The Ultimate PC thread!

I'd like to build.....if someone could recommend a good chip/mother set?

That's the part that ultimately stops me from building. I could do the rest easily.

I think cases and such look rather sexy, though I wouldn't ever get one, just 'cause of spending money for something to look good (except myself) doesn't appeal to me :] need a new laptop though..

Wiired said:
I think cases and such look rather sexy, though I wouldn't ever get one, just 'cause of spending money for something to look good (except myself) doesn't appeal to me :] need a new laptop though..

nah, cases arnt that expensive anymore. Its actually more expensive to get a laptop set up than a desktop setup.

As for the laptops though, I would definately check out Sager. I wouldnt buy directly from them but from another website that sells them. Great laptops.

But if you need something cheaper, Ibuypower.com has some decent choices for little money.

Brawny said:
I'd like to build.....if someone could recommend a good chip/mother set?

That's the part that ultimately stops me from building. I could do the rest easily.

[Socket-AM2] AMD Athlon™64 X2 5000+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

and
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 590-SLI MCP Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB

is a great combo.

If you want to save some moneys then:

[Socket-AM2] AMD Athlon™64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core

and
GigaByte GA-M55SLI-S4 nForce4 SLI chipset w/7.1 Audio, Dual Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB

I believe AMD is the say to go. Intel is good but overpriced and honestly AMD delivers a superior product in my opinion.

Back