $750 a top of the line rig is nice, with a few upgrades it will be beyond top of the line. (no quad core for me though).

The goal is to have it ready for Age of Conan. It will be played on a large HDTV at 1900x1080 resolution. Talk about hot huh. ;-)

This is real gaming folks.

Ok share!!!! I want to see your setups, rigs, or thoughts. Doesnt matter how humble it is.

Last edited:
100_1275.JPG

100_1277.JPG

i just got the case a week ago. its a RAIDMAX SMILODON that came with 4 fans (1 LED and 1 120mm intake) and a good 500w PSU (stock PSUs are hardly ever good but this one had MANY good reviews) ive got a chaintech VNF4/ULTRA motherboard with 1 gig of pqi RAM (w/ heat spreaders), amd 3000+ 64 (was $167 when i bought it LAST YEAR and now its only $25 WTF!!) (going to upgrade soon since i can get one thats almost double the power for only $40-$50) an nvidia 6600GT 128MB. it can play anything you throw at it but most of the new games can only be run on low settings. mind you the entire system was only $300 from newegg

I love the case. Hows the airflow? The gpu is alright, gonna need to upgrade for those direct x 10 games coming out soon. Did I mention I love the case. What kinds of upgrades are you thinking of?

wow. that was a brain fart lol. i thought someone else started the thread lol. the upgrades im thinking of is an AMD 4000+, at least 2 gigs of RAM, and a better GPU (the 7k series nvidia most likely)

ah, good stuff. I wouldnt go with the 7000 series though, not that its bad ( I have the 7800gtx) but it wont be compatible with dirx 10. This winter the 9k series is coming out, the 8k series will drop in price. Wait then and get one of the 8k series with dirx10 support. =) thats my opinion anyways.

Right now newegg.com is having a killer sale on g.skill ram also. I got 2 gigs for 84 bucks. Heatspreaders and all. came with a 1 gig flash stick as well.

i dont like spending too much money on my PC. im more of a budget builder. i was plaining on waiting a little longer to upgrade because i know the new hardware is coming out. it just depends on the prices when all the new hardware is released

my comp blows, my mother refuesd to buy a gaming comp cause, welll, she just wanted a "family comp" or whatever
wanna send me your parts if your gonna be scraping them? =P

I'm not going to bother posting my current PC's specs; they're crap anyway. Well, considering it's almost 4 years old I guess they're not so bad, but still.
I plan on upgrading soon so I can get Crysis, Unreal 3, and World in Conflict among others. Then I'll go all out and get the best I can.

Right on. Pcs are not that expensive, especially now with quad cores on the horizon.

Is there anyone else that has a PC wroth showing? Or hell, even a pc you want.

Brawny said:
lol....current is crap.

If I got one, I'd like to build.

Since I'm a wuss, and poor. I'd just get this:
http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=T5226
or something. Then add video and ram.

For around 400 bucks thats not bad. For those too lazy to click on the link the system was:

CPU: Intel® Pentium® D Processor 925 (Dual-Core)1
64-bit processor with Intel® EM64T Technology
(Each core operates at 3.0GHz | 2 x 2MB L2 Cache | 800MHz FSB)
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium2
Chipset: Intel® 945G
Memory: 1024MB DDR2 Memory, Dual-Channel Capable
(2 × 512MB), 533MHz (PC4200)
Expandable to 2GB
2 DDR2 Slots (Total), 0 DDR2 Slot (Available)
Hard Drive: 250GB SATA II (7200rpm, 8MB Cache) 3
Optical Drives: DVD±RW 16x Multiformat Dual-Layer Optical Drive
Up to 8.5GB with Dual-Layer Media
Write max: 16x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 4x DVD+R DL, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW
Read max: 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM
Video: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Up to 224MB Shared Video Memory
PCI-Express® (PCI-E x16) slot available for upgrade
Sound: 6-Channel (5.1) High-Definition Audio
Amplified Stereo Speakers (USB-Powered)
Communications: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem (RJ-11 port)
Intel® 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
Peripherals: Premium multifunction keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse (PS/2)
Ports/Other: 6 - USB 2.0 Ports (2 Front, 4 Rear)
1 - VGA
1 - Parallel port
1 - Serial port
2 - PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse)
3 - Audio (rear): Line-in/Side (Stereo), Front/Headphone (Stereo), Microphone
2 - Audio (Front): Microphone, Front/Headphone (Stereo)
1 - RJ-45 Ethernet port
1 - RJ-11 Modem port

Like all emachines it looks like crap. BUT, the processor is damn nice. The ram sucks, which is why you would want to replace it and my guess the mother board as well.

Personally though, I am agaist brand build PCs like emachines. They are not very friendly to non emachine things and they fill the pc up with junk. However, the good side it is that they become more accessable to even the most unskillful consumer. Mac people dont seem to understand how or why prices can be so low for the PC. They say you get what you pay for, in the PC world thats not true. Same with macs, your not getting what you pay for, rather you are paying too much.

hey Brawny check this set up out starting at 420$
http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=182

Shiftfallout said:
For those too lazy to click on the link the system was:
Thats a good one. :lol:
But yeah, my computer also sucks, so I am not even going to compete with you guys. But then again, I have never been much of a PC gamer, so I think its all good.
Great setup by the way, both Mitch2025 and Shiftfallout.

Last edited:
just about to go out, but when i get back and tidy my desk i will show you my set up, only just moved back into this room, so only got one computer atm, planning on getting back my old PC (got scrapped and the case used as a server :mad:, just gotta find the parts and place em in a new case and possibly get a new MB) maybe set up a 6 monitor display hmmm...

Back