This game is to long

Atomheart said:
Can games be too long? Well, I suppose if they're really crappy games.

But for Zelda games (and games of this calibur), the longer, the better. I was actually quite sad when it was over. I was left wanting more. I found the game very captivating. Now, it's been years since I've played Ocarina, but I think I actually like TP better. Although, I'll have to go back and play OoT sometime, now that we've got VC and all.

Anyway, TP took me a healthy 72 hours, but I did EVERYTHING (totally 100%).

It's funny you say that because I literally just finished playing OoT for the first time in years and I still think TP is the superior game!

all Zelda games are awesome (except the horrid CDi iterations, lol). But the one thing they REEEEEAAALY need to change is the fact you ALWAYS have to get the same old junk. Go on a quest to get the boomerang, the sword, the sheild, the boots, the tunic....come on. Why can't he just start with that stuff (or most of it at least) and then just focus on a new and unique adventure? Why does it always have to revolve around equipment gathering?

Last edited:
Haruk said:
Sorry if it's a little offtopic. I'm still working on twilight princess, first zelda game for me, but after I'm done I wanna check out ocarina of time so I downloaded the zelda pack for the gamecube and the ocarina of time/masterquest pack for it too. what's the difference between the regular oot and the oot masterquest? Is it longer or something?

It's practically the same game, but the dungeons may be a little harder... and a think a bit different as well... and the title screen looks different... but if you want more of a challenge than just OoT, Master Quest is always nice.

I'm still playing through TP now (about 40 hours) and I think its FANTASTIC! I can't believe people are actually complaining that its too long...I don't want the experience to end!

I loved (and still do) OOT, but one definite improvement that TP has is the variation in the dungeon lengths and and quests. In OOT you basically had the first 3 smaller dungeons, then the last 5 bigger, whereas in TP you have many dungeons of different lengths and a big variation of quests in-between. Not to mention all the "mini-game" type events like flying up zoras river, rafting down, snow-boarding down the mountain, etc, that break up the action. The whole time i've been playing I couldn't help but make comparisons to OOT, and I honestly can't find much that OOT did better than TP. I'll always love OOT, but TP just seems to have soooo much more to it. I've loved every minute so far, and I highly recommend everyone play it at least once, along with OOT if you haven't already. I really thought anyone who would own a Wii has played OOT....guess not :yikes:

Bottom line: Miyamoto is a genius :D

It actually took me a week to beat the story part of the game. There's still some other things like the Cave of Ordeals and the bugs that I have to find, but I enjoy it because it's one of those few single player games that you could keep playing and never get bored of it.

And how much that said "skilled" player lies (45 hours and collected everything huh?) or uses guides.

I don't lie. I never lie. Lying is a sin in your religion. I beat this game in 45 hours AND collected everything. If I lied, then Kai and Twizdid have my permission to slap me (like they ever would) Well, Twizdid might... but I have skillz with Zelda.

I totally used a walkthrough

And it still took me upwards of 35 hours. That section in the forbidden forrest, where you have to manuever the statues to either side of the door? Oh man... I tried that like twelve or fifteen times before realizing i didnt have the mental capacity to actually solve that puzzle. Or maybe just the patience...

But even so, i still dug that game. i loaned it to someone back in november and boy do I miss it... wish I had it again so I could go back and play more...

AoWFraggit said:
don't like long games? don't get zelda.

I don't mind long games myself as long as there is enough variation. TP is monotonous and I don't like that in a game.

I don't like short games. I like long games that last a while so I won't get bored of it.

TP is a great game, I'm 25 hours in and I can't catch the damn fish after the 4th Sand Temple! I cant catch any fish! Its impossible!

Anyways, I have beaten OoT 4 times, and they have pretty much copied everything from OoT to TP. Almost nothing has changed except the story line.
Like for FFS they could ATLEAST of changed the final boss: Ganondorf.

Like when I saw that Ganondorf was the final boss, I was sooo disapointed. Serouisly.

Anyone tell me how to catch a fish?

I disagree; I thought Twilight Princess was too short. But that's because I love Zelda and I would play an extremely long one... and I couldn't put TP down. Of course, it is a bit boring at the beginning but I think it got a lot better after the first temple.

When I first beat the game it took me 55 hours or something like that (I explored a lot). The second time around, about 19 hours. But I haven't played it a third time yet. I'm sure I'd finish it quicker than that. I'm going to play the GC version for my third time around, though.

And the game can actually be completed within 5 hours now through glitching and something called long jump attack. :)

Back