This game is to long

It's a good game and always will be. The music is from the old games, but orchestrared, and very much revived, and the gameplay is amazing.

Congrats, but I like to take my time on games. It's more fun if you work hard to beat it. It loses all fun once you cheat and cut corners.

i didn t cheat
i ve had the wii for 1 year and
zelda is my fav game and i play it often
in fact the less time it has taken me is 50 hours

I play it, put it down for a bit, then keep playing. Gives me time to recollect information.

I have about 26 (or something) hours of play time on it and I know I'm going to be upset when it's over. I'll most likely start over and take my time more. Since I started playing it I've kinda been trying to hurry and get everything done. I usually don't do that. Usually I take the time to wander around and become familiar with everyone and every place in the game. For some reason I feel more like a part of the game (probably due to the more intense storyline and Wii's control style). Instead of wandering around aimlessly I've been really into trying to accomplish things and go after the main boss guys.

I've always loved Ocarina of Time but in my opinion it was too short. A few months ago my girlfriend had the sudden urge to play OoT and we got out our N64. Even though neither of us had played it in over a year (or more) we were able to beat it in a day, taking turns playing each temple. Another thing I like more in Twilight Princess is all the lands are much bigger. Look at places like Lake Hylia or Hyrule Field on OoT.... then look at them on Twilight Princess. They're much bigger, more detailed and more realistic. In OoT Lake Hylia isn't much of a lake. Especially if you can stand in one spot and see everything. It's more of a ditch that got filled up with rain water.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Ocarina of Time.... however I am very impressed with the improvements in details and storyline in Twilight Princess. It really makes me wish they turned it into a movie. Maybe even a trilogy.

What it comes down to, I don't really want this game to end. I know when it does I'm going to be waiting on the next game.

That was... a long post. Ocarina of Time is available on VC and I want it!! But Twilight Princess was NOT long.

LinksDarkSide said:
That was... a long post.

Well I'll keep your short attention span and difficulty reading long post in mind when I post more in the future. I usually have a lot to say and like to say it all instead of posting a very weak one-liner comment.

This game is just awesome, one of the best games i have ever played, at the moment i have about 69hrs of time played, I guess because i like to find everything and haven't used any cheats/guides. This game is not long is just perfect, I love games that make u think and get u frustrated at times, it juts makes it so much better once u finish it :p and I must finish it before i can buy any other games, I'm old school what can i say lol......

I have to agree with some of the others post, the hardest part so far was putting the statues back.

Anyways, back to the game, I'm stuck at the moment :(

~X

Can games be too long? Well, I suppose if they're really crappy games.

But for Zelda games (and games of this calibur), the longer, the better. I was actually quite sad when it was over. I was left wanting more. I found the game very captivating. Now, it's been years since I've played Ocarina, but I think I actually like TP better. Although, I'll have to go back and play OoT sometime, now that we've got VC and all.

Anyway, TP took me a healthy 72 hours, but I did EVERYTHING (totally 100%).

davidos90 said:
I'm 15 hours into the game and I have just entered the 3d temple.
It seems I am no where near the end, does anyone else think it is to long?
I mean Ocarina of Time always made you wanna play even more, but this game gets quite boring. =/

This is the first and only Zelda I played. It's way too monotonous. Collect tears -> go to temple -> Interact with people -> Collect tears -> go to temple -> and so on ...

I gave up when I was in Lakebed Temple. There's just not enough variation and the puzzles are all the same. I liked the game a lot, but it was too much of the same thing over and over again. I might try and finish it one day, but I'm a casual gamer (2 hours a week) and this game is meant for the 'die-hards' I think.

Edit: My opinion has changed. I completed the game a long time ago and it gets better and better. It's not monotonous once you have a shitload of items. I've started playing it again now.

Last edited:
don't like long games? don't get zelda.

it took me roughly 80 hours to beat the game...and i've still got 2 entire hearts to find, not to mention all the poes i've got left!

Sorry if it's a little offtopic. I'm still working on twilight princess, first zelda game for me, but after I'm done I wanna check out ocarina of time so I downloaded the zelda pack for the gamecube and the ocarina of time/masterquest pack for it too. what's the difference between the regular oot and the oot masterquest? Is it longer or something?

Back