Thread of Smash

Appearances don't matter. I don't care if they are all stick figures with swords as long as they play differently. Appearances do not affect gameplay, so stop bringing it up. If you do I will get angry. You need to take a step back and understand what a game really is. ONEs and ZEROs. I don't see swords in there.
Yes it does, exemple Marth smash UP has a very small side range and a high up range. Ike up smash has a longer side range + his up range and slash left to right (so left strike will be faster than right strike). Fox down smash attack instantly both side, Ike's down smash strike his left side then his right side (So fox
recovery is shorter but Ike can get the opponent if he was doing shield + side). Its what I mean by different style fight, different moves. Remove pit's wings and add a bow to captain falco then tell me if it still dont change the game?

Edit : yes there is a different if Link would use his sword instead his feet. He have 1 sword and 2 feet, so he wouldnt be able to double strike in air with the same speed. Its why his forward air attack is slowler.

I did understand you. They pumped everything up. Also remember it was Brawl that changed the Proportions not Project M. Melee has a much better Proportion and Project M capitalizes on it. The reason why you can't play Project M but you can play in accelerated mode is because Project M is still faster.

Your wrong, go to special brawl and select speed : fast, u'll see its much faster than Project M. A mode cant have better proportion than the original game, but can be closer of another game (melee).

If you have been to a Melee Tourney the first thing you notice is the sound of everyones controller being abused. 8 commands a second is basically standard

Yes I know it, and i have the same feeling when I play brawl in accelered.

Yet you continue to state that Project M "isn't an official Smash Bros. game."
Its a mode, not an official game.

I tried the game, 1h this time.

Summary with Marth :
-I finnaly complete sucessfully complete dancing blade with the right timing instead spam clic side-B. The game is faster but dancing blade is slowler than brawl, so this attack is not viable in fight. I wonder why they changed esthetic slash. Previous dancing blade looked better.
-All map are pretty nice and balanced, but it could keep original map on another page to give the choice to player.
-Chain grapping do not work, the opponent fall then I cant grap it again (yes, i tried at 0% damage).
-I must lost the habit to air-dodge.
-Dolphin slash has less knocback, I dont know if its for balancing.
-More combo but less defense. Its the hitstun, after the 1st strike we have guaranted combo, in brawl we have to predict to get the next attack. I dont know which one is better.
-I dont know the name but running left/right/left/right very quickly is easier on project M than brawl and we dont fall. So this thing is viable now.
-Marth do not response on many of my command. Exemple, when I use jump + neutral smash at the same time, he did neutral smash and didnt jump. I tried to decay the command jump and neutral smash but only work with a minimum time decay. The rest I know its because its the hitstun and I clic too early on jumping then die.
-In caming back to the original version, my wii crashed 2 time in map selection, it never happened before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does, exemple Marth smash UP has a very small side range and a high up range. Ike up smash has a longer side range + his up range and slash left to right (so left strike will be faster than right strike). Fox down smash attack instantly both side, Ike's down smash strike his left side then his right side (So fox
recovery is shorter but Ike can get the opponent if he was doing shield + side). Its what I mean by different style fight, different moves. Remove pit's wings and add a bow to captain falco then tell me if it still dont change the game?

Edit : yes there is a different if Link would use his sword instead his feet. He have 1 sword and 2 feet, so he wouldnt be able to double strike in air with the same speed. Its why his forward air attack is slowler.
I warned you.
ecrxe.gif

Look at the Hitbox of Jigglypuff's Bair. See the huge disjointed hitbox? Does Jigglypuff have a Sword? Her foot might as well be a sword. Jigglypuff's design has little to do with the hitbox.
Link's Fair is Slow because it's Powerful. Nothing more, nothing less. If it was Quick and Powerful it would be OP. If it was Quick and Weak, he would lose a valuable finisher.
This is called balance and it has nothing to do with appearances and everything to do with Playstyle.

BTW Captain Falcon has a gun but never uses it.
Ganon has a Sword he never uses.
Luigi has a Vacuum
They could have done a lot of things based solely on appearance.

Your wrong, go to special brawl and select speed : fast, u'll see its much faster than Project M. A mode cant have better proportion than the original game, but can be closer of another game (melee).
BTW Modification is abbreviated Mod not Mode.
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE!!! "A mode cant have better proportion than the original game." HOW CAN YOU SAY SOMETHING THAT IGNORANT?!?!?! Sorry to break it to you but Sakurai is not a god. He does make mistakes and one of those mistakes is Brawl's proportion.

Now I have played Smash 64 before Melee came out. I have played Melee before Brawl came out. I have played Brawl before Project M came out. I have played Project M before Smash 4. I have gone through each generation when it was Norm, when it was the standard. To say Brawl is the perfect Smash game is very ignorant. To say it has the best proportions is very ignorant especially from someone who never played Melee. Melee should be the standard for all Smash games and yes, it is faster than Sped Up Special Brawl. You don't understand a fast Smash game until you have played Melee. Do you understand what Frame Perfect means? It means you need percise timing and speed. I have played Brawl competitively and I know for a fact that their fingers do not move as fast as those who play Melee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKZmZfiIsto

Yes I know it, and i have the same feeling when I play brawl in accelered.
No you don't.
Watch the beginning of this vid. Watch KoreanDJ's hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgWH-qXpv8

In Short: Watch what you say because you don't have the experience to say what you are saying. You are way out of your league.

I tried the game, 1h this time.

