This Sucks

Dbomb3

wiiwii
Oct 2, 2007
San jose
Wii Online Code
6089-6603-3065-9651
I was completely pumped for the wii online gameing, so i purchased GH3. The day I got it, my computer completely overheated and crashed. And obviously, my router could no longer function W/O a computer. We bought a new computer, and it would arrive in a week or 2. so i also bought Bwii 2 and MOHH2 in preperation for the online gaming-fest. Computer arrives, We fire it up, hook up linksys AND.......It doesnt work. When I scan, it finds the connection, but now it has security on it! I Never applied any security to it EVER! I heard that the password or whatever is sometimes admin or administrator. So i try it, and both of them do not work. Please, find it in your souls to help me! Im desperate. All 3 of those online games staring me in the face...... I need help! :scared:

I don't know what we can do about it. Is there some way to contact your distributor and get the password?

Hold the reset button on your Linksys router for 30 secs and that will return it to factory defaults. From there you will have to reconfigure the router to make everything work again, but this will allow you to get into it.

Maleko, um not to sound completely noobish but, how do you recomfigure the router?

dude you dont need a computer to use a router unless your modem is a usb dogle like mine is if its cable or dsl internet you should have it connected directly to the router and you dont need a pc

Dbomb3 said:
I was completely pumped for the wii online gameing, so i purchased GH3. The day I got it, my computer completely overheated and crashed. And obviously, my router could no longer function W/O a computer. We bought a new computer, and it would arrive in a week or 2. so i also bought Bwii 2 and MOHH2 in preperation for the online gaming-fest. Computer arrives, We fire it up, hook up linksys AND.......It doesnt work. When I scan, it finds the connection, but now it has security on it! I Never applied any security to it EVER! I heard that the password or whatever is sometimes admin or administrator. So i try it, and both of them do not work. Please, find it in your souls to help me! Im desperate. All 3 of those online games staring me in the face...... I need help! :scared:
The router does not need a computer to work.

Dbomb3 said:
Maleko, um not to sound completely noobish but, how do you recomfigure the router?

Assuming that you've reset the router to factory defaults, you use your web browser to go to 192.168.1.1 and login (google for default user/pass for Linksys routers). Then you can make any changes that are needed to get your router back working. Normally, all you should have to do is make sure that DHCP is turned on (both server for your LAN and client to connect to your ISP), turn on your wireless service, set your SSID (network name) and any encryption or other security settings that you feel you need.

The easiest recommendation I can give, is to find the "quick setup" paperwork that came with your router, or if that is not possible, check out the manufactuers website for FAQs on standard configs.

are you using a wireless router that plugs into a wall? if you are then you dont need a computer for it to work... but if you are hooked up via a little stick connected to a usb port in your, then yes, your computer must work... but aslong as the internet's working (which i assume it is, your on the forums) then maybe you need to find a wireless router that is easy to set up.

a computer does not have to be hooked to a router for it to work, just helps alot to set one up.
press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds to restore factory settings.

for a linksys router:
open your web browser (i.e. firefox, internet explorer, netscape ect.)
type in the address bar 192.168.1.1
username = " " (leave blank)
password = "admin"

can someone make a stickey of this or have they already?
how to setup a router..

there are manuals for routers too u know.. they have technical support for a reason.

heymoe99 said:
a computer does not have to be hooked to a router for it to work, just helps alot to set one up.
press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds to restore factory settings.

for a linksys router:
open your web browser (i.e. firefox, internet explorer, netscape ect.)
type in the address bar 192.168.1.1
username = " " (leave blank)
password = "admin"

can someone make a stickey of this or have they already?
how to setup a router..

there are manuals for routers too u know.. they have technical support for a reason.
You can configure a router using the Wii

might be able to on the wii's web browser if your hard lined to it.
factory wireless is disabled (i think)
it's easier w/a computer imo.

You do understand some linksys routers do not work with the Wii's online connection.

Back