This Is A Message Straight From My Wii Web Browser!

stu said:
ye i am using it too, i am quite suprised just how fast it is

Well considering it is using the same internet as your computer, it should be the same. If not, clean the **** out of your temp folders on your computer.

Perfect, except for the macromedia flash player update needed. Oh, and a keyboard, which I'm sure will either be produced by Nintendo or a 3rd party developer, or have a firmware update which supports a keyboard plugged into the USB slot.

Can't wait for the final version! This is VERY good for a trial. Plus, $5.00 in June isn't bad at all.

Is YouTube working for y'all? I was on there earlier today, but now it won't even start loading the page. I've tried to get on with both of my Wiis, but neither one works =[[

edit// I just tried on the computer and they're performing system maintainence. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon =]]

Last edited:
Well actually YouTube has been blocking wii users for some reason!
I dont know why...but they must think they're too important now- **** YOU
YOUTUBE!

I wonder how the News channel will work. Are they going to outsource to CNN and have actual anchors? Or is it just going to be tickers? I hope it's something flashier than the forecast channel. I thought it was gonna kick Google Earth's ass, and after zomming in a couple degrees the texture maps started sucking. IGN had a sweet mockup with princess Peach as a weather girl, and when I saw that I perked up, thinking that Nintendo grew a sense of humor, and then I realized it was phony... Bummer.

Santoanderson said:
I wonder how the News channel will work. Are they going to outsource to CNN and have actual anchors? Or is it just going to be tickers? I hope it's something flashier than the forecast channel. I thought it was gonna kick Google Earth's ass, and after zomming in a couple degrees the texture maps started sucking. IGN had a sweet mockup with princess Peach as a weather girl, and when I saw that I perked up, thinking that Nintendo grew a sense of humor, and then I realized it was phony... Bummer.

My guess is that it will be clickers going to articles. Peach doing the weather that would be something to see.

Working pretty well. The wii browser works better than I expected. The predicted text takes some getting used too though. Posting from the Wii now.

LyricistSoldier said:
no dl to sd support... yet. hopefully added later

and yes there are favorites on the trial

and keyboard? well the rate nintendo is going if they ever do release one.. it'll be wireless buuuttt itll have to plug into the wiimote. That'd be akward.. big keyboard and a tail of a wiimote lol

That could be awesome. It would be a keyboard where you type. The Wii-Mote could be like your mouse. It will look like it. You press A to click.That would be like a real cpu.

Bulldogxx831 said:
Whenever you have a chance to type you would click where you would type and a keyboard pops up. There is NO JAVA. This is unfortuanate because i like instant messengers.

Any word on Nintendo adding Java to the final browser? I think it would really help.

yeah so do I!
What if I wanted to chat or watch IGN videos....the opera channel dosnt seem complete without it

Joe said:
Well actually YouTube has been blocking wii users for some reason!
I dont know why...but they must think they're too important now- **** YOU
YOUTUBE!

i used youtube earlier today on the wii, works great. instead of downloading trailers like 360 players, we can just youtube them.

Back