Summary with Marth :
-I finnaly complete sucessfully complete dancing blade with the right timing instead spam clic side-B. The game is faster but dancing blade is slowler than brawl, so this attack is not viable in fight. I wonder why they changed esthetic slash. Previous dancing blade looked better.
-All map are pretty nice and balanced, but it could keep original map on another page to give the choice to player.
-Chain grapping do not work, the opponent fall then I cant grap it again (yes, i tried at 0% damage).
-I must lost the habit to air-dodge.
-Dolphin slash has less knocback, I dont know if its for balancing.
-More combo but less defense. Its the hitstun, after the 1st strike we have guaranted combo, in brawl we have to predict to get the next attack. I dont know which one is better.
-I dont know the name but running left/right/left/right very quickly is easier on project M than brawl and we dont fall. So this thing is viable now.
-Marth do not response on many of my command. Exemple, when I use jump + neutral smash at the same time, he did neutral smash and didnt jump. I tried to decay the command jump and neutral smash but only work with a minimum time decay. The rest I know its because its the hitstun and I clic too early on jumping then die.
-In caming back to the original version, my wii crashed 2 time in map selection, it never happened before.
This Marth is directly ported from Melee. Not nerfed not buffed.

BTW that running back and forth is called Dash Dancing.
Chain Grabbing works. You just have to learn Melee Chain Grabs (learn to Jump Cancel Grab)

Also Free Book aobut the Smash Competive Scene written by Wife
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/348106

Last edited:
well, this argument grew too big when i was sleepin so ill just stay outta it

I challenge you when you want.

If you've Wi-Fi Safe, it'd be my pleasure t' destroy ya.

I was talking about brawl for ness and lucas

They ain't clones. The only shared moves they have are their Specials... and even then, Flash compared t' Freeze is stretchin' it.

1.what you say if Ike smash up wouldnt trace a semi circle but attacked like Marth, would it change somehting?. I was also talking about MOVES, not deformation (deformation is only on few character too)

2.Yes a mode cant be more proportional of the original game than the orignal game itself. You miss readed me, I said I dont manage air-control because they didnt increased proportionnaly the speed.

3. No its slowler. And if you still thing accelerated mode is slow, just change the value x2 into x3 or x4.

Its impossible to argue with you, you'll never admit anything else even if its obvious or not, and even if you understand u'll change my words into something I never said.

Splash_king, I was talking about brawl, im not and will be never a PM player. Proove me your skill in the REAL and OFFICIAL game. If you arent good at brawl, you just have adapt.

Yes a mode cant be more proportional of the original game than the orignal game itself.

Nice opinion ya got there.

Splash_king, I was talking about brawl, im not and will be never a PM player. Proove me your skill in the REAL and OFFICIAL game. If you arent good at brawl, you just have adapt.

If you're so adamant 'bout "official" games, how 'bout we play Melee? Every one of Melee's top-tier character in Project: M is literally directly ported from Melee. Absolutely no differences what-so-ever, no moveset changes, no data values altered. Captain Falcon, Sheik (not Zelda though, so no Down-B), Marth, Fox, Falco and Peach are all one-to-one for their Melee incarnations. All of P:M's physics (L-canceling, the increased gravity, etc.) are the exact same as Melee. If we also play only on stages that were in Melee (Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island [Melee], Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium), we're literally playing Melee.

And before you say "that's unfair since I don't play P:M!", my mains in Project: M are Bowser and Wolf. I obviously wouldn't be playing either of them, as Wolf isn't in Melee and Bowser has been drastically changed from Melee (he's top tier now). Furthermore, I ain't played Brawl competitively in four years, and haven't even played casually in just over three. Against anyone who has an inkling of what they're doin', I'm at an unwinnable disadvantage playin' Brawl. You're tellin' me to "adapt" and play by your rules, take a spoonful of your own words and step up to my challenge.

More importantly, if you do want t' take advantage of a rusty noob like myself and play vBrawl, I'm giving you fair warning: if you lose even one match to me, who literally no longer plays the game, no one will have anything but disrespect for your opinions on Smash, or absolutely anythin' related to competitive gaming at all. It'd be obvious you're blatantly lyin' about winning any sort of tournament, none the less a regional.

So pick your poison, my friend. Put your Smash Balls where your mouth is giggity. Hell, why not both.

1.what you say if Ike smash up wouldnt trace a semi circle but attacked like Marth, would it change somehting?. I was also talking about MOVES, not deformation (deformation is only on few character too)
Appearance is only an indicator. Like Jigglypuff's Bair, the Hitbox does not match the appearance but the appearance indicates the direction of the move. Ike could have an Up Smash like Marth's but still be exactly the same as his normal Up Smash. Although that would extremely misleading. Hitboxes are the real threat, appearances can't hurt you.
The killing parts of Piranha Plant in the original Super Mario Bros. are actually the stem and leaves not their teeth or mouth. Do you know how misleading that is? You can literally jump through their mouths.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDaYK1cOCmw
Everything in this video is possible. I have seen it.

2.Yes a mode cant be more proportional of the original game than the orignal game itself. You miss readed me, I said I dont manage air-control because they didnt increased proportionnaly the speed.
Do you know what the original game even is?
250px-Supersmashbox.jpg

N64_Super_Smash_Bros_1180663530.jpg

That is the original game.
Then came Melee another official game. Brawl does not have the same proportions as this game.
Then we have Project M which is more proportional to Melee then Brawl ever was. So which one has the correct proportion? Both actually. Project M has official Sakurai Melee proportions and Brawl has official Sakurai proportions. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Melee is just as official as Brawl.

I might have to Brawl you as well even though I am extremely rusty at the game.

Last edited:
So, it's very likely I'll be dropping my Roy main in Melee.

I will, instead, be picking up Doctor Mario. And then Falcon will be my number 2, as he has been for the past few weeks.

Back